Donghyuck - 9

Do You Believe In Fairy Tales?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THE Mark Lee / Caster Meow

 

Morning!

 

Hey

 

Oh no

 

What’s wrong, Caster Meow?

 

Do I need to beat anyone up?

 

I’m just worried for Mark Lee

 

The bullying seemed pretty bad yesterday

 

Yeah same here

 

Anyway, daily exchange?

 

I know Mark Lee

 

EVERYONE knows Mark Lee

 

No like

 

Personally

 

OH

 

Well what an interesting development

 

Because I know him personally too

 

Really?

 

Yeah!

 

OMG WHAT IF WE KNOW EACH OTHER

 

BUT WE DONT KNOW

 

Well, you’d be very disappointed

 

I don’t think you could ever disappoint me, Caster Meow

 

Anyway, that was NOT my exchange

 

So was that for free?

 

I guess

 

I work for the news team!!

 

OML

 

WHICH ONE

 

Not Jeno

 

Not Jaemin either

 

Wait

 

Are you the Chinese one who isn’t Renjun?

 

Can’t answer that

 

 

 

“Oppa, can I borrow your phone for a quick second to text my mum?” He nodded absentmindedly, too busy being amazed with the cake in front of him to care about his best friend’s girlfriend using his phone. He simply unlocked it and held it out to her, eyes barely leaving the impeccable frosting in front of him with the same ‘Please date me, ’ written neatly on top.

“And this was what you were doing instead of the chem homework?” He asked Jaemin who shrugged and pinched Jisung’s cheek affectionately. “And you were meant to be doing your English homework last night too.”

“It’s priorities,” Jisung insisted, obnoxiously loud laughter filling the cafeteria as they all turned to see Renjun walk in while dragging Chenle who was the source of all the noise. “Where’s Jeno-hyung?”

“Right there,” Jaemin replied, pointing to where Jeno was seated next to Hina and Koeun and beckoning him to come over to which he complied to. 

“You better film this for me, Soeun,” He whispered to the girl next to him who shot him a devilish smile.

“Camera is already on,” She stated, pressing the record button just as Renjun, Chenle and Jeno reached their table. 

“Oh, a cake!” Chenle said excitedly, eyes dimming slightly when he saw what was written on it. “Jisung, you took my advice?”

“Uh yeah…” The youngest started and Donghyuck felt the need to shove the awkward male towards Chenle in hopes that they would kiss. “I’m um…asking him out…like now…”

“I’m glad, Sungie!” Chenle exclaimed, bright smile seeming too forced as he made a show of looking around the room. “Who is it? I’ll call them over.”

“There’s no need, sit down,” Renjun stated flatly, forcing Chenle to sit down next to Jisung and Jaemin patted Jisung’s hair in encouragement. 

“Why is everyone so quiet?” Chenle asked, finally having noticed all the stares they were giving Jisung, Donghyuck’s own included. “Um…is everyone okay?”

“Oh, we’re all fine, Chenle, don’t worry,” Jeno reassured the young male, his eye smile doing very little to ease Chenle’s worry and Jaemin pinched Jisung’s side, successfully making him yelp.

“Jisung is just a baby who is stalling,” Donghyuck piped up, sending Jisung a wicked grin when he glared at him. “Do it or we will.”

“Come on, Jisung,” Soeun coaxed, keeping her voice steady as she continued to record the ordeal. “It’s just Chenle.”

“‘Just Chenle’?” Chenle questioned before he realised that he was being filmed. “Wait, why are you filming me-“

 

“Chenle, please just be my boyfriend.”

 

The response was almost comical, Chenle’s eyes widened as he turned from looking at Donghyuck’s phone camera to staring at his best friend who was chewing his bottom lip in worry. 

 

“Wait, what? Me?” Chenle asked, pointing to himself and Donghyuck saw Jaemin roll his eyes as Renjun pushed Chenle forward and muttered something in Chinese. 

“Yes, you,” Jisung replied, catching Chenle when he fell forward because of Renjun’s push. “Chenle, I like you. So please date me, .”

“Gladly.” He heard Chenle whisper, watching and cooing internally as Chenle’s arms wrapped around Jisung, the Chinese male making himself comfortable against Jisung’s chest. 

“We’d like to stay but our group is coming soon and we promised that we’d hang out with them today,” Jaemin interrupted before ruffling both Jisung and Chenle’s hair affectionately. “Congratulations.”

“Remember, you’re children so no inappropriate stuff,” Jeno stated, flicking both on their foreheads before he headed back to the other table with Jaemin. 

“Can I sit on that side of the table?” Renjun asked and Donghyuck nodded, sliding down so Renjun could slide in next to his girlfriend who handed his phone back to him. 

“It’s gold,” Soeun commented before she took out a plastic knife from Renjun’s pocket. 

“No, it’s just a memory,” He replied as she cut out a piece and put it on some paper plates that were on her lap, the new couple across from them doing nothing to separate themselves from one another. 

“Hey Chenle!” he shouted, grabbing the piece of cake from Soeun after pocketing his phone. “This is for making us wait for so long!” He shouted, throwing the piece of cake straight at the younger’s face and laughing when most of it got on Jisung. 

“Oh, it’s on!” He heard Chenle shout before another piece of cake was being squished against his face, Soeun’s delightful laughter filling his ears.

 

Needless to say, that lunch was filled with laughter, cake a lot of screams.

 

~

 

Donghyuck had just gotten out of the shower when a new notification from the school’s website caught his attention. Clicking on the notification, he hastily pulled on a pair of boxers, sweatpants and a shirt before he saw the latest post that was waiting innocently for his attention. 

 

Since NOTHING interesting has happened, here’s another non-news team exclusive! Everyone, Lee Donghyuck has been texting Mark Lee!

 

“What?” He asked himself, pressing the ‘Read more!’ button and feeling the heart from the anonymous user’s profile picture quite mocking. 

 

Since NOTHING interesting has happened, here’s another non-news team exclusive! Everyone, Lee Donghyuck has been texting Mark Lee! Think I’m lying? Have a look at this:

 

 

THE Mark Lee / Caster Meow

 

Talk later?

 

Yeah I’ll talk later

 

I have to live out this one showcase first lmao

 

I know the pain since I’m at one too

 

But definitely be talking later?

 

Definitely

 

 

 

 

That conversation above was when they started texting, aren’t they cute? But this next one will REALLY surprise all of you!

 

 

 

 

 

THE Mark Lee / Caster Meow

 

You make it sound like we’re dealing weed

 

Hit me up with some if you’ve got any

 

THAT WAS A JOKE

 

-_-

 

I SWEAR IT WAS A JOKE

 

Anyway, what shall be your little reveal today?

 

I’m gay

 

Interesting

 

So am I

 

 

Two screenshots. 

 

That’s all they were.

 

Two screenshots from his private conversation with Mark Lee were now publicised by some anonymous user and all Donghyuck could feel was dread for the moment where Mark Lee would realise who he had been talking to. 

 

Lee Donghyuck, you truly are pathetic. 

 

Luckily for himself, Donghyuck didn’t have enough time to beat himself up over the fact that Mark Lee would be disappointed despite the fact that the older liked him.

 

THE Mark Lee / Caster Meow

 

You are an

 

Donghyuck didn’t even have a response for the truth and it killed him to know that Mark thought of him that way after he had revealed many things about himself to the other as Haechan.

 

THE Mark Lee / Caster Meow

 

I know who you are

 

Really? The exchange?

 

You knew who I was this whole ing time

 

Lee Donghyuck

 

Why didn’t you just tell me?

 

Why did you have to ing go ahead and pretend you weren’t the guy I liked?

 

I thought you genuinely cared but it seems that I’ve been toyed with

 

But you know what the most?

 

I can’t even bring myself to hate you 

 

Mark

 

Mark stop

 

Don’t think that

 

That was the best he could do - the best Donghyuck could bring himself to do - since he wasn’t even sure if the other was willing to hear his side of the story out.

 

Yes I knew who you were

 

But that was because Jaemin gave me your number weeks before

 

I never intended to hurt you

 

“Well, you ended up hurting him anyway,” He mumbled to himself, feeling the tears well up with the next few messages that Mark sent his way.

 

I WISH I could hate you rn

 

Because that would be so much easier

 

Mark listen to me

 

You are just like everyone else

 

You know, when you came up to me yesterday

 

I thought I was special because you went out of your way for me

 

But turns out you’ve been going out of my way to uncover my crush

 

Who is you and you know its you

 

All without just telling me that you were my crush

 

Mark it was nothing like that

 

PLEASE just LISTEN

 

But no

 

You were all like WHOOP DE DOO

 

Let’s up Mark Lee because why tf not

 

Oh and your whole opinion on po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter