Donghyuck - 10

Do You Believe In Fairy Tales?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I thought I told you to go to Mark,” He said in greeting when he opened the door to Jeno and Jaemin - the latter rolling his eyes. 

“He’s doing okay,” Jeno answered, gently pushing Donghyuck aside and entering the house, politely taking his shoes off as Jaemin patted Donghyuck’s head. 

“Now we have to make sure that you’re holding up fine. What are you all up to?” Jaemin asked, peering over Donghyuck and seeing the Disney marathon that they were all currently having - Renjun and Soeun were both curled up into each other while Jisung and Chenle were arguing over which movie to put on. 

“Disney marathon,” He answered, locking the door and going back to sit down and watch whatever movie the youngest couple decided on. “Is he…Is he really okay?” He asked Jeno once the other settled down beside him while Jaemin went over to assist in deciding which movie to put on.

“Who? Mark?” Jeno asked, smiling softly at Donghyuck when he shyly nodded. “He seems to be doing far better than you.”

“Of course he is,” He stated bitterly, hating himself for how weak he always was when it became the season for everyone to make fun of his uality. “Being popular means you have a bigger support system.”

“Hey, you’re pretty popular too, you know,” Jeno reassured him, the other chuckling after. 

“Yeah, for the wrong reasons.” Even Donghyuck couldn’t stop the bitter tone from invading his words nor could he prevent the frown that made itself known on Jeno’s face. 

“Donghyuck-“

“What does he even see in me?” He questioned, honestly wondering what was so great about the boy who was being bullied at SM High. “I can see what everyone else sees in him but I just want to know what he sees in me.”

“I’m afraid I can’t answer that, Hyuck,” Jeno said, guilt seeping into his words before the other was opening his arms in a consolation hug that Donghyuck happily went into. “But I think the more important question is what you’re going to do now.”

“Now? Is now any different from before?” He asked, looking up at the other who bit his lip before sighing.

“The rest of Mark’s friends, Jaemin and myself want to catch whoever is doing this to the both of you,” Jeno informed him and Donghyuck glanced at Jaemin who was currently arguing with Chenle about how Mulan was the best Disney princess as opposed to Belle. “I’m sure the others would be willing to help but what about you?”

 

Catch the person doing everything? 

 

“But…but how?” He asked, going through the list of past events that had occurred - the announcement, the screenshots…there was simply no telling what would be next. 

“Koeun-noona suggested that they might use a picture of an interaction,” Jeno replied, shrugging his shoulders after. “It’s the best we’ve got.”

“I’m still confused…” He mumbled, turning towards Renjun and Soeun who were now giggling and comparing hand sizes. “How did the announcement even happen? There’s only two broadcast rooms and the teachers have access to one. The other one is our own and surely no one in the news team would…would they?”

“I don’t think so, Hyuck,” Jeno whispered, uncertainty swirling around in his orbs - for whatever reason, he was not so sure. “But for now, let’s focus on the movie and then catching this person, yeah?”

“I have a bad feeling about this, Jeno…” He whispered, his eyes flitting from one of his friends to the other - sudden distrust entering his veins for it could have been someone in this room who had hurt Mark Lee. “Like, a really bad feeling.”

“So do I, Hyuck,” Jeno replied, sighing and patting Donghyuck’s hair in comfort. “But we have no choice but to move forward.”

“Guys, what do you want to watch?” Jisung asked, holding up copies of Disney’s Snow White and Cinderella. “Those two just can’t decide on one.”

“Cinderella!” Renjun piped up, bright smile adorning his features and Donghyuck couldn’t help but feel a little sad since that smile used to make his day. However, now, he was sure that an entirely different smile on an entirely different boy would override those memories. 

“You want to watch a poor girl get bullied?” Chenle gasped, shaking his head and drastically looking towa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter