Chapter Three

My Unforeseen Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey guys,” Bambam’s voice shouted through the house, causing me to look up from the show I was ‘watching’. More like Jungkook got me set up with Netflix on the tv. He put the settings so that I could listen to all the details of the show, whether it was an action or something else. Making it easier so that I could watch something.

It’s been a week since Jinwoo’s funeral. A week and a half since his death. And I was coping. As much as I could, that is. I had therapy earlier in the week to talk about my lost sight. The doctors gave me different tips that would help me get used to my new situation. Jungkook also stayed by my side. He’s been staying at my house, refusing to go back to training. He didn’t want to leave me. And I honestly couldn’t thank him enough. It meant the world to me to have a friend like Jungkook. My other friends visited, especially Bambam, but none of them were as proactive with my situation than Jungkook was. And this was the reason why Jungkook meant so much to me.

“They’re in his room,” I heard Yongguk’s annoyed reply. I couldn’t blame him. He was trying to sleep, as he worked the graveyard shift tonight, and having Bambam there shouting wasn’t really the most ideal thing.

“Thanks hyung!” Bambam cried out. I could hear his feet bounding up the stairs as he came running towards my room. I rolled my eyes, sitting up in my bed.

“What’s Bam doing here?” I asked Jungkook, who was sitting next to me. I honestly wasn’t sure what he was doing, since he’s been quiet the whole time.

“Remember how you were talking about wanting to play again?” Jungkook asked. I nodded my head slowly. “Well I talked to him and he agreed to be your eyes. He and I both know you have the keys on your controller memorized. You just need someone to guide you. We can play two player on an easy game. See if our gaming crew is on. Catch up with everyone. I know… it’s going to be different.. And if you don’t want to..”

“I was more of the gamer than Jinwoo was,” I said with the shake of my head. “Let’s do it. But start off easy.”

“Agreed!” Jungkook cried out. I could hear the smile in his voice. Which made me smile as well.

“Hey guys!” Bambam cried out, causing me to nod my head. “So I just have to narrate what’s going on in the game?”

“Yes,” Jungkook said, getting off the bed. I listened to the sound of his feet as he made his way over to the tv. I heard the tv tell us how the source was changing and how we were going into PlayStation. I then listened to it say that Jungkook clicked on Vamp City. Some game Jungkook’s been obsessed with for a very long time. After that, the tv was silent. Jungkook then walked back over to me, placing something in my hands. I grabbed a hold onto it, feeling the familiar shape of my game controller. He then placed my headset on my ears. “I pulled the mic down for you.”

“Thanks,” I said, listening to the familiar sounds of the game.

“I messaged the crew. There’s a few people logging in right now,” Jungkook told me. I nodded my head, moving the arrow on my remote around until I heard the game say the name of my favorite character. I selected it and waited for Jungkook to choose his. Once he did, I waited like I always have in the game’s waiting room for our crew to join in. “Who’s online?”

“The whole crew,” the familiar voice of our friend, Mingyu, said. “Except Yugyeom and Jinwoo. They’ve been off the grid for a while. You have too, JK.”

“Ah,” Jungkook said, the worry back in his voice. I knew he was looking at me now. “No… they went off the grid cause…”

“Jinwoo passed away in an accident,” I said, trying not to let tears well up in my eyes. I tried to avoid this subject at all costs.

“Oh crap,” the quiet voice of our friend, Jaehyun, said. “Dude. We didn’t know.”

“It’s okay,” I tried to convince them. “Jungkook’s been here for me. I’m… still grieving. But he would want me to live life you know?”

“And you’re not alone,” Bambam said from next to me. “Man I want to listen too.”

“Oh? You don’t want to be left out, Bam?” Jungkook asked. I could hear the teasing tone in his voice.

“Of course I don’t, !” Bambam cried out, causing me to chuckle.

“Gyeom, do you have a headphone jack splitter so the whiny kid here can listen in?” Jungkook asked, causing me to turn my head towards his direction.

“There… Should be one by the tv,” I told him. I layed back on my bed, closing my eyes and trying to imagine Jungkook looking around my room for the splitter. I tried to imagine what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter