(xiii) Back to you

Girl meets evil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The aftermath of the battle wasn’t as sweet as having Mina in his arms. Jeongyeon watched as his men were driven to Baekhyun’s clinic. Some injuries were minor, but some needed immediate medical attention. The rest of the uninjured men made sure there were no traces of them when the police came to investigate, the police would surely be here in a few minutes with the fire caused by the battle.

 

Yoo Manor

Mina has been aloof since she’s been back it made Jeongyeon worry.

“Are you okay love?” he spoke softly. Mina couldn’t answer, she wanted to say yes but she can’t be all right from what she witness a few hours ago.

The front door opened to Momo barging out to greet both of them in. Momo gave Mina a warm hug and twirled her around. “YOU’RE BACK! YOU’RE SAFE!” Momo squealed, it made Jeongyeon laugh. “The mansion was so empty without you. I had to annoy Jeongyeon.” she linked arms with Mina.

Mina chuckled, “I hope not too much Mo, I missed you too and thank you.” Mina blushed, she forgot her worries and focused on the woman and man whom she missed dearly.

Jeongyeon smiled and stared at the two women, “come on you two. Let’s go inside, I'm beaten.” Jeongyeon pushed the two woman to walk inside.

Momo noticed Mina has been quiet since she got here, she’s not as excited to be home or being near Jeongyeon. She would sometimes stare off like she had a lot on her mind. Indeed, she did, she still couldn’t shake off the feeling of losing her brother again.

Jeongyeon has been very pushy with Mina, Momo could see he means well, but it seems Mina was a bit overwhelmed. Momo had to interfere with this, she tapped Jeongyeon on the shoulder and murmured to him to leave them alone.

“I’m going to take a warm shower. I’ll be right back love.” he leaned in and kissed Mina’s forehead before leaving her in Momo’s hands.

 

Momo smiled to Jeongyeon telling him not worry and she’ll take care of his girl. He trusts Momo.

“Minari?” Momo sat beside Mina and held her hand, “you know I love you right? You can tell me anything. Don’t mind Jeongyeon … he doesn't really understand when we girls need a little space.”

Mina chuckled a little, but that didn’t last long. She sighed, “it’s all right Mo … I’m sorry- I’m not very … in a celebratory spirit … I do miss being here … it’s just-” Momo held Mina’s hand a little tighter, showing her support, “my brother … Niko-” Momo wanted to react but she shouldn’t. She lost the boy in Japan, now he’s here. “He’s not who I thought he was, but I still want him to be a part of my life and I want to be in his! … but if I do I can’t be in Jeongyeon’s … I couldn’t choose between the two!” Mina started bawling, her heart and head hurt.

“Mina …” Momo’s voice so soft and tender, unlike how she used to be. “There are things in life we can’t always have … Niko has chosen a life with Haytham. I don’t know why, but he has. He’s safe with Haytham I presume. And you’re meant to be by Jeongyeon’s side … I can’t describe why, but I can see the shine in your eyes when you’re with him. Am I right? You’re safe here, with him and ME. I can’t imagine a life without you, Mina, you are a sister I never knew I wanted.”

Mina took a deep breath, Momo’s words hit hard with her and she needed to say this, “Momo … I need to tell you something.”

Momo turned to her with her puppy eyes and sat straighter, listening intently.

“I … might be … pregnant.”

Momo’s eyes almost bulged out of her eye socket, she was about to scream her lung when Mina’s hand shot out to cover .

“SHUUUSH! I CAN’T LET JEONGYEON KNOW!” Mina stared into Momo’s eyes, “when I let go, you have to promise me not to scream all right?!” Momo nods her head. “Good.”

“You need to tell him Myoui! He has the right to know! … it’s his right?” Mina smacked Momo hard on the shoulder. “ Myoui. You do pack a punch. Damn.”

“I not 100% sure yet! I couldn’t get tested while I was there so I need you to get me some.”

Momo bounced in happiness and sang, “I’m going to be an aunt~ I’m going to be an aunt~”

Mina was shocked by how much happiness Momo was showing, she thought the latter would be jealous or lash out for her bearing Jeongyeon’s child. But the smile on her face and the laughter resonated from her showed Mina how much sincerity Momo has for their relationship and how much Jeongyeon meant to Momo. Mina can’t help but smile at Momo’s antics.

“What are you doing Mo?”

Both of them didn’t notice Jeongyeon sneaking in after his shower.

“I’m just happy Mina’s back~ so I don’t have to deal with you being ually frustrated.” Momo teased making Mina blush and Jeongyeon freeze, “you get ing moody when you do. ALL RIGHT! I’m gonna leave you two alone~”

“Why? You can stay Mo.” Mina asked.

“Need to take care of my injured boys” she winked at Jeongyeon. “See you tomorrow.”

Now it’s just Mina and Jeongyeon left, Mina smiled at the man she loves. Jeongyeon walked over and sat next to his love. “I missed you so much.” he kissed her hand.

“Me too.” she caressed his wet hair, “you lost so much weight.”

“Most of the time I didn’t have any appetite … I couldn’t function without you Mina.” he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, “you’re my everything. Don’t leave me ever again Myoui Mina.”

Mina got teary, “Niko-”

“Niko has made his choice. But for you … I’ll do anything and everything I can to bring him to you.”

“He won’t come.” Mina’s head hung low, “he doesn’t like you Jeongyeon. And I couldn’t choose between the two of you.”

“You downplayed his feelings towards me very well Mina, I know he hates me. By the way, he looked into my eyes the first time I met him after he stole you away from me.” Jeongyeon kneeled in front of her. “I understand Mina. He’s family and you’d do anything for him, just like what I would do anything for you. Mina, I would never hurt him, as much as I want to … I won’t. For you.”

Mina felt the love in Jeongyeon’s word, how much she loved this man she could never express. “By the way,” she caressed his cheeks, “Niko found the file you were looking for in Japan. He found out. But I still remembered the name. Jung Jooho. I remember his face too.”

Jeongyeon laughed, he knew something was up when Momo lost the boy in Japan. He couldn’t just run away without a cause because if his goal was to ruin him, he could’ve done it with his uncle. “I know of him already.”

“EH?!”

“I went to the Philippines to find the person who would help me with it. The thing is Mina I couldn’t always rely on one person solely for my purpose. If I did, I wouldn’t make any progress.”

“So my sleuth skills were for naught?” Mina pouted.

Jeongyeon finally got to kiss those lips he missed for so long. “No they were not, I’m proud of you and everything you do for me is never for naught. It just showed me how much I mean to you.”

“Kiss me again?” Mina said.

Jeongyeon smiled and kissed her many times more.

 

 

 

 

Morning

Jeongyeon got ready for the day, Mina still asleep on their bed, he smiled seeing her morning sleeping face.

“I won’t be late my love,” he whispered to her before making his way out the bedroom. He saw Momo outside the corridor, “Morning Mo, she’s sleeping right now-”

“Jeez, you wore her out that much last night?” Momo nudged him but he glared at her, “sorry.”.

“Anyway! Let’s go we’ve got a few things to take care of back in the office, a few meetings-”

Momo stopped him, “Uh no.” Momo corrected him, “YOU have a few things to do at the office.” Jeongyeon raised an eyebrow at her, “I am staying here. You won’t let me get some action on the field because of my injuries, I am sure in hell ain’t doing office work cause you want me to rest. I’ll just stay here and catch up on girl talk with Mina.”

Jeongyeon hummed, “fine. I won’t be late.”

“Work hard Jeongie~”

 

 

 

Momo rushed into the bedroom as soon as Jeongyeon drove out the driveway, Mina stirred in her sleep, rubbing Jeongyeon’s side of the bed. She felt a warm body and moved closer, she leaned her head on his chest, but what she found was a pair of s. “Didn’t know you swing that way Minarin~”

Mina jumped back in shock, that’s one way to wake up. She saw Momo laying on her side and grinning. “Mo- MOMO! Don’t do that!”

“You’re adorable when you sleep~ I couldn’t resist!” Mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter