(v) Gunshot

Girl meets evil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warehouse

“A DVD player with movies and-” he looked back and forth between the smiling Donghae and the blanked faced Eunhyuk, “… knitting supplies?” Siwon said in disbelief after he looked through Donghae’s shopping purchases for Mina. They’ve been out for about all night and a day and a half and this is what they brought back, “what the fu-?”

“I know! That girl is so boring and weird!” Eunhyuk yelled raising his hands in defeat, “we spent so much on-” Eunhyuk gestured to the shopping bags between the three, “this, I could’ve bought high-grade wagyu (meat) with the money!”

Donghae shushed Siwon and Eunhyuk for the insult, “it wasn’t our money first and foremost, it was boss. So if you were going to pay for those wagyu we would be dead by now.” Donghae seemed pleased that Mina would be ecstatic with this. He rushed to see Mina.

Mina, on the other hand, wasn’t feeling her best, waking up to a blinding headache and non-stop shivering. The two blanket and heater was not helping her stay warm. The sleepless nights and her carelessness of not drying her hair took a toll on her body. Her mind was restless, she couldn’t stop thinking about Niko and Jimin while having to deal with what Joon did to her a few days back. She couldn’t believe one of those nights she missed her boss’s yelling for her being too slow at work. Her tired body chuckled at the thought.

She noticed the sliver of light coming into her room, Donghae entered. Donghae placed the shopping bags beside Mina’s bed, Mina steadily tried sitting up to see what Donghae brought. Mina saw a glimpse of red yarn. “Are those-?” Mina’s eyes lit up, hoping what she saw was not her mind playing tricks.

“YUP! Hopefully, these would keep you sane,” Donghae took out one by one what he bought.

Mina was far too excited, she got up too quick and end up giving herself a bigger headache. Regardless of her pain, she said, “thank you Donghae, I really appreciate it, but you didn’t-”

“Don’t thank me Mina, thank boss,” Donghae replied.

“J- Jeongyeon?”

Donghae nodded, “boss ordered me to buy whatever seemed fit, ‘those magazines seemed too worn out’ he said, I agreed. I remembered you like movies, but who doesn’t? And knitting … those seem like a sufficient enough activity to pass time during the winter,” he finished pulling out all his purchases and putting it on Mina’s table. “Oh! And the boss said he was impressed you knew how to knit. Takes a lot of patience to do it,” Donghae smiled, he’s never heard Jeongyeon compliment someone so easily, especially, someone who’s basically a stranger. “Well, I’ll leave you be with your tools, Mina. I’ll be outside if you need anything,” Donghae bowed and left the room.

Mina is left alone again, she eyed the things in front of her. She felt delighted with her new pass time activities, ‘finally’ she thought. Her mind wandered to Jeongyeon, she never thought he would be thoughtful enough when he made the comment about the magazines he saw when he came, to replace them or the fact he complimented her skill in knitting. She always thought her hobbies are quite boring … Jimin always said so. He would about it, when in reality, he was just jealous she wouldn’t pay attention to him when a movie is on or when she brought out her knitting supplies it would mean she can’t be disturbed. Mina has always been the one succumbing to Jimin’s wants with no complaints. The more time she’s in here, the more she realizes maybe … marrying Jimin is a mistake. Mina doesn't know if she should be relieved or scared.

Mina laughed at Donghae’s choices of movies, a bunch of mixed genres; three action, three horror, and three romance. Unfortunately, Mina has watched most of the movies he bought, but some she hasn’t seen, so that was fortunate. Mina was an avid movie goer, truthfully, she’s a homebody so movies were her best friend. Her headache pounded on her skull, she laid back down and decided to enjoy her new things when her body recovers.

Lunchtime, Donghae brought Mina her lunch. He saw Mina hasn’t touched any of his purchases. Donghae thought Mina didn’t like them, “d- did I buy the wrong color?” Donghae asked timidly.

“OH NO Donghae … no, I like them. They’re beautiful, it’s just-” Mina touched her forehead, “I think I’m sick. Is there any way I could have some medicine? I’m really not feeling well.” Suddenly she shivered, there wasn’t any wind coming in the room.

Donghae just noticed Mina’s nose is red from all the rubbing she did, but seeing a doctor needs approval from Jeongyeon. Right now, it doesn’t seem possible, “I’ll see what I can do Mina.” Donghae walked out, he doesn't know if he could do what she asked him for.

---

Donghae had a team meeting with Eunhyuk and Siwon about Mina’s condition, Siwon seemed the most apprehensive about getting a doctor for Mina. “Look, we gave her meds. We can’t just take her out to see someone! Are you crazy?!” Siwon yelled.

“Siwon is right Donghae, we kidnapped her. She’s our prisoner. Donghae … I know she reminds you of your little sister but it doesn’t mean she is! We can’t trust her to not possibly ask for help or run away once she’s out of here. Don’t be blind Donghae” Eunhyuk reasoned with Donghae’s illogical trust to Mina. He hoped Donghae doesn’t forget they could possibly cause major problems for Jeongyeon if Mina ever gets out.

Donghae frowned, he knows they’re right, “okay, I won’t push the idea.” Donghae is disappointed but his fellow bodyguards did have a point. ‘What if all this is an act?’, Donghae thought.

Meanwhile

As night falls and the clock struck midnight, Mina isn’t getting any better. Her fever subsided thanks to the medication but once they were off, it’s back. She’s sweating through her clothes underneath two blankets, even with the heater turned up, she still shivered. On top of that, she’s now coughing causing to sore. Her condition is worsening, she needed to see someone. She weakly tried standing up to knock on the door for someone. Her headache still pounding away, she held on the table for support but suddenly, she felt it was too much for her. Mina collapsed on the floor, she laid there unconscious.

 

Yoo Manor

Jeongyeon stood in his separate room near his home office. A strategy room for his ultimate payback. A room filled with news clipping, surveillance pictures, and names, are all pinned up on the wall. He’s rereading the news article giving homage to Son Chaeyoung, the son of the great businessman, Son Youngsik. Captain Yoo Kyungwan was mention to be missing in action, pronounced dead by the military, while his other fellow soldiers commanded by him came home in body bags. The military had to play off the disappearance of their black-ops team, Unit Six, as an aid support gone wrong in a war-torn country. All of it is bull, but then again will the truth be ever be revealed?

Jeongyeon added Niko to the wall along with Mina, “niece and nephew of Myoui Haraku.” His eyes lingered on Mina’s picture a little longer than needed. When the girl entered into Jeongyeon life he’s been questioning his actions more often … she’s making him feel certain things that he thought he’s thrown away since he buried Kyungwan.

“She’s far prettier in person,” Jeongyeon turns to his assistant, “what is that? Her driver’s license photo? They’re the worst.” She eyed the wall, it spanned the 15-foot wall of his office, “you need a new hobby. Lego perhaps?” she teased.

Jeongyeon huffed at her teasing, he knows she means well, “I’ve been trying to close this mission for more than six years now. I want and need to know the truth.”

“The truth sometimes hurts more than the lies Jeongyeon,” she knows more than any way how much pain the truth can have on someone. She found out her parents did sell her to human traffickers, it killed her, it wasn’t some random housebreaking, “just be ready to face it.”

Jeongyeon knew her backstory, he wondered when they first met how a beautiful woman like her could be so ruthless, once they got close he understood why she had to be to survive. They bonded over that fact, the more he knew about her the more he can see she just wished for someone to care for her. He promised he would and she promised him to do everything in her power to help him with his cause, whatever it will be.

He felt the sadness in her voice. He notices her about to leave him alone, he spun her around and pinned her to the wall and trapping her arms above her head, he heard her gasp, “the night’s still young baby girl, how about you keep me ‘company’ a little longer,” he smirked. She’s down for more talking.

---

 

Warehouse

Eunhyuk may have been apprehensive about getting help for Mina, but he does worry. He wants to check up on her, he opens the door slowly, afraid to disturb Mina if she was sleeping. What he saw shocked him. Mina laid on the ground, unconscious. “DONGHAE GET IN HERE!” Eunhyuk panicked, “holy , it’s hot in this room,” he touched her forehead, “FU- she’s burning up!”

Donghae came running in the room, seeing Mina in Eunhyuk's arms stung his heart. He couldn’t believe Mina would’ve faked her being ill, he felt sorry for doubting her. With the help of Siwon, Eunhyuk was able to carry Mina back to bed, “I’m calling boss”, Siwon said after getting Mina comfortable.

Jeongyeon was currently occupied with his assistant’s tongue down his throat. This was getting hot and ready on the couch, she’s on top of him. His hands cupping her round firm , his shirt already discarded, and her hands were slowly teasing his rock hard body. She can feel him getting hard and her getting wetter by each passing minute, she smirked at that. Unfortunately, their session was cut short by Jeongyeon’s phone ringing. She cursed, Jeongyeon smiled thinking how insatiable this woman above him is. He ordered her to see who’s calling, “Siwon,” she threw the phone at him.

“What is it? I’m in the middle of something,” was back to teasing his earlobe, saying dirty and naughty things she’s about to do to him.

“Boss … Mina is unconscious,” Jeongyeon told her to stop, she did as she’s told but pouts, “we found her on the floor. We gave her meds, but her fever won’t go away. What do we do?”

Jeongyeon wore his shirt back on, “unconscious? You idiots!” he rushed to pick up his jacket on, he told her to follow him, “call Baekhyun now! Tell him to go to the warehouse!” he hung up and ran to drive to see Mina.

The drive was silent, Jeongyeon was focused on just getting there. All the time she’s been with him, she’s never seen him like this, ‘Myoui Mina … you’re more interesting than I thought,’ she thought as she leaned back in the passenger seat.

 

Warehouse

They arrive simultaneously with Beakhyun, a doctor who owned a clinic in Seoul. He was secretly assigned to Jeongyeon as an emergency doctor. Jeongyeon ran inside to Mina’s room with Beakhyun behind him. Donghae ushered Beakhyun inside the room, he immediately introduces himself to her to check on her. Mina saw a glimpse of a worried Jeongyeon as her room door slowly close.

Mina’s bodyguards, Jeongyeon, and his assistant stood outside the room, “why did you call me earlier?!”, Jeongyeon hound on Donghae. His assistant crossed her arms and leaned back on the wall, she watches Jeongyeon closely.

“We- we thought about that,” Eunhyuk appointed himself as the spokesperson for the three bodyguards. Nobody is brave enough to elaborate.

“AND?!”

The three taken back by his voice, “well- well boss … we, as a team, though … th- that she’s fa- faking it and afraid sh- she might escape,” it was Donghae’s turn to reply.

She knew that was a stupid answer, she smirked knowing what would come next. “Escape? … okay” his tone changed 180, he looked calm. Donghae and the others thought Jeongyeon found their logic to be logical, well they thought wrong. Three consecutive powerful fast slaps went across their heads. Jeongyeon slapped them so hard, it echoes down the corridor, even in Mina’s room, Mina and Baekhyun heard it. Mina’s grew wide, worrying about her friends and remembering how Jeongyeon is when he’s angry. Baekhyun goes about his business, he’s used to this.

Jeongyeon grabs Siwon’s face and forced him to look through the small glass window, “LOOK AT HER! DOES SHE LOOK LIKE SHE’S GOT THE ENERGY TO RUN?!” Siwon looks at Mina, her body slumped as she sits on the bed, her pale skin paler, her nose red, her eyes droopy from the lack of sleep can’t seem to get. All they could do was look down in shame, Jeongyeon is right. Mina couldn’t even make it out of the room, let alone with the freezing weather outside. “You three stay outside! Spend the whole damn night outside! I want you three to get sick and freeze!” Jeongyeon ordered and they followed. Donghae, Eunhyuk, and Siwon walked off with Jeongyeon’s assistant following them. Again, she has never seen him like this.

Jeongyeon walks into Mina’s room, Mina is laying down and sleeping, at least that’s what Jeongyeon thought.

“How is she doc? Is it serious? Do we need to take her to the hospital?” Jeongyeon suddenly bombarded Beakhyun with questions.

Beakhyun was taken back, he’s never heard he voiced his concern over someone, especially a woman who’s not his assistant, “she caught the flu, and it’s not serious. I gave her a shot of vitamin to fasten her recovery time, she needs to take medicine in the meantime,” Beakhyun knows what Jeongyeon does for a living, he doesn’t question the fact there’s a woman being confined in a small room. He learned he should just keep his mouth shut and just do what Jeongyeon tells him to.

“Give the prescription to one of my men to buy on your way out,” Jeongyeon ordered, Beakhyun nods and p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter