Prologue

My Unforeseen Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was late in the evening, probably around seven thirty or even eight at night. I didn’t care about the time, however, as I dug through my closet for the perfect outfit. It was my third year anniversary with my boyfriend and he had something special planned. He wasn’t telling me anything, but I didn’t care. I was excited that I could at least see him. That’s what really mattered to me.

I picked up a red and black checkered sweater with a white collar. I debated wearing it, but I couldn’t bring myself to do so. My boyfriend gave it to me for Christmas last year. And sure this date was important since it was our third year anniversary, but I wanted to save it for a very special occasion. It was only mid June. I was going to wait till the day Jinwoo and I actually met to wear this sweater. Cause that was the day I wanted to propose to him. September 4th, 2007, my first day of 5th grade. His first day of 6th grade. We went to the same school and instantly became best friends. It was my first day going to school in my home country. I was born and raised in the US, but my parents wanted to move back to Korea. And going into this country, I had no friends. But Jinwoo was there for me.

Because that day was so important to the both of us, I wanted to make sure that day was perfect. I sighed and set the sweater down, glancing through the closet again. I figured wearing a sweater wasn’t a good idea anyway, considering it was scorching hot outside and Jinwoo hadn’t told me where we were going. I didn’t even know if it was appropriate to dress fancy. But knowing Jinwoo, he was never about class. If he had to wear a suit, he would throw a fit. Even at prom all he wore was a pair of khakis and a sweater vest. So dressing fancy was out of the picture.

I pulled out a black tshirt as well as a black and grey checkered sweater. This would at least be lighter than the red sweater. I smiled softly and changed into the outfit I picked out. I then glanced in the mirror, fixing my hair and putting on my necklace Jinwoo had gifted me with. I stared at my bright orange hair, chuckling lightly. Jinwoo and I had gone to a hair salon earlier that week to get our hair done. He wanted something that would stand out. He went for this turquoise color, while convincing me to do orange. I never regretted that decision, either. Jinwoo honestly brought out the best in me.

With a deep sigh, I placed my phone in my back pocket just as the doorbell rang. I frowned slightly, wondering if that was him. If it was, why was he here so early. I glanced at the alarm clock, noticing it was only 8. He had an hour before he was supposed to arrive. Maybe it was my brother’s friend, or Yongguk’s friend. Yongguk was my brother in law. He moved in with my older brother, Himchan, a few years ago before they even got married. While I was still in highschool. Himchan and I have been living together since Himchan turned eighteen and my parents decided to go back to the states. They were tired of Korea and wanted to go back to their small mountain cabin in the middle of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado. I didn’t blame them, but I also refused to leave here. So they allowed me to move in with my brother. I’ve never found any excuse to actually leave my brother’s house. He and Yongguk didn’t mind, either.

“Kim Yugyeom!” Himchan shouted up the stairs, causing me to jump a little. Loud noises always startled me for no reason at all. “Your boyfriend is here!”

“Of course he is,” I said with a small chuckle, patting my pants pockets to make sure my wallet was there. I then left my room, turning off the light and walking down the stairs. I glanced over at the door, spotting him instantly.

He was wearing his favorite pink, short sleeved flannel, over a white tshirt and black basketball shorts. I let out a small laugh, shaking my head. He was never one for actually matching. He had the worst sense of style, but I found it absolutely beautiful. He was unique and that’s what I loved most about him. Even if he looked like he was about to go to the gym. The shirt didn’t really look that great with his new hair color, but I wasn’t complaining.

“You’re here early,” I said with a grin, walking over to him and wrapping my arms around his short form to pull him into a hug. He was four inches shorter than me, but the height difference was perfect for the both of us.

“Of course I am,” he said, hugging me back. “You know how impatient I am. I wanted to see you.”

“You’re lucky I’m already ready,” I said with a laugh, pulling back and pecking him on the lips. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter