(xv) Close

Girl meets evil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days passed …

Jeongyeon’s days were mostly spent outside the mansion, he’s seeing less and less of Mina. He cherished the moments at night where he would come home and Mina would greet him by the door, they would try to spend as much time together. Mina would talk of her adventures in the mansion with little Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon would happily listen to anything Mina would say. He loved the way Mina hugged him and kissed him, she poured every ounce of feeling into every single one of her affection. He could feel how much she missed him, he would try to reciprocate those feelings. Jeongyeon indeed chose the right girl.

Jeongyeon rests his head on Mina’s lap as she his short brown hair.

“He was like a father to me Mina … he took care of me in the military. He taught me everything I knew. I wanted to make him proud. But guess family isn’t always as strong as we think. I’m an idiot! He left me for dead. He left us for dead! I’d like to see his eyes stare down the barrel of my gun-”

*smack*

Mina hit Jeongyeon on the forehead, “what did I say about killing Jeongyeon? I don’t like it. You are far better than that. Now … I’m sorry I interrupt but I didn’t like where you were taking the conversation. Continue.” Mina kissed where she hit him and apologize for smacking so hard on his beautiful forehead.

“I’m just- I’m sorry my love. I can’t believe my brothers are gone because of him. And I just want to-”

“Shuush”, Mina comforted him, ”you can’t turn back time sweetie, I just hope you’ll come back to me because I need you by my side forever.” Mina kissed his sweet lips. Jeongyeon sat up and stared at her. Mina swore the way his soft eyes bore into her soul would instantly melt her, “w-what?” she stuttered and blushed.

“You turned my life upside down Myoui Mina.” the way he said it made Mina giggle, “honest, I didn’t know what I would’ve done if I finished what I accomplished to do-”

“Run away with Momo probably.” Mina rolled her eyes.

Jeongyeon jumped on her and engulfed her in his big strong arms, “hm … I hear the jealous monster come out.” he peppered Mina with kisses until she yielded. “That’s still the plan, but now there’s you. You were an unexpected piece in my life, I never knew I needed. I love you Myoui Mina and I can’t wait to spend forever with you. You’ve changed me, you brought a piece of Kyungwan in me that I thought I buried, and I couldn’t be more thankful.” Jeongyeon loved kissing Mina’s lips and he would kiss them until he couldn’t.

Mina felt warm and safe, so happy she might combust, “I still can’t believe I fell for you too Yoo Jeongyeon. Especially on how we met was … unorthodox to say the least.” Mina was referring to how Jeongyeon was her kidnapper turn fiance, it was and still is a weird roller coaster she wouldn’t want to get off of. “I love Yoo Jeongyeon or Kyungwan. I can’t wait either to spend forever with you … Momo and little Chae of course.” Mina laughed, she’s going to have a baby with Jeongyeon and that baby was going to have a sister and an aunt who would love her as much as its parents would. Mina was going to have a big family she didn’t have growing up. “So now … tell me about this plan of yours to expose that bastard?”

Jeongyeon couldn’t help but laugh out loud, it was his first time hearing Mina curse, “can you say it again?”.

“Which one?” Mina was confused, “b-bastard?”.

Jeongyeon laughed again before pulling her closer to him, “let me enjoy having you close Princess.” he said ending their night conversation.

~~~

Morning - Sungsoo’s office

Sungsoo sat behind his desk signing papers, he been having a problem with a lack of security. He hoped this new recruitment was good enough. A knock at the door, his assistant bowed and greet him.

“Morning sir, the new recruitment arrived.”

A tall man came in, he bowed humbly at the elder and stood straight.

“My name is Choi Siwon. I will be your personal bodyguard. Or you could think of me of your slave sir.” he said confidently, “please take care of me.”

Sungsoo sat back and stared at Siwon, “compared to the last few guys you brought in, I like this one the most.” he stated, “wait for me outside Siwon.”

The latter did as he was told.

Meanwhile …

Momo’s phone vibrated in her pocket, the message read ‘Mickey one is in’ she smirked, “Siwon got it.” she informed Jeongyeon who was looking out of the car window.

“Good. Stick to the plan and take care.”. Jeongyeon continued to frown and looked out the window, observing.

Momo replied to Siwon, she then patted Jeongyeon’s thigh and smiled at him, “everything will be fine, don’t worry.” her eyes then darted to the place Jeongyeon kept eyeing, “there she is.”.

Jeongyeon nodded and got out the car, “stay here. I want to talk to her alone.”.

Momo nodded and watched him walk into the small antique shop.

The welcome bell ding and Kyunghee perked, “welcom-” she saw who came in, “what are you going here?! Get out!”

Jeongyeon closed the door and flipped the open sign to closed, “last time we spoke you didn’t give me a chance to speak, this time you will listen …” his voice soft and pleading, “please.”

“I don’t have anything to say!”

Jeongyeon took a deep breath and spoke, “a few years ago I used to be a merit soldier, a soldier who vowed to protect this country and its people. I dedicated my life to the military, but the military buried me alive. Sungsoo was my general. He was the man I wanted to be, he was the man who took me in and put me under his wing, and I trusted him with my life. Back in 2012, I and my unit had a covert mission to North Korea, but I was the only one who made it back.” Kyunghee frowned hearing Jeongyeon’s speech, “I was not meant to survive, but fate had other plans. I made it my mission … my purpose … to find out who ordered the massacre of my brothers.” Jeongyeon walked closer to Kyunghee, “low and behold, the clues lead to straight to General Sungsoo.”

Kyunghee stared back, “I won’t let you hurt him.”.

Jeongyeon clenched his fist, he couldn’t believe she still defended Sungsoo, “you speak lowly of me ma’am, I am not doing this just for me, I’m doing this for my brothers … my brother’s family … and this country. People need to know what kind of sick general they trust their life with. But I can’t do this alone, I need your help.” Jeongyeon paused hoping Kyunghee could see his plea, “I want my brothers to rest in peace.”.

Kyunghee could hear the desperation in his voice, she could feel the pain of a soldier watching his fellow unit killed in front of him. She knew she had to do the right thing, “I loved Sungsoo … I wondered why we couldn’t work out, but I knew he wouldn’t choose me over his post and family, I was always the third choice.”. She grabbed a piece of paper and proceed to wri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter