Chapter Four

My Unforeseen Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sat in my living room later that night with Himchan and Jungkook. The puppy was in my lap, trying to bite my arm. Everyone told me he was a chocolate lab puppy, about 6 months old. And it honestly made me happier than I have been in a while, having the puppy there. It really was like having a part of Jinwoo there.

“Did you decide on a name for him?” Jungkook asked me, causing me to turn my head in his direction. I thought for a few moments about his question until I came to a decision.

“Jinwoo,” I said, smiling in content when I felt the dog my cheek. “His name is Jinwoo. So that he can live on in our child.”

“That’s really sweet,” Jungkook responded, his voice huskier than usual. I nodded my head, moving my hands down the puppy’s back. I felt Jungkook’s hand next to mine, also petting the puppy. However, we had to stop petting him when the doorbell suddenly rung. I removed my hands as the dog went bounding away, barking.

“I wonder who that is,” Himchan said, as I heard his feet bounding after the puppy.

“Do you guys usually get this much company?” Jungkook asked, causing me to shake my head. “It’s probably cause of… What happened.”

“Yeah,” I said, listening for the door. I heard Himchan open the door and yelling at the dog to calm down.

“Mom, Dad,” Himchan said, causing my ears to perk up. I didn’t realize they were coming.

“Son,” I heard my mom’s soft, warming voice say. I patted Jungkook’s leg to have him help me up. Jungkook seemed to understand as I felt him move, probably to stand up. He then grabbed onto both my hands, helping me get up as well.

“My cane,” I said, with my hand out. I felt Jungkook put the pole in my hand while holding onto my other hand. The two of us walked towards the voices of my family, me using the pole in front of me to make sure I didn’t run into anything.

“Yugyeom,” I heard my mom say as she noticed me. Within seconds I was in her arms. “Oh my god, my poor child. Are you okay? I’m sorry we couldn’t come sooner.”

“I’m… Coping, Ma,” I said as she hugged me tightly. “It’s really hard, but I’m trying to get through it. Trying to learn how to get through a day without him. To learn how to get around without being able to see. It’s hard.”

“I can imagine, my baby,” my mom said, pulling back and kissing my forehead. “I’m just happy you’re still here.”

“I’m glad your brother’s taking really good care of you,” my father’s low, but gruff, voice said as I heard footsteps coming towards me.

“Jungkook’s been the one taking care of him,” Himchan told him. “He hasn’t left his side.”

“Jungkook?” my mom asked. “Who--?”

“His and Jinwoo’s best friend,” my father told her as his large hand landed on my shoulder. “Yugyeom talked alot about him.”

“Oh, you’re the boy from Busan,” my mother replied. She was now directing her attention towards Jungkook. “Thank you so much for everything you do for my son. It means alot.”

“When did you guys get a dog?” my dad asked as soon as Jinwoo started barking again. Probably for attention.

“Apparently Jinwoo adopted him for me and him,” I said, reaching my hand out in hopes that the puppy would come to me. The  feel of his fur rubbing against my hand proved that he did. “Jinwoo’s parents dropped him off earlier today.”

“Yeah, I came home from work to a random dog barking at me,” Himchan said with a small chuckle. “But he’s Yugyeom’s.”

“Did you pick out a name for him?” my mom asked. I slowly nodded my head. “What is it?”

“I named him Jinwoo,” I said, biting my lip. “Because of… Jinwoo.”

“That’s so sweet,” my mother said. I turned away as I felt tears well up again. I’ve been doing okay, but times like this made me want to cry again. “So… You’ve been taking therapy for your eyesight?”

“Yeah,” I said, glad that she was changing the subject.

“Let’s go sit down,” Jungkook suggested, taking a hold of my arm again. He helped me turn around and make my way back over to the living room. He then had me sit down on the couch, while taking a seat next to me.

“Did you know you could train your dog

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter