(xvi) The End

Girl meets evil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul

“What is this?!”, a father smacked his television screen, “where’s the match?!”.

His son raised the volume up, “Dad! Dad! Wait! Where have I seen him before?”

“General Sungsoo?”, the father’s eyes widen.

Everyone in the country was watching the broadcast. Only the general could be seen by the citizens, Jeongyeon was safe from view. The citizens couldn’t believe what they were hearing.

 

 

Police Station

The officers were baffled as to what erupted in their backyard, “someone better tell me good news!”.

“We’re trying sir! We can’t seem to pinpoint the origin sir! Our systems keep pinging to different countries, these hackers aren’t playing around.”, the officers were far outskilled by Momo, they can’t catch up to her cat and mouse game.

Even though Momo was skilled in this game, she still was nervous for Jeongyeon. Her legs bounced as she watches her screen, “God please protect him, don’t let him get arrested.” she prayed.

Meanwhile …

Mina sat on the couch beside Chaeyoung, she pulled the girl closer as they watched what goes on.

“Aunt Mina? Who is that?”

“A bad man sweetie, a very bad man.”, she said caressing the younger girl in her arms.

~~~

 

“I killed Yoo Kyungwan a long time ago.” Sungsoo said, “there’s no way in hell he’s still alive! I left him for dead.”.

“Well I’m standing right before you sir. And I’m very much alive.”, He clenched his sweaty fist, he was nervous but he can’t show it. He fought long and hard to stand before the man that killed those who he cared about. He spent most of his second life for this day and he’s not going to let it slip, “why?! Tell me!”, Jeongyeon asked, “why did you betray this country? On the 13th of July 2012, why did you kill Unit Six?!”.

Sungsoo chuckled deeply, it sounded so evil, “you spit nonsenses son. Where is your proof?! You can’t go anywhere saying I ordered to kill a bunch of my men.” Sungsoo smiled, “stop wasting my time and leave.”.

Jeongyeon stood tall, undeterred by Sungsoo’s bluff, “you fired your assistant Kim Youngsoo on the same year, you sent him far from Korea to the Philippines. He couldn’t contact anyone, even his own family.” Jeongyeon watched the general closely, he could feel a change of aura around him, “if that doesn’t sound suspicious enough, shall I talk about Lee Kyunghee? The woman you had a love affair with and threw her away as if she’s nothing? I wonder why? Was it because you were afraid to get caught or … did she knew something more than she should?”.

Sungsoo frowned upon hearing how Jeongyeon knew so much of him, “you are getting on my nerves boy, all of those were pure coincidental! I didn’t order anyone to kill unit six!”.

Jeongyeon pulled out a small recorder and pressed play, he made sure the camera picked up the audio, “back in 2012 Unit Six were sent by General Sungsoo to steal Nuclear plans made by North Korea. However, the General had other plans, he sold back the documents to North Korea for 10 billion dollars and established a relationship with the corrupt General’s of North Korea. He then staged the assassination of Unit Six.” the audio was from Kim Youngsoo when Jeongyeon got a hold of him in the Philippines.

Jeongyeon put back the recording in his pocket and smirked at Sungsoo, “shall I remind you about Jung Joonho, who did your dirty work to kill Unit Six … YOUR CADETS! MY BROTHERS!? He was sent by Myoui Hakaru from Japan too.” Jeongyeon took a deep breath, “don’t waste our time and confess … Sir.”.

 

Police Station

“SIR! Jung Joonho was the guy we found in front of the police station last week! He refused to talk! He’s the killer?!” one of the police officers yelled and looked at the chief, “what is happening here, sir? Who is behind this whole thing?!”.

The chief was watching the TV with anxious eyes, “we need to move quickly. Locate me Sungsoo’s mansion! I think we have an arrest warrant for this man.”.

 

 

Sungsoo’s Mansion

Sungsoo was sweating profusely, he was trigger itchy, he couldn’t believe someone figured everything out. He made sure to hide his tracks carefully, “you’re very clever boy, I wonder how hard you’ve worked to find all that out, you should work with us instead of wasting time blackmailing me.”.

Jeongyeon looked down and smiled, “I rather die AGAIN than working with you and THEM.”.

“Them? Do you know who ‘THEM’ are?” Sungsoo leaned in, the camera wasn’t enough to capture the hatred in his eyes, “you’re talking about the strongest country in the world son! The work outside the world’s laws! Be on their side and you wouldn’t have to worry about anything in life. LOOK AT ME! I make more money with them than I do with this country!”

“I wonder on who will you use all this power.” Jeongyeon baited him.

“One aspect we need to work on, you ask stupid questions. We start with here. South Korea has been resisting the North for far too long. Then we move onto others.”.

Jeongyeon clenched his jaw, “Jeongyeon, calm down … please, we are almost there. Don’t lose your temper.” Momo said.

“You know thinking about it, you were always a hard head but you were one of the best. I liked you boy. You always showed potential, but now, I know you’d be an amazing asset to our cause.” the General leans back and inspected Jeongyeon with a proud gaze he used to give him back in his military days.

Jeongyeon wanted to puke, he no longer wanted the man to look at him the way he does, “you want to know my opinion sir?” Sungsoo lifted his head in anticipation, “I think you’d fit well in prison.”, Jeongyeon pointed at the bookshelf behind him.

Sungsoo was confused, he squinted his eyes and finally saw what Jeongyeon was pointing at, “this- wh- what is this?!”.

“Your downfall Sir. Killing is never the solution I learned that recently.” Jeongyeon smiled thinking about Mina.

Simultaneously, they both heard sirens outside the mansion and blue and red lights littered the sky. The police came ready to arrest him after an instant order from the Ministry of Defense.

“Jeongyeon you need to leave now! The police are here! RUN!” Momo screamed into his ear, “broadcast off!”.

Sungsoo panicked and in the midst of him panicking, Jeongyeon saw an opportunity to escape the window. Before he jumped off he heard Sungsoo say, “you’ll regret this Kyungwan!” Sungsoo fired his gun but missed Jeongyeon by a hair, his bullet shot the window sill Jeongyeon jumped off from.

Jeongyeon pulled out a mask and cap inside his jacket, “good luck finding a dead guy.”.

“SON OF A !” Sungsoo yelled before the door burst open and officers filled in the room.

“General Kim Sungsoo! You are under arrest! PUT DOWN THE GUN SIR!” Sungsoo was cornered, he slowly lifted his hands and accepted his fate.

~~~

 

As soon as Jeongyeon stepped out the property, a police officer saw him. “YOU! GET BACK HERE!” Jeongyeon ran as fast as he could. He ducked and swerved the streets hoping to dodge the police. He looked behind and saw them getting closer making him lose hope.

‘This is the end Jeongyeon-ah’ he thought as flashback came of the last few years of his life … from changing to Yoo Jeongyeon … meeting Myoui Mina … everything was crossing his mind until a speeding car halted and its passenger door open.

“GET IN LOSER!”

Jeongyeon couldn’t believe his eyes, Niko was the one driving. He drove fast, the police was catching up to him. Two police cars were behind them. “Can you handle this? Or shall I drive?”, Jeongyeon panicked, he was unsure of Niko’s abilities or intentions.

Niko winked before he drove between cars, even Jeongyeon was shocked with his driving skills. They slowly but surely lost the police.

 

Silence.

 

“Should I run away from you too?” Jeongyeon glanced at Niko. He was left with no weapon to defend himself so if Niko attacked he could.

“I came to help.”

Jeongyeon’s eye twitched, “why? I thought you hated my guts.” Jeongyeon’s hand reached slowly for the car door, he was afraid all of this was an act.

Niko saw the slight of hand and quickly locked the doors, “do you want to die?! I’m going over 80! If you bail Mina will be alone! Then I’ll make sure you’re dead!” Niko yelled but calmed down, “I think it’s time to move forward and forget the past.”. Niko glanced at Jeongyeon and saw the latter had his jaws dropped. “I took uncle’s Haytham’s place, and I don’t want to keep fighting … I still want Mina around in my life and, unfortunately, you’re my sister’s boyfriend.” Niko was met with silence, “you’re serious about her right?”. Jeongyeon felt flames coming out of Niko’s mouth.

“Fu- yes. YES! More than serious. I’m going to marry her when everything ends.” he looked back to see anyone following them but luckily they lost them.

“I’m glad to hear … I hope to see her in a beautiful wedding dress. She deserves to be happy, finally. With everything, I put her through. By the way, I watched the broadcast, I would’ve put a bullet between his eyes if I were you.”.

“That was the plan … but someone changed my mind.”.

Niko smirked, “let me guess … Mina Noona?”.

Jeongyeon nodded, “your sister is something else.”.

“She is, but it’s unfortunate she had to fall for someone like you.” Jeongyeon felt hurt by what Niko said but he doesn’t hold it against him since it was true, he doesn’t deserve someone like Mina, she was too pure for him. But life had other plans. Niko continued, “I won’t stand against your relationship, but you need to PROMISE ME, you’re going to keep her safe and make her the happiest girl alive! Or mark my words Yoo Jeongyeon, I will find you and I will cut your throat!”.

Jeongyeon didn’t feel at all threaten because he knew, there isn’t anything in this world stopping him to make Mina smile, “don’t worry, she’s in safe hands.”.

Niko smiled and parked the car where he was told to. Jeongyeon stood among the parked cars in a secluded parking lot, he opened the cover and revealed a yellow Lamborghini, “thanks for the gift Momo.”.

He sat behind the wheel and looked forward, “it’s over … now for a new chapter.” he revved the engine and drove off.

~~~

Hideout

Mina paced around the living room, the tv was on 24/7. Momo won’t pick up her phone. She couldn’t reach Jeongyeon for sure, people were talking and Mina was panicking. She had no confirmation as to Jeongyeon making it alive or not.

Chaeyoung small feet dragged her into the living room, she saw Mina mumble to herself and glancing back and forth to the tv and her feet, “Aunty Mina … what’s happening?” Chaeyoung asked innocently.

Mina sat down and cupped Chaeyoung’s face, “hey honey, everything’s fine. How about you go and play with uncle Donghae outside, hm?” Mina tried to put on her best gummy smile to calm the child down.

Chaeyoung ran out to the garden as the news reported on Sungsoo’s arrest, “General Sungso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter