Chapter Eight

My Unforeseen Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yugyeom!” I heard the familiar voice of Jinwoo’s best friend say as I made my way off the bus. I was instantly pulled into a hug, almost causing me to freak out. I had no idea who was hugging me. It wasn’t Minhyuk. I knew Minhyuk’s embrace. “I’m so glad you’re okay!”

“Myungjun,” I said once I realized it was him hugging me. “Please do not hug me before saying something.”

“Yeah, Yugyeom hyung is very jumpy now,” Minhyuk said. “Careful, cause he might beat you with his blind stick guider thingy.”

“You can just call it a cane,” I said as Myungjun let me go. “And I don’t have it with me, so I’m not really gonna beat him up with it.”

“How are you doing?” Myungjun asked me as he grabbed onto my arm. “I’m sorry I haven’t called you since… He died… I..”

“We all have been hurting,” I said with a sad smile. “I don’t blame you, hyung. I would have called you myself… But I’ve been trying to cope with my new lifestyle and all. And… Training a dog when you can’t see is not easy.”

“So this is the puppy he adopted?” Myungjun asked, stopping and letting go of me. He was probably kneeling in front of Jinwoo now. “Jinjin told me all about him. About how he was going to introduce him to you after he proposed. About how he wanted to choose a name with you…”

I turned away from him with a deep sigh. I was getting better with discussing Jinwoo, but it still hurt. Myungjun seemed to have taken the hint and stopped talking. Everything was silent between all of us. I listened to the sounds of cars driving by and people talking. This was probably the busiest area I’ve been in since losing my eyesight, so all the sounds were getting a little overwhelming.

“Is there a car somewhere we can get into?” I asked, holding tightly onto Jinwoo’s leash. ‘It’s getting a little noisy out here.”

“Actually we walked here,” Minhyuk said, quietly. I sighed and nodded my head. Just as I did so, my phone went off. It was Jungkook’s ringtone. I ignored it and pulled my dog closer to myself. “Isn’t that Jungkook calling? You’re not going to answer?”

“Someone lead the way for me,” I said, ignoring his question. I heard the sigh that escaped Minhyuk’s lips as he placed his hand on my back. We all started walking, slowly mind you, as I had no idea where I was going.

“Hyung, please talk to me about this,” Minhyuk begged. “Please don’t shut me out. There’s something going on here. I’ve never seen you act like this towards Jungkook. You guys are inseparable. Please tell me what’s going on. I don’t like seeing you like this, hyung. You’ve been through enough.”

“I don’t know,” I said, closing my eyes tight and thinking it over. “I just… I’m upset that he doesn’t spend much time with me anymore. And his friend never talks to me. I know I can’t have his life revolve around mine… But I’m sad that he’s not talking to me. And I just really don’t like his friend. I mean he seems like a nice guy, but I just don’t like him.”

“It sounds like you’re jealous,” a voice I didn’t recognize said. My eyes shot open and I turned my head in the direction of his voice. “I think you’re jealous of Jungkook.”

“No, no I’m not,” I said, shaking my head. I refused to agree to his statement. “I can’t be jealous. I.. Jinwoo--”

“My brother isn’t going to want you to stay stuck on him for the rest of your life,” Minhyuk cut in. “He’s going to want you to be happy. If you’re jealous of Jungkook. If you so much as like him, then that’s fine. You need to move on, hyung. You will ALWAYS love Jinwoo. You will ALWAYS miss him. We all know that. It’s okay to like someone else. I would never hate you, and I’m his brother. Myungjun hyung, his best friend, would never hate you either. You’re hurting. And Jungkook is the only one who can truly help you. Heal you.”

“I… I never said I liked Jungkook,” I said, my voice lowering. I stopped to think about what I just said. I sounded unsure even to myself.

“You don’t have to say it, hyung,” Minhyuk said, softly. “I know you. I know him. I know how the two of you are together.”

“But… that would just betray Jinwoo..” I said, shaking my head. “I could never do that to him.”

“You wouldn’t be betraying him,” Minhyuk told me. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter