Chapter 2

These Strange Feelings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The journey to the classroom was a short one. As a person of few words, Seulgi had a great time listening to Wendy talk about the school and the various facilities that the school had to offer. She was even kind enough to introduce the curriculums that they had to take. As Wendy talked, Seulgi would make markings on her map to note down the places that she would like to visit when she had time. 

This campus was huge. It wasn't like any other school Seulgi had visited. She wanted to make sure she wouldn't get lost. 

"You're the second person to have so many markings to the map of this school." Wendy said when she saw Seulgi's map covered in scribbles and notes.

"It's become a habit." Seulgi smiled wondering who the first person who made markings to their map like she did.

"We are here. Class 2-A." Wendy gestured towards a simple looking door. 

As Wendy opened the door to the classroom, Seulgi was surprised. 

"This classroom is air-conditioned?!" She raised a brow.

"Yeah. As a matter of fact, all the classrooms in this school is air-conditioned." Wendy laughed, watching Seulgi's reaction.

"Wow... it's so different from the other schools i've been to..." Seulgi wondered where the school got the money from.

"I know, right?" Wendy laughed again. This girl sure is cheerful, Seulgi thought, smiling at her new friend. 

"That's my seat." Wendy pointed to the seat in the middle of the class. 

"Hmm.. is that window seat available?" Seulgi pointed to a corner.

"Yes! There's no one sitting there since everyone tries to avoid the sun." Wendy said and in a low voice, she added, "People prefer to sleep when the morning classes gets too boring." She laughed.

"Sure they do." Seulgi chuckled. 

After bidding farewell, even though they were in the same class, Seulgi moved to her seat by the window. She loved the warm feeling that the sunlight gave when it hits her skin. With contrast to the cooling interior, she had no complains. It felt like a perfect day to write some lyrics. Without wasting time, she took out her notebook and started scribbling her inspiration on it. 

Time flew as students started streaming in, 5 minutes before class started. 

"Hey, Joohyun, Here!" Seulgi heard a familiar voice say. 

She looked up from her notebook and saw Wendy waving enthusiastically. Following her line of sight, she saw a girl with fair skin and long, black, silky hair shyly waved back.

"Pretty..." Seulgi thought to herself.

She smiled at the sight in front of her as Wendy was making all sorts of expression, telling the girl beside her about her day while the girl would giggle softly, sometimes raising a brow in response. The way Wendy comically moved made Seulgi smile even wider as she admired the friendship between the two. As she was about to turn back to her notebook to note down this feeling that she had, she saw Wendy wave at her. 

Seulgi returned the wave with a nod and a slight smile, her eyes slowly curving into a crescent shape. Her sight moved slightly to the girl standing beside Wendy and she gave a small bow when she realized that the pretty girl was looking at her too.

It wasn't before long that class started and Sunny walked in with a stack of paper.

"Well class, the summer has begun and I hope everyone had a good break. Also, don't forget that your homework is due soon." Sunny said and laughed lightly as she scan the class to see the reaction

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter