Chapter Ten

My Unforeseen Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Things were awkward between me and Jungkook for the next few weeks. Most of the time I was in the hospital because of my broken ankle. The doctors did confirm it was broken. I was currently in the hospital again to have surgery on my ankle. I had to stay overnight to make sure everything was good for my surgery in the morning. They allowed Jinwoo to stay in the hospital with me for emotional support. After falling down the stairs, my doctors decided to help me sign up the dog as an official service dog, and not just training. We realized that I couldn’t be without him after I freaked out.

Jungkook and I never discussed the kiss, which made me ten times more confused. I was starting to come to terms that I may actually like him. However, I felt like I wasn’t ready to get involved with anyone else. Even though my pain was slowly going away, it was still there. I felt like I was betraying Jinwoo if I chose someone else. I knew I wasn’t, but my heart ached anyway. I really didn’t know what to think at this point.

“Mr. Kim, are you feeling alright?” The soft voice of my doctor asked. I nodded my head, pulling my puppy closer to myself. “Is there anything you need?”

“Does he have water? And food?” I asked, my nose resting in the puppy’s fur.

“Your red haired friend fed him,” the doctor said, causing me to frown. I didn’t know anyone with red hair. “He didn’t say his name. He’s here all the time. I think he was there when the ambulance picked you up. If my notes are correct, he’s the one that wrapped up your foot.”

“Kookie,” I whispered, a small smile appearing on my lips as I hugged Jinwoo closer to myself. I was happy that Jungkook was taking care of my dog for me. I didn’t even know he dyed his hair. He told me his hair was black not to long ago. “Is he still here?”

“I think he’s out in the waiting room. He wanted to let you sleep,” the doctor responded, causing me to frown. “Do you want him to come in?”

I just nodded my head, not sure of what to say. I wanted him to be next to me, but at the same time I just wanted to shove my feelings of him away. As far away as possible. But everytime he was around me, those feelings would plummet. I was having a constant battle in my heart, and it scared me. But I knew I couldn’t keep him away.

After a few moments, I heard footsteps coming into the room. I could hear Jungkook’s light steps next to the doctor’s heavy steps. I didn’t say anything, burying my face fully into my puppy’s back. The room went completely silent after that. I really didn’t know what I actually wanted to say to Jungkook. My heart honestly felt heavy.

“Hey,” Jungkook said into the silence. I bit my lip and lifted my head, running my hands down the dog’s back.

“Hey,” I replied, my voice quiet. He and I haven’t really talked since he kissed me 3 weeks ago. We just said the awkward hellos and he sat next to me silently. When I was home the last two weeks before I had to come back in for the surgery, he only spoke to me when he had to help me around the house or help me get food. I don’t know why he was so awkward. Maybe he regretted kissing me. Despite it just being a small peck on the lips. I didn’t talk to him because he didn’t talk to me.

“How are you feeling?” he asked me. I chewed my lip and pulled away from Jinwoo.

“They have me on meds,” I responded. “I don’t really feel any pain right now.”

“I see,” he said, before falling into an awkward silence again. I closed my eyes, letting out a deep sigh. I was starting to get really annoyed by the silence, even though I know I played a big part in it. I missed talking to him. And if that meant going against what my mind was telling me, then so be it. If I had to figure out the relationship I had with Jungkook. If I had to start to move on from Jinwoo, then I guess that’s life. I didn’t want to, but I knew in my heart I had to.

“Jungkook,” I finally said, my voice stronger than I thought it would be. “What’s going on here? Between me and you?”

“I think it’s inappropriate on my end to say,” Jungkook said, causing me to frown.

“Why?” I asked, wishing I could see the look on his face. I wished I could see his face period. “Why is it inappropriate to say?”

“I… I can’t Yugyeom,” Jungkook sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter