Chapter 6

These Strange Feelings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi's POV

The school was really quiet at night, apart from the few clubs that were still holding activities, most of the students had gone home. I opened the door to the library to find a young woman at the counter. She must be the librarian. 

I scanned the library. It was very empty at this hour. I was glad because I could focus on completing my homework now. The corner seats beside the window was always my favourite place to be. It provided me a great view and also cleared my mind if I get bored or distracted. 

My homework was set in front of me and I started working on it. As a person who had no social interactions at the previous schools, I had plenty of time to actually study. I would say, I grasped concepts very quickly and the homework in front of me were actually things that I had already done before by myself. Well, except for a few. I'll need help with that. 

The sun was setting so quickly and before I knew it, the sky was almost dark. I looked at the time and it was now 7.30pm. Keeping the papers neatly away, I got up to my feet. At this time, I glanced out the window to see that the student council room's light is still on.

"They must be really busy." I thought to myself as I looked at my watch again. 

I left the library, making sure that I didn't leave anything behind. 

"..." The library was on the 4th level and the Student council room was one floor below. As I walked down the stairs, Irene's face flashed through my mind. 

"..." My feet stopped right at the 3rd level and I silently made my way towards the student council room. 

I could hear mumbling as I was standing right outside the room. It seems like they would take awhile to clear the documents on the table. The atmostphere inside must be really serious because I could barely hear anyone conversing. 

The sky was getting darker by the minute and I thought of how Irene had to walk alone at night throughout the year in this school. 

"I guess I could wait for her..." I thought to myself. "We are neighbours afterall, right?" 

With a small nod, I convinced myself that the reason was valid and made my way back to the bench near the school gate where I started doodling on my notebook while humming to the music in my ears. It was a different feeling at night. Much more peaceful.

Irene's POV

After parting ways with my friends at the classroom, the three of us headed to the student council room. 

"Let's get to work, shall we?" I heard Moonbyul say.

"We'll get this done by today and rest tomorrow." Irene said, looking at the stack of paper in front of her. "So what do we have on hand this time?" 

"..." Silence quickly filled the room leaving behind only the sound of paper and pen.

"Hey, for the carnival, do you have a date?" Solar asked, breaking the silence. 

"Let me guess, that question was meant for me." Irene stiffled a laugh when she saw Moonbyul's expression.

Clearing , Solar's face was bright red when Moonbyul said: "Of course it's for you. I have a beautiful date that day, right, Yongsun?" Moonbyul gave Solar her famous smile before turning to face me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter