Donghyuck - 8

Do You Believe In Fairy Tales?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey! Donghyuck! How’s ing your boyfriend?!” 

 

He felt his eye twitch at the question, glaring at his classmate who had just begun to laugh with his friends. 

 

“Bet you love taking it up the !”

 

Taking a deep breath in, Donghyuck sat as calmly as he could into his seat beside Renjun who had his head against the desk and was sleeping soundly. 

 

“You can tell us honestly how he is in bed!”

 

Exhaling slowly, Donghyuck turned around to smile at his dumb classmates who were laughing like idiots. 

 

“Wouldn’t you like to know what kind of a monster Mark Lee is in bed?” He simply taunted, smirking and turning back to the front, ignoring his inner turmoil before shaking Renjun awake. You’re not in the wrong. This is to get the bullies off him. 

“ off, Chenle…” He heard Renjun mumble as he slowly sat up, rubbing at his eyes and looking around the room disorientated. “Oh , you’re not Chenle.”

“Do I look like a Park Jisung radar?” He asked, deadpanned expression on his face as Renjun shrugged his shoulders. 

“You could have evolved into a Mark Lee radar,” Renjun replied, yawning after and Donghyuck found himself rolling his eyes. “And you really should stop that whole ‘not knowing who he is’ thing because I think he’d appreciate it if no one lied to him.”

“I’m not lying. I am Haechan,” He retaliated, narrowing his eyes at the other. “And I am not a Mark Lee radar.”

“Really? What class is he in right now?” 

“I think he has English-“

“See!” Renjun shouted, all signs of sleep wiped from his face as a smug expression spread across his features. “Mark Lee radar!” Rolling his eyes, Donghyuck simply hit the other on the head. 

“Like you don’t have a radar for Soeun,” He mumbled, noticing the small amount of concern that blossomed when he thought about Mark Lee dealing with everyone alone in his English class. 

“Everyone has a radar for Soeun,” Renjun pointed out and Donghyuck sighed since he knew that his best friend was right. 

“Renjun! Did you do the homework?” Jaemin interrupted, popping out of seemingly nowhere as Jeno greeted them normally. 

“What makes you think I’d give it to you?” He heard Renjun ask the other, Jaemin’s whine following after. “Jaemin, you have to start doing the homework yourself.”

“Just this once!” Jaemin pleaded, his hands coming together as if he were praying. “Please!”

“Fine,” Renjun sighed out, handing over his book so that Jaemin could copy down the necessary problems that were meant to have been completed. “Next time do it yourself.”

“Thank you, Injunnie!” He heard Jaemin squeal, the younger rushing back to his seat and messily scribbling down algebra equations and solutions.

“You’re too soft for him,” He commented, earning a scoff from Renjun and a raised eyebrow from Jeno.

“You’re not the only one who used to like one of your best friends, it seems.” 

 

Donghyuck would have missed it from how soft Renjun’s voice was and nearly screamed once he had processed it. 

 

“Wait, Jun, did you actually-“ Jeno spluttered, eyes widening as they both stared at Renjun who raised his eyebrow at them. “You liked Jaemin?!”

“Chill, it was for like a week before I met Soeun,” Renjun said casually and Donghyuck blinked as he tried to imagine Jaemin and Renjun being together as a couple - it wasn’t that hard since Jaemin acted like he was romantically involved with Renjun anyway. “It wasn’t that big of a deal.”

“But still!” He exasperated, sighing dramatically before leaning back in his seat. “And to think that both of you have girlfriends now while Jeno and I are painfully single.”

“It’s not painful,” Jeno protested quietly and he gave the other boy an incredulous look.

“Renjun has a girlfriend, Jaemin has a girlfriend, Chenle is going to date Jisung when he asks him out, Jisung is ‘working on’ asking Chenle out…” He listed, shaking his head before pointing at Jeno. “Don’t you feel left out?”

“Not really,” Jeno answered, shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly. 

“Really? So Herin is just some eye candy for you?” He asked, scoffing afterwards when Jeno gave him a confused look. “Didn’t you like her?”

“i confessed earlier and she turned me down,” Jeno answered and Donghyuck suddenly felt bad at having brought her up. “No, no, don’t-“

“Jeno, I’m so sorry,” He apologised, taking one of Jeno’s hands into both of his own and looking up at him as Jeno sighed. “She was a good person.”

“Stop making it sound like she’s dead when she’s next door,” Renjun interrupted before the teacher entered the classroom, leaving Jeno to rush to his seat beside Jaemin who in turn threw Renjun’s book right at his head. 

 

~

 

“Hey!” He screamed on the way to his group’s lunch table, glaring at the dumb juniors who were putting paper cut outs of on a senior’s locker - it was obvious who the locker belonged to. “What the are you doing?!”

“Gotta run!” One of them shouted, laughing and sticking three more on the locker before running down the hall and around the corner as other students laughed and took pictures of the defaced locker. 

“That’s ing ,” He mumbled to himself as he stared at the that had multiple profanities written on them alongside one that had his own name on it. “Goddamn people not having a brain,” He complained before he sighed and began to take out his anger in the form of ripping off the paper . Every time he ripped one off, he imagined shooting one of the bullies in the head and then lighting their body on fire. With each new rip came a new taunt from students who were passing by, clearly trying to rile him up enough for a reaction but he simply smiled and ripped one of the in half in front of them. 

 

“Um…what are you doing?”

 

The voice of the same student whose secret was broadcasted to the whole school made him stop mid-reach towards one of the last paper on the metal.

 

“Mark! Look, it’s not what it looks like!” He shouted, cringing internally at how lame that must have sounded to the other who was probably expecting something better. 

“Don’t tell me that you’re the one putting them on my locker…” He heard Mark Lee sigh out, the other seeming very tired as the whispers around them only increased - something that Donghyuck was already used to. Laughing quietly at the thought of actually being used to bullying, Donghyuck shook his head before responding to the older. 

“No, I’m taking them off but I swear I’m not trying to like, hack into your locker or anything!” He shouted, casually looking around at everyone who was in the halls with him. “I wouldn’t dare to do anything like that because I don’t bully people for who they are!”

“Look, just…” He heard Mark start before the other shook his head. “Ah, forget it.” Smiling uncertainly at the other, Donghyuck secretly hoped that Mark Lee would get through everything relatively unscathed. “Just…keep it down, okay? I’ve got a massive headache.” 

“I have some panadol tablets if you need them,” He offered, deciding to not mention the fact that the tablets were not his and that they were Soeun’s while ripping off another paper and ripping it up in anger. “Some water too.”

“I don’t think i’d need it but thanks.” He heard Mark reply awkwardly, the older hesitantly shuffling towards his locker as Donghyuck found himself frowning at the obvious gap between now and when they talked online. “You didn’t have to rip the off either.”

“I couldn’t exactly just walk past,” He stated, lips forming a slight pout before he watched in curiosity as Mark gulped slightly and looked away. “Some people are just really ed up!” He screamed, knowing that his words would be caught on everyone’s phones and uploaded later on. 

“Keep it down, will you?” Mark all but pleaded, voice low as Donghyuck enlarged his pout to showcase his disapproval. 

“They’ll bully you more if I don’t,” H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter