Chapter One

My Unforeseen Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How’s he doing?”

“Not… Well. He hasn’t moved. He’s heartbroken. He’s been sitting by the fireplace in his chair this whole time.”

“What exactly happened? We heard about the car accident and everything… But--”

“Jinwoo… He was taking Yugyeom on a date for their 3rd year anniversary… They were hit by a semi. And Jinwoo…”

“Is gone..”

“Yeah. And my brother was blinded.”

“He was blinded?!” I frowned at that new voice. I didn’t recognize that voice. Only seconds ago the doorbell rang and Himchan left my side to answer it. I knew he was talking to my best friend, Bambam. But I didn’t know that other guy. I mean he sounded a little familiar, but I couldn’t pinpoint where I heard his voice before. It was warm and low, almost husky.

“Yeah,” my brother’s voice responded. “He says he saw the bright lights from the semi truck and the next thing he knew he was seeing white.”

“I also saw a camera flash,” I said, closing my eyes that were welling up with tears. I didn’t want to talk about this. I hated talking about this. I didn’t want to be constantly reminded that Jinwoo was gone. I didn’t want to talk about the car accident that made me lose everything.

“Hey,” I heard Bambam say, from somewhere near the door. I then heard hurried footsteps coming my way. “Gyeommie.”

He was right in front of me. Maybe kneeling in front of me, but I didn’t know. He grabbed a hold onto my hands, his hands cold and small. Bambam always had the smallest hands and we always loved to about it. They were soft, too. I tried to study the feel of his hands so I knew who it was if he were to touch me later. This was my life now. I had to describe and identify things by feel and smell and sound. I couldn’t go off sight anymore, and this honestly was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do in my life. It was like learning a new language that I was stuck with for the rest of my life.

“Hey,” Bambam said again, causing me to sigh deeply. I could imagine his worried eyes staring at me.

“Bam,” I whispered, causing him to reach over and pull me into a tight hug. I hugged him back, burying my face in the cloth of his shirt that was resting on his shoulder. I started crying into his shoulder, at a complete loss of words of what to really say. I was hurting. I was missing Jinwoo. And I just didn’t know what to do anymore. It’s only been three days and I know I had a lot of healing to do.

“Hey, I’m here for you,” Bambam whispered, tightening the hug as he held onto me, letting me cry. His voice was soft, but I could also hear his Thai accent in his voice. Bambam is originally from Thailand. He moved to Korea when we were in highschool. He was in every single one of my classes, so the two of us became close. He was the one that pushed me to ask out Jinwoo years ago.

“I miss him so much,” I whispered. “I couldn’t save him. I was right there with him and I couldn’t save him.”

“Yugyeom, this isn’t your fault,” Bambam said, softly.

“We shouldn’t have gone out last night,” I said. “Or I shouldn’t have let him drive. Or we should have left later or--”

“There was no knowing this was going to happen,” Bambam said, pulling back. I could see a dark outline in front of me, so I figured he was trying to look into my eyes. My eyes that can’t look back. I felt his fingers on my cheeks as he wiped away my tears. “There’s nothing you could have done differently. I wish I could give you a different answer, Gyeom. We all wish that this didn’t happen. But just know that this is not your fault. You couldn’t have prevented this.”

“Hey.” It was that voice again. Now that it was closer it sounded even more familiar. It had a velvety sound to it. But I couldn’t put my finger to it.

“Who are you anyway?” I heard Himchan ask. So it’s someone Himchan has never met. I tried turning my head to the direction the voice was coming from, but god this was so hard.

“My name is Jeon Jungkook,” the unknown voice said, causing my eyes to widen. I knew that name. “I--”

“Mine and Jinwoo’s best friend,” I whispered. “From Busan.”

“Yes,” the boy said. I could sense him dropping down next to me. “I’m so sorry I didn’t make it before. I wanted more than anything to meet you and Jinwoo in per

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter