Chapter Seven

My Unforeseen Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin seemed to be over every day, and Jungkook was always distracted with him. They talked and played games together, while I just sat back and listened to audiobooks or played with Jinwoo. I don’t know how I did it, but I ended up training Jinwoo on my own. Minhyuk helped when he could. We got Jinwoo to learn the name of each direction, so when I told him ‘Right’ or ‘Left’ he would start walking in that direction. He was very smart and knew that he was a guide dog. He still acting as a puppy, as any six month old puppy should. But he also knew when to behave and help me out.

Things were starting to get easier. It’s been over a month since Jinwoo passed, and it was now mid July. From what I heard, Jimin moved to Seoul so that he could audition for different companies. But he kept getting turned down for his age. I always heard Jungkook teasing him about how he should have auditioned long before. Jimin would say hi to me and he was kinda friendly, but I didn’t like him. I didn’t feel comfortable around him. I was upset that Jungkook barely paid attention to me when Jimin was around. And Jungkook was always out with him. I felt almost lonely. And I was feeling more sad that I couldn’t hang out with Jungkook now, on top of the whole moving on thing. And it was still very hard to move on from Park Jinwoo. I loved him and that will never change.

I thought I could depend on Jungkook, and I really wanted to. But I realized I can’t have him here every second of the day. I had to learn how to do all this on my own. I couldn’t turn other people’s lives upside down just because mine was. He had to have the freedom to hang out with his friends. I’m not his only friend, and I had to come to terms with that. I had to do things on my own.

I sighed and got out of bed, picking up my guide cane that I left standing against the wall next to my bedside table. I then started to make my way out of my room, carefully making each step as I went. I could hear Jinwoo following me, which made me smile. He was attached to the hip with me, and it definitely made me happy. At least I had someone to stay by my side. It didn’t matter to me if it was just a dog. Cause to me this puppy was more to me than just a dog. I understood now why people said a man’s best friend was their dog.

I made my way down the stairs, listening to Jimin’s and Jungkook’s laughter from the living room. I just rolled my eyes, feeling a pang in my heart as I listened to them. Without another thought, I turned towards the front door to go outside. I ran my hand along the wall until I found the hook up for Jinwoo’s harness. My brother ended up getting a double sided leash that hooks up to both sides of the harness. This way Jinwoo was right up next to me as we walked, and he didn’t risk tripping me while we walked. It was recommended for a guide dog.

I picked up the leash before sitting myself on the ground. Jinwoo stopped in front of me, allowing me to hook up both ends of the leash. That part became easy for me. It helped that Jinwoo didn’t struggle or get over excited. Minhyuk worked on keeping him still for ten hours one day. Jinwoo finally got the hang of it and knew he would get a treat if he was calm. Once the leash was on, I smiled softly and pushed myself up. I then ran my hand along the doorside table, finding Jinwoo’s jar of treats. I opened up the jar and grabbed a treat, before closing it up again and giving Jinwoo the treat. Jinwoo instantly grabbed it out of my hand, his tongue every inch of my hand. I chuckled and dropped said hand, wiping it on my pants.

“Are you ready to go out?” I asked the puppy, grabbing onto the middle part of the leash. This part was cushioned for my hand, which was nice. Otherwise, if he yanked too hard then I would probably get rope burn trying to hold on.

“Where are you off to?” I heard Jungkook ask from the living room.

“To see Minhyuk,” I responded, reaching out to open the door.

“Do you need me to go with you?” Jungkook asked. He was closer to me now. I slowly shook my head, grabbing onto the doorknob and turning it to open the door. “Are you sure?”

“Just have fun with your friend. Don’t worry about me,” I told him. I could hear the bitterness in my tone as I started to leave the house.

“Yugyeom--” Jungkook started, but I just shook my head. “Hey, what’s wrong?”

“I’ll see you later,” I said, walking away from the house. I knew he would close the door anyway, so I didn’t care to close it.

“Are you going to be okay on your own?” Jungkook called after me, but I just i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter