(vii) Happy New Year

Girl meets evil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul police station

“I told you my story why can’t you help me?!” Jimin yelled at the officer behind the desk. The latter sighed and sat back.

“Young man, please calm down. It is obvious that your fiancé chose to leave willingly with her brother to Japan.”

“She would never leave me,” Jimin was devastated, he sat on the chair and read the letter for the nth time “we're going to spend forever and she won’t give up on us that easily!” he held her gold ring, “... she wouldn’t”

“I am sorry but I can’t help you, especially that she and her brother are of age. There's no evidence to show she was forced or taken out of a will," the officer looks pitifully at Jimin, "have you tried contacting her again?"

“I've tried!” Jimin ruffled his hair, “I just got home from volunteering in Africa! signal or no signal. We had fought for sure! but we were fine before I left. She wouldn't just ... leave.”

“Son," the officer sits down next to Jimin, "this may be hard to accept now, but I've seen people pull through. Marriage is ... very tricky and it seemed your fiance was unhappy. We cannot predict or control what people feel, you want her happy?” Jimin blankly nods, "then give her some space to think son ... if you were destined, then she'll come back."

Jimin nodded, he shook hands with the police officer and left the police station. He stood outside drenched in the rain, he looked at his engagement ring and sighed, “where are you my angel?”

 

Yoo Manor

Mina was restless, she was a little dazed as to where she was, but remembered about the fire and Jeongyeon saving her. She turned to find Jeongyeon sleeping on the chair next to her. His hand was so close to hers … ‘did we held hands?’ Mina thought. Jeongyeon wasn’t sleeping in the most comfortable position but she was hesitant. She giggled as Jeongyeon started to make small grunting sounds and scrunching his face, clearly seen he was uncomfortable. What Mina didn’t realize was her body leaning towards him until Baekhyun voice startled her.

“You’re awake,” he smirked when she saw Mina’s blushing face and sudden back peddling. Jeongyeon also jerked awake. “Mornin’ to both of you,” he walks to Mina, “I’m going to check on you.” Jeongyeon watches as Beakhyun touch Mina … he can’t help to grip the chair a little tighter every time Beakhyun’s hand touches Mina.

Beakhyun listened to Mina’s heart, “I hope they’re good dreams you had … your heart’s racing,” Beakhyun teases the girl. Jeongyeon tilts his head like a confused puppy, watching Mina in worry.

‘STOP BEING SO CUTE!’ Mina thought when she glanced at Jeongyeon, “um … yes, good dream, don’t worry doc,” Mina smiles trying to subdue Jeongyeon’s worry.

“Well everything seems to be fine with you Mina”

Jeongyeon gets up slowly, “all right then, you can leave now.”

“Jeongyeon, your shoulder-”

“-IS FINE. I won’t put so much stress on it for a few days. Don’t worry I will rest,” Jeongyeon cuts him off, reassuring him he will finally rest. Beakhyun bowed after packing his things and left.

Jeongyeon offered Mina his bathroom to shower, as she did, Jeongyeon was finally left with his thoughts. He still can’t wrap around his actions, the fear of seeing Mina lifeless then the electrifying surge of relief when he saw her breathing again. He’s certain the ‘hostage’ label for her, he keeps saying to himself is no longer valid. Something was happening … and Jeongyeon just can’t understand what, “what are you doing to me Myoui mina?”

Mina felt rejuvenated, feeling the warm water cascading down her skin was heavenly. She’s enjoying every bit of dirt and grim falling off her. She didn’t even notice the time.

“Mina?” Jeongyeon knocked

Mina startled, she turned off the water, “yes?”

Jeongyeon lets out a sigh of relief, “spare clothes for you on the counter.”

Mina blushed and bit her lower lip as she holds up the black hoodie Jeongyeon said she could wear. It was a lot bigger on her, her hands barely came out of the sleeve while the sweatpants needed to be rolled multiple times for it to stop falling off her. She left the bathroom to find Jeongyeon standing in front of his window, wearing grey sweatpants with his tight white undershirt. It was the first time seeing him without his expensive suits.

“Thank you for the clothes,” Mina said.

Jeongyeon turned and looked at her from head to toe, he can’t deny that Mina looked very adorable, her slim body being drowned by the baggy clothes she wore and her black hair still wet. “Rest,” Jeongyeon walked out of the room.

“Your welcome Mina … jeez, why’s he so cold for? I’m just trying to be nice,” Mina annoyed laid down in bed. She kept mulling over Jeongyeon’s cold behavior to the point until her body relaxed on his bed and she fell asleep.

Mina smelled burnt toast beside her, she opened her eyes and indeed there sat two burnt toast, scrambled eggs, very crispy … bacon, and orange juice. Mina was confused as to how anyway could screw up toast.

“I thought you’d be hungry,” Jeongyeon said watching her skeptical look at her breakfast he made.

“T- thanks,” Mina stuttered, she wouldn’t consider it breakfast, but the fact that Jeongyeon tried is endearing. She doesn’t want to hurt his feelings so she took a bite of the eggs, she tried not to make a face, they were very salty, “they’re- … Good,” finally Mina swallows them.

“You’re a terrible liar,” Jeongyeon said eyeing Mina.

“Okay fine. The eggs too salty, the toast is burnt- how does one screw up toast?, the bacon is way too overcooked, but the orange juice looks delicious,” Mina smiled at him, mocking him if the truth felt better than her lying to his face. Jeongyeon was hurt, then Mina spoke again, “-but I wouldn’t have it any other way,” she took another bite of the toast, “thanks for trying Jeongyeon.”

Jeongyeon’s heart beats a little faster and actually blushed, ‘she’ll be the death of me’, Jeongyeon thought as Mina munched on the rest of her breakfast. “e- eat well. I- I’ll me- be outside. Rest,” he left Mina to eat in peace. Jeongyeon cursed himself for stuttering and slip-ups, Yoo Jeongyeon never stutters, there’s always a first for everything.

“He’s adorable,” Mina giggled as she ate her worst breakfast ever with a smile.

---

December 30th

GS Company

Jeongyeon was sitting behind his desk, video calling Momo who is in Japan. As much as he hates admitting this but he was lost without her. Momo is like his shadow and being away from him is unusual.

“Is Niko behaving?” Jeongyeon asked staring at the screen.

“Don’t worry I can handle him, he’s a hormonal teenager … can’t blame him though, I look stunning,” she blew a kiss at him, “He is listening to my instruction very well and hopefully we can get what we want soon,” Momo looked at her clipboard “how the preparation for new year’s eve?

Jeongyeon widened his eyes “EHH?” he mirrored her usual reaction.

“Yoo Jeongyeon I leave you and you’ve just lost it. You own Boomtown Casino and you do this party annually and you need to find a partner!” she smiled at him.

“Do you have any candidates in your mind?” he asked while writing something on a paper, unnoticing her wide smirk.

Jeongyeon sat back and sighed “that hot model I went out with once, what was her name?” he thought for about it, “Nana? Do I have her number in the phonebook?”

“Oh please, that . As soon as she sees someone with bigger pockets she’ll run right at him. I don’t trust her.”

Jeongyeon hummed and dose off, thinking about every girl he once met.

“Can I suggest someone?”

“Shoot”

She smiled devilishly, “how about Myoui Mina?”

“Now you’re being crazy, ask the girl I kidnap to be my date? Are you out of your mind Momo? whatever you’re smoking in Japan is ruining your beautiful mind,” Jeongyeon chuckled. He misses her craziness.

“Got any ideas that don’t end up in a drink thrown at your face at the end of the night?” Momo challenges Jeongyeon, she knows he doesn't. “no- good! so shut up. Don’t worry baby~ I know she’ll leave them speechless.”

Jeongyeon can’t and doesn’t have anything to say to Momo for a come-back, the idea of taking Mina as his date was thrilling but at the same time, terrifying. He has no other choice, going into this party without a date would ruin his reputation, he ALWAYS had a show-stopping date around his arm, Momo was always there, but currently, he needed her in Japan.

“Don’t fry that pretty brain of yours, daddy~ I’ll take care of everything. BYE. loveandmissyou,” Momo hangs up the call. She smiles but her eyes showed so much sadness, “you’re one lucky girl Myoui Mina.”

 

 

 

 

December 31st

Yoo Manor

Mina was about to enter the kitchen when she heard the front door’s open, “Jeongyeon?” she said in a low voice while rushing to the door but unfortunately, it was none other than Momo.

“Sorry to disappoint Myoui,” said the blondie while flipping her hair, “now let’s go we need to take care of you”

Mina’s eyes widen, she thought hard as to what she did wrong for Momo to ‘take care of her’, she’s terrified of this woman.

Momo laughed looking at Mina’s reaction, “oh sweetie~ I’m not going to hurt you promise,” Momo stands right in front of Mina and checks her from top to bottom. “Hmm … we’ve got a lot of work to do. First! Hairdresser!”

“Ehhh?”

---

The makeover took more than three hours, Mina didn’t know what all this fuss is about. Nevertheless, she was delighted by the fact that she got a free haircut, keratin session, and massage treatment.

“May I ask where are we going?” Mina couldn’t hold it anymore. It was almost seven and she was still outside the manor with only two bodyguards with her and Momo.

“Boomtown Casino,” Momo replied “there’s a party and you will be Jeongyeon’s partner for this night,” Momo pats Mina’s leg, “relax.”

Mina hummed and looked away, wondering how this answer is supposed to comfort her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter