Six

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What...what do you mean, Sir?”

 

Namjoon saw her philtrum started to sweat. She was hiding something. “I just wanna see if the book you’re holding belongs to my late brother. Just show me the cover. I believe if it’s not his, you won’t be stuttering and shaking like now.”

 

Kim Yerim realized that the friendly cute guy from earlier had gone. The guy in front of her had transformed into a strict and stern guy with no playfulness in his eyes. “I’m so...sorry, Sir. Th-this is not Mr. Lee’s.”

 

“Show me then.” He opened his palm and expected the lady would hand him the book. “You leave me with no choice.” Namjoon fetched his phone and dialled a number. “Officer Min? I’m at my brother’s office and found one of his staff hiding a very strong evidence,” he paused, “okay, I’ll-”

 

“No, wait!” Namjoon’s ears hurt from the yell. “Please, don’t call the police.” Her tears threatened to fall very soon. “Mr. Lee asked me to keep this for him last week. I didn’t know why but he said I was the only one he could trust.” A single tear fell. “When I heard he died, I was confused and shocked. Then, I read his journal, only a few pages. And...and…” she could not take it anymore. She broke down on her knees and dropped the journal onto the floor as her hands lifted up to cover her face.

 

Namjoon picked it up then took a handkerchief out of his pocket and handed it to the lady. “Here,” he spoke softly, “I didn’t call anyone.” Miss Kim looked at him with her red eyes. “But, thanks for telling me that.” He turned around and walked away while saying, “And I’m taking this with me.”

 

The lady on the floor could not believe what had just happened. That guy was very manipulative.




 

Namjoon sat on the couch in his apartment that he bought two years ago without telling anyone. He had the journal in his hand. “This looked quite new,” he mumbled. He opened the first page which was mostly about his trip to Hong Kong with Jin. Namjoon decided not to read that part for a personal reason. The other two pages were still about the trip. When he got to the fourth page, dated January 12th 2016, he found a new thing.

 

I met two men at the conference. I saw them before but didn’t know anything about them. Kim Wonshik and his fellow doctor, Moon Junyoung. They seemed nice and invited me to the party at Wonshik’s place this weekend but they asked me to come alone.

 

The next page. January 12th, 2016.

 

When I got home from Wonshik’s party, Jin was already asleep. I was so mad, I’m having a headache because I’m so right now and I can’t do anything!

 

January 17th, 2016.

 

It was Sunday. I got up at noon and Jin wasn’t home. Of course, Sunday is always a busy day at the bakery. I’m alone but I don’t mind. I remember what happened last night. I told Jin that I’d be late because of a last minute client. I came home late but not because of a client. I slept with Wonshik. God, what have I done? I cheated on Jin.

 

January 21st, 2016.

 

I went to a clinic in Ilsan to personally deliver their orders and met the director. He introduced me to an ENT specialist and was surprised that it was Wonshik. He asked me to let him buy me a drink as an apology of what happened before. We started with small talks then only God knows how we ended have again. Jin would kill me if he ever finds out.

 

Namjoon sighed. He could not believe his brother had the heart to do that to Jin. And remembering what he said to Jin, Namjoon could not feel anything but embarrassed. He got up and walked the copy machine. He must give it to the police but before that, he would make a copy.




 

“Thank you for this, Mr. Kim.”

 

“No problem, Officer Min. I hope it will lead you to something.” Namjoon was ready to leave when he heard someone entered the room and created some noise.

 

“Officer, you said you found Ken’s journal.”

 

“Actually Mr. Kim Namjoon found it. He gave it to me before I called you. Come sit down, Mr. Kim, you look tired.”

 

“I’m okay but thank you.” Jin sat down and did not notice Namjoon unt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter