(xii) Kingdom down

Girl meets evil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One more Vote till we hit 30 *sweats nervously* P-please UPVOTE.

And don't forget to read my coauthor's Jayt182  first story <3 Nothing is as it seemed (JEOGNMO) PLEASE SUPPORT HER. She deserves all the love and she is better than me I promise <3 

Time ticked down, with each passing second was a risk Mina was taking making sure Jeongyeon gets the peace he always wanted. She doesn’t work well under stress, but she wrote everything down. Numbers, dates, and names. “Jung Joonho?” Mina murmured while placing the files back. She couldn’t get his face out of her mind, a badly drawn attempt of a dragon tattoo on his neck and a mole under his right eye. Mina rushed to get out before getting caught, in the rush, she knocked down the chair and winced in pain as she placed it back. Mina prayed her endeavor was useful for Jeongyeon.

 

Niko walked slowly to his desk, he carefully readjusted the misplaced pen, “odd.” he noticed things. Being a thief before, he’s immaculate. Too careful with everything, it has paid off in many circumstances. He walked around the room noticing the usual indents his chair used to sit was visible, “someone’s been naughty.” Niko checked the drawer, the files were still there, but the pages looked like they were hastily put back together. Niko gritted his teeth. There were only two people who could enter his room without permission, Haytham and Mina. Niko deduced Haytham wouldn’t mess around in here anyway, that left only Mina. He clenched his fist and leaves to talk with his sister.

 

He walked in Mina’s room and found her reading on her couch. “Niko~ you’re back. Let’s watch a movie.” She was about to hug the latter but was stopped.

 

“Why did you go through my things?”

 

Mina yelped, she was very careful and didn’t think Niko would notice this easily. But she smiled, “I-I needed a pen.” she lied.

 

Niko calmly walked to Mina’s desk, he suddenly broke her chair. “A PEN?! You think I’m stupid noona?!” Niko fumed, his eyes burned with anger. Mina backed away, afraid her loving brother might actually hurt her. She felt a different aura from Niko, a lot more sinister. “Where? Where is it?! give.it.to.me.NOW.” Niko held out his hand, he saw the fear in Mina’s eyes but he didn’t care. Mina shook grabbing the piece of paper to Niko. As soon as she did, she immediately back away.

 

Niko was hurt, he thought his only sister has chosen him over the man who would destroy them as a family. Niko’s head hung low, he still couldn’t believe his own blood was going to betray him, “love is truly blind … you know Mina … life has not been kind to both of us growing up. Dad worked his off for both of us, and what? He’s dead. You worked and fell in love with a man who’s only around when you sleep and gone when you’re awake. That’s just ed up. You deserved the world. WE. DESERVED. THE. WORLD. Haytham and I are going to give us that! NOT ING YOO JEONGYEON.”

 

“He gave you a second chance.”

 

“What he gave me was a choice with no way out. If you think him pointing a gun to my head and threatening me with my sister’s life on the line was a second chance, then I must salute his prowess in blinding women.”

 

“Niko I-”

 

“FORGOT THAT HE TRIED KILLING US?! Yeah, you did! He’s ing his assistant! Stop being delusional Mina! That man does not know what love is! If he does, where is he?! He’s not saving you that’s for sure.”

 

Mina looked everywhere but Niko, hesitant to say Niko was right. Mina doubts Jeongyeon’s love for her, will she ever be his reason to live?

 

Niko walked slowly towards his sister, “Noona, I want a brighter future for both of us. I want you to have the picket fence you dreamed of, I want you to find someone who would put you up on a pedestal, I want nieces or nephews, I want to have you in my life.” Niko held up the piece of paper Mina wrote, “this will give us all of that. This will secure an upper hand on Yoo Jeongyeon, and finally, we can take down the beast.” Mina finally stared into Niko’s sinister eyes, she can’t imagine a life without Yoo Jeongyeon. “Jeongyeon will disappear from this world and I will be the one who does it.”

 

Mina backed away from her brother, unsure of who was standing before her.

 

Niko was hurt but he understood, Mina was in shock, “okay noona. I’ll wait for you to come to your senses. I understand this is a lot to take in. Please remember, I’m doing all this for us.” Niko walked off to leave before saying, “I’ll be waiting in the theater if you’re still up for that movie.”

 

The latter heard her door click shut, Mina collapsed on the bed and cried. She can’t understand why life can’t be the way she imagined it to be when she was younger.

 

---

 

Niko was elated when Mina came down to see him, her cheeks red and eyes puffy, but Niko thought she had to face the truth sooner or later. Mina always forgave Niko, no matter what, she hates what he has become but she could never truly hate him.

 

Mina sat a little too distant from Niko but she was still there. The viewing was silent for the most part, enjoying the Korean movie when suddenly Niko laughed out loud. Mina thought she missed a joke, but there’s nothing funny going on.

 

“I’m imagining you pregnant,” he pointed out the protagonist struggling with her pregnancy. “I can’t imagine you with a big tummy. I’ve never seen you more than 45 kg! I wouldn’t want to be the one you wake up for ing peanut butter and pickles at 2 in the morning … I pity your husband.” Niko made a disgusted face, “and you’ll be moody too … .” Niko shuddered.

 

Mina internally panicked but didn’t show it. ‘vomiting? Moody? Crazy cravings? No … NO NO!’ Mina listed all of her symptoms she currently was experiencing.

 

“What’s the date today?” she asked.

 

“February 20th, why?”

 

’, Niko raised a confusing eyebrow at her, “oh no-nothing valentines day passed. Mina widened her eyes, ‘I- I missed getting chocolate.” Mina laughed off her awkwardness.

 

“You and your chocolate. If it weren’t for your addiction, I would think you ARE pregnant. I’ll get you some.” Niko left for the kitchen.

 

Mina was left alone, she laid her hand on her stomach and thought, ‘am I?’

 

---

 

Night

Dinner with Haytham was long overdue, Mina sat across from Niko, while Haytham sat at the head of the table. Mina was mostly quiet, still in shock at the possibility of being pregnant. Niko was very talkative, excited to finally open up to Haytham about his sister. Haytham was as excited to know more of this Myoui Mina, plus he hasn’t seen Niko smile this much.

 

“Mina,” Haytham spoke, “you’ve been quite quiet this whole evening, is everything all right?” Mina could only nod, she doesn’t trust her voice or the people around the table, “well … let’s give your brother’s voice a rest, shall we? I remember meeting Niko for the first time, he wasn’t much of a talker.” This conversation peaked Mina’s interest.

 

“This boy was ditching school to gamble.” Mina turned her head so fast to Niko, who looked away in shame from her sister glare. “Now now, Mina, don’t worry I made sure he finished school with good grades didn’t he? Where was I?- … ah yes, unbeknownst to him, it was my gambling ring. And your brother has been counting cards, which takes talent.” Haytham beamed, “he was winning … too much. And I hate people who with me. So I wanted to meet him. It turned out, there’s a lot more to this boy than I thought.”

 

Mina was intently listening, she could see the fatherly figure Niko talked about so much.

 

“After father … passed, you know how I was … I didn’t take it very well. I knew how much you tried being a mom, a dad, and a sister. You can’t be. But when I met uncle … I got my sister back. He taught me how to be a man for you noona. And I can’t thank him enough.”

 

Mina felt the warmth she felt long ago with her family. It’s odd for her, but she can see how much Haytham cared for Niko and it warmed her heart. She understood now why Niko choose to follow Haytham, he was like a father to Niko. She just hoped the gun he chooses to fire doesn’t backfire on him.

 

---

 

 

 

Yoo Manor

 

Jeongyeon finally landed from the Philippines. He dropped his bags by the door and sighed, the manor was empty. He imagined Mina running to greet him with a hug and a kiss but now, nothing. He sat by the chair Mina used to sit with a glass of whiskey and drowned himself the thought of the future.

 

“My promise still holds true. I’m going to bring Mina home to you.” Momo appeared beside him.

 

Jeongyeon smiled, “I don’t doubt that Hirai spirit. I never did. I’m just thinking about the possible future Mo. Will, I ever find the peace I hoped for?”

 

“No doubt, what can’t the great Yoo Jeongyeon do? It’ll be all over soon Jeongie. Your brothers can finally rest in peace and you can finally start your future.” Momo caressed Jeongyeon’s back.

 

“I hope so Mo. I hope so.”

 

Momo curious asked,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter