Thank You

My Best Friend, My Hero.

A comfortable silence fell between the two students as they made their way to the nurse's office.

As the pair quickly traveled from one end of the school to the hall where the nurse's office was, their hands had remained interlocked since Doojoon had saved Eunmi.

Doojoon put such ease onto Eunmi who could not be any more grateful to her savior than she already was.

Because of this ease, Eunmi barely acknowledged the feeling of warmth the older boy's large hand gave her small one.

However, this oblivion was not the case for our dear Doojoon.

Doojoon POV:

Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. I can't believe I just did that! I mean of course it was purely instinct right? Yeah! Pure instinct. Every male would jump to help a girl in trouble right? She's my damsel in distress!

I took a peek over my shoulder to see Eunmi just softly smiling as we walked, not seeming to mind the quiet atmosphere surrounding us.

That makes one of us... I MEAN COME ON!

Her soft, smoothe, gentle hand is in mine! It fits so perfectly... It should just stay here in mine for-

"Doojoon-oppa?" She suddenly called.

"Yes hand? I-I mean Eunmi-ah!" I hastily replied back.

Good going Doojoon. HAND?!

I was broken out of my own thoughts by Eunmi's sweet giggle.

When I turned to her again, she continued. "Well what I was trying tp say was that I think we walked past the nurse's office already."

I looked at our surroundings in surprise and confirmed what Eunmi had said.

"Aish. Sorry about that, I got distracted!" I apologized quickly.

Noticing that I was still firmly holding Eunmi's hand, I blushed and dropped it immediately.

"S-sorry for that too!" I looked away in embarassment, rubbing my neck.

Once again, she giggled, causing me to look over at her.

"It's alright. You saved me after all didn't you? Plus, I'm beginning to think that I should call you 'Skinship-oppa' instead?" Eunmi teased as she jokingly wriggled her eyebrows.

"I, I , um, about that. I apolo-" I stuttered, trying to find a way to explain myself.

Eunmi saved me from more embarassment by continuing to talk.

"I never said that I minded."

I looked over to her and when our eyes met, I knew that she had meant everything that she'd just said.

I felt my heart fluttering and had to tell myself to not misinterpret kindness for feelings.

I looked down and suddenly remembered Eunmi's injured hand which had started to swell and become a deep purple color.

"Ah! Your hand! It must hurt a lot. Let's go quickly!" I exclaimed as I grabbed her uninjured hand and dragged her to our original destination.

/Nurses office/

"Okay. It doesn't look like it's broken, but does this hurt?" The school nurse asked as she prodded Eunmi's hand.

"Ah!" Eunmi exclaimed in pain.

"Yep. It's what I thought. You dislocated your wrist a little there. You're gonna feel a little pressure and this will hurt a little but bear with it, it'll only be a second." The nurse said while gently holding Eunmi's hand.

Eunmi nodded to the nurse who then began to count. "Ready? 1, 2,3 *Pop*"

"Ahh! *Pant* That hurt but it feels a lot better now." Eunmi replied with a grateful smile on her face.

"Okay well your wrist and hand are back in their proper positions but your wrist is still a little sprained, so that means that you'll have to take it easy and try not to use it for the next week or so in order for it to properly heal. Arrasso?" The nurse said as she handed an ice pack for both Eunmi's wrist but also for her face which was swelling from being slapped earlier.

"Aish. Okay... but it's my dominant hand. What am I supposed to do?" Eunmi said with a dejected pout.

"I'll help you out! I'll get permission to write your assignments and help you with food and stuff." I excitedly offered.

Now's my chance to get closer!

"But you're in a completely different class." Eunmi tried to reason.

"Eh it'll be fine. The teachers love me and I have some of the highest grades so they shouldn't mind. Deal?"

"But that's a lot of stuff for you to do. Plus, you've already helped me so much already, and-" She continued to reason.

"No buts. This happened to you because of those girls obsessed with me. I can't help but feel responsible."

*krrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggg~*

"But-"

"I told you no buts, and that was the bell signaling the end of the day. Now let's grab your things and I'll walk you home." I cut her off once again with a smile.

We turned to the nurse and said our thanks.

On our way outside the school, Eunmi turned to me and said, "Thank you for everything you've done this far. Thank you so much truly. You really are my new best friend here."

Eunmi smiled so wide that I couldn't help but reciprocate the action.

Best friend. I'll be the best best friend you've ever had! I think just being able to be with you, even if only as a best friend should be enough for me...for now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAH! Guys I'm so sorry that I haven't updated since JULY! OTL

Life has been so freaking stressful :( I really do apologize and will try to update again very very soon!

<3 Cole

plzzzzz don't hate me and unsubscribe T-T