Chapter 15 (END)

These Strange Feelings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before long, the day before the Carnival arrived.

"So, have you asked her yet?" Solar whispered even though the trio was in the councilor room behind closed doors.

"N- Not yet..." Irene shook her head.

"You gotta ask her today! The carnival is tomorrow, girl!" Moonbyul took a sip of water.

"I know, I know!" Irene sighed thinking that tonight will be a great time to actually confess and ask Seulgi.

"I'll do it tonight." Irene nodded.

"Go get her, Irene." Moonbyul and Solar pat her back, giving her the encouragement she needed.

By the time class ended, Wendy, Yeri and Joy had already got hold of information that Irene was in love with Seulgi. They were all cheering for Irene and Irene was sure they definitely have some secret group or whatnot because they were way too enthusiastic about this. Even more so than her. Nevertheless, she thanked her friends and was grateful that they were there. 

Irene had to go to the Student Council room and Seulgi was at the music studio as usual. Her song was almost completed but there was just some things that were missing and she was cracking her brain for it.

Soon, the time to meet Irene at the gate was near but Seulgi wasn't done with her song. She wasn't satisfied.

"Seulgi!" Irene almsot jogged towards the taller girl who was waiting for her by the gate. 

"Hi, how was the work today?" Seulgi started the conversation with a smile, completely hiding the fact that she was upset that her song wasn't up to her satisfaction.

"It was alright." Irene smiled, gulping hard as she was ready to ask Seulgi out.

"Umm.. actually, I haven't really asked you. But..." Irene's eyes shook nervously as Seulgi was now standing in front of her, curiously looking at her. "Will you.. go to the carnival with me tomorrow?" Irene asked, hanging her head down, fingers twirling in nervousness. 

"I'd love to." Seulgi replied, face b with a smile.

Irene sighed a sigh of relief and before she could answer, Seulgi continued walking.

In Seulgi's heart, a small light sparkled lightly when she heard Irene asking her to go to the Carnival. She was extremely elated. Of course, she knew that her friends will be there with them and she wanted to surprise Irene herself so she gave a short answer to hide her excitement. 

When they were at their doorstep, Irene waved goodbye to Seulgi. 

"I'll see you tomorrow, Seulgi." Irene blushed in happiness, thinking about spending time with Seulgi at the Carnival tomorrow. 

She was proud that she took the first step and she wanted to clearly confess her feelings for Seulgi tomorrow so she didn't say more today. 

"See you tomorrow, Irene." Seulgi smiled.

At Irene and Joy's apartment: 

"Unnie, have you asked her to the Carnival?" Joy walked out of her room and she saw the blush on her sister's face. "I'll say that's a yes and she agreed to go with you." Joy smirked. 

"Was that really obvious?" Irene held her face. 

"It was but... Unnie." Joy said seriously. 

"W-What?" Irene stuttered. 

"Did you... confess your feelings to her?" Joy asked.

"Umm... actually.. I am planning to do that tomorrow." Irene chuckled nervously.

"Gosh, you are so slow, Unnie!" Joy pouted.

"I mean, it's the first time for me and I don't want to ruin things! Everything must be done properly." Irene crossed her arms and it was her to pout this time. 

"Alright, Alright." Joy shook her head. If you need help, I'll be in my room. Joy winked.

Irene laughed and waved her off. She could confess without any help, maybe. 

"Thanks Joy." Irene hugged her sister nervertheless.

She was back in her room after a shower and she decided to be courageous and give Seulgi a call. 

"I was wondering... Can we watch the fireworks tomorrow? Together?" Irene was nervous but smiled when she heard, "Of course, Irene. I'd love to."

Deep in her heart, Irene whispered to herself, "I meant just you and me, Seulgi..."

Meanwhile, In Seulgi's apartment:

Seulgi had been staring at her lyrics for a few moment now and all she could draw was a blank in her head. 

"Seulgi... what is missing. Think!" She closed her eyes as her phone rang.

It was Irene. 

"H-Hello?" Seulgi smiled at her sweet voice and wished she could tell the girl on the other end of the phone that she'd like to hear her voice every single day. But she will leave that for tomorrow. When she confess to Irene.

"Hello, Irene." A smile could be heard through Seulgi's voice.

"I was wondering... Can we watch the fireworks tomorrow? Together?" Seulgi's smile grew wider as she said "Of course, Irene. I'd love to."

"A-Alright! I will see you tomorrow... Seulgi." Irene said her goodbye before she reluctantly hung up the phone. 

When they hung up, Seulgi's attention was back to her lyrics, then, it dawned on her. 

"Ah!" Seulgi clapped her hands together. "Bae Joohyun." She wrote down. The missing part to her lyrics was Bae Jooyhyun herself. Her smile grew wide as she raised the piece of paper up in the air. "This is it." Seulgi smiled. It was complete.

The next day - 4pm

"Wow, there are A LOT of people." seulgi said in awe. 

"See? I told you it'll be crowded!" Wendy almost shouted in excitement. 

Today w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter