The Lazy Morning

Little sweetness with Jiyong and Chaelin

2007,in the YG building:

In CL dreams about her memories:

2ne1 is having a training session.They started off training at around 7:00 in the morning. It's pretty late at night now,Chaelin notices based on the light, or lack of,coming from the window .She has her rap classes with her producer, Teddy, he was a friendly man, but he might have gone a bit over the top with her practice schedule .She was a super hit in the 2007 Gayo Daejon but,she still has a lot more to learn, however, so perhaps his worry was necessary. She is performing what she had learnt thus far in front of her teachers, she was so anxious about it that she had barely slept the previous night. Their judging glares bore into her and she could feel a bead of sweat roll down her neck, god she probably looked horrible after a whole day of practice, her hair was probably frizzy and her makeup was non- existent, which didn't help matters. She muttered to herself mentally "At least things couldn't get worse,"and on cue, Jiyong of bigbang walks in.

She had the urge to stab herself and,when she got to heaven,kick God in the balls for the torture he was subjecting her to. She managed to finish her song and quickly thanked Teddy and her teachers and announced that she was going to head home and would be back tomorrow. She passed Jiyong on her way out the door, she chooses to focus on her shoes instead of him, to hide her growing blush. 2ne1 and bigbang were close friends, Chaelin and Jiyong especially, but she still felt uncomfortable with the fact that he had seen her perform, not him and a crowd of people to distract him, just him. His focus was entirely on her and she did her best to keep her focus off him.

She had passed through the door and was walking quickly across the hall,but, Jiyong calls out to her and she turns, he smiles sweetly and says "Come on Chaelin, I'm one of your closest friends,if you can't perform for me, how are you going to perform for thousands of people when you become a star?"

She murmurs "Perhaps I won't become a star."

Jiyong chuckled "You're too talented for your own good, you're going to become popular whether you like it or not."

Chaelin blushed and stammered "Same goes to you, of-f course."

"If you need any help, or just want to practice together, I'll be there." He said with a amused grin as he walked towards the opposite direction that Chaelin was heading.

She musters up her courage and calls out, before it's too late "How about tomorrow?" He turns around, surprised, but still grinning and nods.

"God why did she always get an odd feeling when she was with Jiyong." She reflected silently as she looked out the window of her car on the way home. "When their friendship started the feeling was non-existent, but as time passed, the feeling emerged. First, she thought that it was because they were growing apart, but on the contrary, they were actually spending more time together. She had pushed the feeling aside and elected not to think about it,she didn't have time to worry about these trivial things....and if she was being honest, it was much too similar to what she had felt with...him,and she had promised herself that she would never feel like that again. Apparently, she had failed that demand, the least she could do now was push that feeling away to minimize the guilt, and never act on it."

She tried to push those negative thoughts away and tried to remember the good things that happened today: her teachers seemed to like her song, even with all her fumbles and she now has someone to practice with, that ought to be helpful.

She thanked the driver as she opened the car door and walked into her shared apartment. She said a quick goodnight to her roommates and fellow 2ne1 members and fell asleep immediately.  

Next day morning:

CL'S POV:

Bom unnie slaps me right on my spine.

AAAAAAAAAHHHH....OPPA......!!!!!!" I scream.

"Oppa?" Bom asks, a mischievous smile growing on her face.

Oops.

I usually don't remember my dreams, but this one I knew was just a repeat of events from yesterday. Although, one image lingered more than the rest, Jiyong grinning at me amusedly, eyes crinkling at the corners and dimples on his cheeks.

That must have been the reason for my exclamation. Why did I remember that image so clearly?? Must be nervous about practicing with Jiyong, but he was right, I need to be more comfortable with performing in front of people, no time for anxiety.

I try to convince Bom that it was nothing.....but she doesn't seem to agree. I bet she now thinks I am dating secretly.

"Yah Chae~.....Are you thinking of a handsome man right now??? Tell unnie!I won't tell Dara, I promise! I'll help you!!"Bommie unnie tells me with a smug look on her face.

I wanted to tell her to mind her own business and that I really wasn't thinking of anybody, when she said "Oh by the way,you better get ready.You need to go for the concert rehearsal. Jiyong came over to call you an hour ago,but he didn't want to wake you up.Get ready fast.I am heading over to the gym. Dara and Minji are already there."

"Oh no! Why didn't you tell me sooner!"I yell whilst panicking."Teddy is gonna yell at me, again!!"

"Right? make yourself some coffee .You must be hungry.Me and Minji bought cereal.The fridge is full and fresh.BYE~!!" Bom leaves before I can reprimand her.

I hear her shout "DON'T YOU DARE.TOUCH.MY. CORN." and can almost see a death glare in her eye .

Kay..!" I respond, a hint of annoyance in my voice. I hear the door click as unnie leaves.

I take a quick shower and brush my teeth.I make myself a fried egg and sandwich and wolf it down. I choke on my coffee and run downstairs to the black YG van which has been parked in front of our apartment.

Once I get inside the car, Teddy oppa looks at me and gives his signature sigh and eye roll.

"Good morni-er-afternoon little princess.May I ask what reason you have got today?" Teddy oppa asks me.

"I am very sorry oppa.I overslept"I say bluntly, having not thought of any excuse.

"At least now you admit it. Jiyong has been waiting, better apologize to him. Oh and did you eat something?"

"Uhuh. Egg sandwich and I drank coffee."

"Great. Because you need to have lots of energy for what we have planned, make sure you're eating healthy,too, I don't want you falling sick."

I nod. As the car starts moving I enjoy the view of the han river .It is a Sunday but, it's not a day off for us idols. This hectic schedule always keeps us busy. Well, I wouldn't have it any other way.