(vi) Fire

Girl meets evil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Don't forget to give the fic an upvote please ^_^ 

Somewhere in Seoul

“You are useless!” a man in his mid-forties yelled until his face was red. He had fair white skin and silver hair. He sits on his leather throne chair. His eyes pierce through his men’s eyes, burning with anger at their incompetence. “And where are they now?”

“Um … Y- Yoo has them,” the man who spoke trembled in fear for what his boss might do next, “b-but they injured Yoo in the process,” he beamed at the achievement, nobody has been able to get Yoo Jeongyeon off guard, so he should be proud.

The old man sighs, he loosened his necktie and sat back, “we need to move fast then, while the beast is recovering. Burn down his kingdom and get.me.the.girl.”

“W- what about our men?!”

“They are casualties I can afford to lose,” his men bowed to him and left to do his deed.

 

Warehouse

“Son of a b-!” Jeongyeon cursed on his office couch as Baekhyun dug his scalpel in his shoulder to open the wound bigger to grab the lodged bullet. Mina winced as she watched Beakhyun dug around the wound, the bullet clanged in the metal basin indicating its out. Mina observed Jeongyeon, he looked calm for someone having a needle going through their skin with only drinking alcohol as their anesthetic. He’s biting down hard on the towel it looked like he might bite a chunk out, his sweat dripped down his forehead to his slender neck and down his well-built chest.

 

Mina watched as a bead of sweat rolled down Jeongyeon’s body, tracing every bit of him in her mind. Mina felt her face go hot and red, but she can’t take her eyes off of him. She felt the urge to wipe those beads of sweat off him with her bare hands. Suddenly her eyes stop short on a shimmering metal around his chest, ‘Dog tags? Why is he wearing them? Was he in the military? Or is it some big macho … accessory I don’t understand?’ Mina questioned as she tried desperately to read the name on the revolving metal.

Momo noticed Mina’s eyes lingered on Jeongyeon’s body. She smirked at the smaller girl, seeing her face in awe at the shirtless Yoo Jeongyeon. Momo leaned back on the wall and crossed her arms, ‘I’ve been there girl … that body feels as glories as it looks,’ Momo can’t help but her lips unconsciously. She needs to tease the shorter girl later for that.

Beakhyun was just about done wrapping Jeongyeon’s wounded shoulder. “You need rest Jeongyeon,” Beakhyun stands cracking his back, “don’t overwork, if you want that wound to heal properly, I suggest you REST.” As his doctor, he knows Jeongyeon doesn’t sleep well nor knows the word relax, so he emphasized his last word clear and loud. He left leaving medicine for Jeongyeon to take.

“I don’t need rest, I’m ok-” Jeongyeon was about to stand but he fell back down from dizziness. Mina’s body instinctively jerked forward, but Momo was a lot faster. The latter helped him lay back down.

“You may roar as big as a lion but you’re merely a pup” Momo joked while adjusting the pillow behind him.

“Ha ha so funny,” he rolled his eyes and made contact with Mina. He completely forgot she was the one helped him to his office. Neither party wanted to look away, they were in their own little world. Secretly talking to each other.

Momo noticed the awkward air in the room, she cleared , bringing both of them back to reality. “I’m going to check on those men,” Momo kissed Jeongyeon’s head making Jeongyeon groan in protest. Even if it seemed like she’s teasing Mina, Momo does care for him and hates seeing him hurt. “I’ll be back,” she turns to look at Mina, “can I trust you not to take advantage of this whiny baby Mina?” Momo slyly smiled at Mina.

“EH? I- I …” Mina was shocked, she can’t help but feel flustered.

What the blonde meant was innocent enough, Jeongyeon is in no position to defend himself, but she can’t help but take a jab at the smaller Japanese. “Mina~ why are you so flustered? What I meant was you better not hurt my Jeongie when he’s sleeping helpless on the couch … what were you thinking about?” Momo smirked, she knew she would get that reaction from the smaller girl. “She’s adorable Jeongie~.” Jeongyeon kept his forearm on his eyes, trying to subdue the pain he’s feeling right now, he doesn’t feel like entertaining Momo’s teasing. He slapped her to tell to stop and get going with her job. 

Momo walked towards the door Mina stood next to, as she passes the girl, she whispered, “please refrain from inappropriately touching the masterpiece Minarin~.” Momo leaves the blushing mess that is Myoui Mina with Yoo Jeongyeon.

As the door closes, silence filled the room. Neither Mina nor Jeongyeon knew what to say to each other. Outside Jeongyeon can hear shouting and shuffling of men in the snow. Jeongyeon’s men were scouting the area of the warehouse for further threats and devising a much-guarded defense. Suddenly, Jeongyeon remembered the position the two were in before the attack, Mina was straddling him. He couldn’t stop thinking about seeing Mina’s body on top of him or the feel of her strong legs trapping his torso. His face turned red, trying hard to push away the dirty thoughts but he failed miserably.

Mina seemed to notice Jeongyeon’s distress. “Hey … a- are you o- okay?” Mina asked while approaching him. Mina thought the pain in his shoulder is causing him to keep grunting and turning around on the couch.

“I- from him. I’m fine,” Jeongyeon cursed himself for stuttering in front of her. Mina stops short.

Mina feels awkward, she doesn’t know whether to sit on the couch near him or on the floor. This isn’t her normal space, so she just stands there looking a little out of place. “Do- do you have any idea who would do this?” Mina fidgets with the end of her shirt.

“Unfortunately in my line of work, I have many enemies … a lot of people think I’ll be better off dead than alive. So I can’t give you an answer to that,” Jeongyeon turns to glance at Mina, who’s standing in the middle of the room, not sure where to look or where to stand. ‘She looks like a lost penguin … cute,’ Jeongyeon thought but then realized what he just said to himself, “you can sit over there if you want,” Jeongyeon points towards the one-seat leather chair next to where he laid. She thanked him and sat. “But I’m glad you’re safe or Niko would’ve broken off the end of his deal and ruin my plans.”

Mina felt hurt by his words,’ yeah … the deal, I’m only a hostage … nothing else, what was I thinking anyway?’ Mina thought, sadden by her own fantasy of maybe Jeongyeon sees her as more than a mere insurance.

 

Jeongyeon hoped his lie was convincing enough.

 

Suddenly a shot of pain went through his shoulder, he groaned.

Mina jerked, “oh my gosh … should I call Momo? Baekhyun?” Mina panicked.

Jeongyeon can’t help but smile, no one has ever cared for him, apart from Momo or Youngsik no one was really there for him. “It just stings a bit,” Jeongyeon said while rubbing his shoulder.

Mina stands towards the coffee table, “I- I think Baekhyun left you some medicine for-” Mina was about to look for it when Jeongyeon grabbed her wrist.

“Why are you like this?” Mina tilts her head sideways confused, “why do you act like you care? I’m the reason why you’re here, the reason why you were almost shot,” Jeongyeon was truly baffled.

“I don’t hate you,” what Mina said is true, she learned to never hate anyone in her life, Jeongyeon lips titled up a little hearing this from Mina, “but … I don’t like you either,” his smile faltered. “You’re my only line in keeping my brother alive … and I’m just re-paying you for saving me twice,” Mina grits her teeth, she can’t look at Jeongyeon’s eyes. Is this really what she’s feeling? A lie could go on for only so long.

“Understood.”

Momo suddenly opens the door, her muscles prominent after beating the living out of the men Jeongyeon wounded, “Jeongyeon, we need to talk.” Jeongyeon nods, however, Momo glanced at Mina, indicating this conversation should be held in private.

Jeongyeon huffs, he tried to sit up to put his shirt back on, but he’s having trouble. Mina was closer to him, she didn’t get to take one step towards him before Momo slightly pushed her aside to help Jeongyeon. Mina was a little shocked by the blonde, she couldn’t believe the blonde thinks Mina is incompetent in helping Jeongyeon at anything. She glared at the back of Momo’s head.

Jeongyeon thanked Momo before he walked to open the door, “DONGHAE,” Donghae rushed into the office after hearing Jeongyeon’s call, “bring Mina back to her room.” Donghae nods.

He guides Mina out of the office, Mina glanced one last time at Jeongyeon before walking out the door. His cold eyes shield his true demeanor towards the black-haired Japanese.

As soon as both of them are out of the room, he turns and locks the door, “do you know who sent them?”

“No, they were pretty adamant in keeping that information to themselves,” Momo said, she knew she failed him in that, but she can’t help it. No matter how much she beat them or tortured them, whoever trained them was a lot scarier to them than her.

“Then please tell me Momo-,” Jeongyeon was getting frustrated, he felt his blood rising, whoever sent them was able to get the upper hand on him or worst, they could’ve hurt Mina, “why are we having this conversation if you have nothing to tell me?!”

Momo knows Jeongyeon was stressed, he never liked being second best, now with a wound reminding him he is, it's driving him crazy. Nobody outplays Yoo Jeongyeon. “They didn't tell me who but they told me, you weren't the intended target,” Momo waits for him to focus.

“What?”

“All they said was you were a threat that needs to be put down before they could get to their black swan.’

“Black sw-,” Jeongyeon felt a light bulb light up, “... Mina,” Jeongyeon remembered reading Mina’s files she used to do ballet for 11 years and the black swan was a ballet play he heard a few years ago.

“Bingo daddy-o,” Momo sigh, “before you ask why, I don’t know, again, they won’t tell me. They’ve bitten their tongue … literary,” Momo can’t fathom as to who is behind this attack, to the point these men so dedicated to keeping their mouth shut by biting their tongue until they can’t speak.

Jeongyeon shoved the things off his desk in frustration. Momo watched as he lets his anger out, there’s no point in stopping him when he’s like this nobody can. It feels like ever since Mina came into his life, things are getting in the way of his purpose in life. After finally breaking almost everything in his office, Jeongyeon calms down. He walks out of his office to his car, Momo followed.

Mina, still walking towards her room with Donghae after grabbing some tea from the kitchen, looked back towards the sound of a door banging open, she sees Jeongyeon walking away with Momo rushing towards him. Jeongyeon eyes looked determined by something, Mina’s heart trembled in worry.

“We need to move her out of here, this warehouse isn’t safe anymore.”

“Hmm … just her? Not the piles of weapons, cars, or bank accounts on our server?” Momo plays with him.

Jeongyeon doesn’t turn towards Momo, if he did, she might see something through his facade. “What are you insinuating Momo?” he looks up towards the warehouse, more specifically, Mina’s window.

Momo knows what he’s looking at, no one knows Jeongyeon better than her, he’s predictable, but only to her, “oh … nothing, just never seen you worried over some girl, except me of course, that’s all.”

“Worried? You must be crazy,” Jeongyeon gripped his car a little too tight, “if I don’t have her, then what’s the point of Niko listening to me? If he didn’t, then I need to start from the bottom.”

‘Keep telli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter