Four

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure you don’t need my company?”

 

“I’m sure. I’m gonna be fine, Chim. Thank you for staying with me yesterday. Now, take a rest. Tell the boys too.” And with that, Jin left Jimin’s apartment after making sure he entered the white building before driving to Gangnam.

 

He checked on his watch. 8.55 am. “You can do this, Jin.” He squeezed the wheel as if it could comfort him. “Breath.” His nose inhaled oxygen as much as possible before he got of the car and walked to the grey building in front of him.


 

“Excuse-me, where can I find Officer Min Yoongi?” he asked someone with police uniform.

 

“Last door on your right,” he pointed the door and Jin thanked him. He found the door and when he entered, there were many policemen but he did not see the one he was looking for.

 

“Do you need anything, Sir?” an officer asked him.

 

“I’m looking for Officer Min Yoongi.”

 

“Oh, that’s Officer Min’s table. I think he’s out for a moment. You can wait there.”

 

“Thank you.” Jin walked to the table and sat down on the chair across from it. He played with his fingers while his brain echoing a specific person’s name. Kim Namjoon. His ex who happened to be Ken’s little brother. Kim Namjoon. His first love who brightened his dark world and the one who erased the light from his eyes. Kim Namjoon. The one who made his heart jumped like crazy and the one responsible for hurting it.

 

Jin let out one heavy sigh. “Why can’t my love life be like everybody else?”

 

“What’s wrong with your love life, Mr. Kim?” Officer Min suddenly came from behind and made Jin jumped a little bit on his seat. “Nothing interesting, Officer.” Officer Min smiled weakly. “I’m sorry you need to wait. I went to check the evidence for this case. So, did you bring the pills?”

 

Jin nodded and handed the bottle to Officer Min who opened the seal and saw a few white pills inside. “ I remembered something on my way here. You asked if my husband did something unusual or not. I noticed that since two weeks ago, the migraine seemed to come more often. He used to take only one pill but since two weeks ago, he took two.”

 

The officer nodded then yelled, “Officer Park, please bring this to the lab to check if it contains narcotics or something.” After Officer Park left, Officer Min faced Jin again. “I hope you don’t mind if we check the pills.”

 

“No problem, Officer. And, can I ask when can I bring his body back?”

 

“Very soon, Mr. Kim. The forensic just finished their observation an hour ago. I will contact you when you can pick him up from the hospital.” Jin nodded. “And this is his phone,” he took out a plastic bag with one black phone inside, “you can have it. We didn’t find anything suspicious.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“Luckily, he didn’t lock his phone. I’m sorry I read your messages when I checked it.”

 

“That’s okay, Officer. Hmm...and his brother? Has he arrived?”

 

“He called me this morning that he would be flying from Brisbane at 10 and he’ll be landed tonight. You never contacted him?”

 

“Never. It’s been a while since we met. I don’t even know he’s in Brisbane.”

 

“That’s weird. Your husband had been talking to him and texted him as well. They even talked to each other a few days ago.”

 

Jin was so surprised but tried not to show it on his face. He did not understand why Ken never mentioned anything about Namjoon. Not even a tiny information on where

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter