Two

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Tell me it’s just a dream, Jimin-a,” whispered Jin weakly. “Tell me that when I wake up, Ken would be there beside me, Jimin-a.” Jimin squeezed Jin’s hand. He did not know the right thing to comfort Jin at that moment. “Hyung, I’m really really sorry he’s not right here anymore,” he paused and took a deep breath before adding, “however, I believe that you’re gonna be strong. And remember that we’ll always be there for you.”

 

Jin shut his eyes and let more tears streamed down his pale cheeks. He could not believe what happened. Ken and him were just doing fine the previous night. Jin cooked Chinese food for dinner and Ken complimented him.

 

“I believe that if you open a restaurant one day, it’ll be another success. Just like the bakery. The food is worth dying for.”

 

“You said that because you know it’ll make me happy.”

 

“You underestimate yourself, Sweetheart.”


 

“It hurts, Jimin-a. My chest. It hurts so bad,” Jin was barely able to say those words with his weak voice. “How could he do this to me? How could he leave me like this, Jimin-a?” Jin broke another silent cry and the only thing Jimin could do was hugging him and let him cry as much as his heart content.


 

“Excuse-me, I’m really sorry but I have to bother him again.” Jimin looked up and his gaze met the officer’s. The one with a serious face. Jimin understood although he did not say anything. “Hyung, this officer needs something from you.” Jin had not stopped crying. “I don’t think it’s the right time, Officer.”

 

Officer Min nodded as if he understood what Mr. Ken’s widow was feeling and agreed with his friend to give some time to Mr. Kim Seokjin. “Okay. Here’s my card. Please give it to him later when he’s in better condition. I’ll contact him again tomorrow if that’s okay with him.” He bowed to show respect but came back to inform something. “I almost forgot. He can’t bring his husband’s body yet, at least not today. We still need to find the cause of death and once everything finishes, he would be able to bring his husband home.”

 

“Okay. I’ll let him know. Thank you, Officer.” Jimin told him. Officer Min nodded again before turning around and disappeared into the room where Ken’s body was kept.



 

“He’s sleeping now. I asked the doctor here if he could prescribe something to make him sleep.” Jimin was talking on the phone with his friends from the bakery.

 

“Is it true that Mr. Ken has passed away?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Sadly, that’s true. Jin Hyung himself identified his body earlier.” Both lines went silent and it was Baekhyun who broke the silence. “Jimin-a, since you work with him the longest, can you tell me what we should do now?”

 

“Because it’s something unexpected, I guess it’s okay to close early. After Jungkook make sure to put every transaction into the booking and all of you make sure that the bakery and the kitchen are clean.”

 

“Okay, Hyung. We’ll let you know again after we close the bakery,” Jungkook said.

 

Jimin hung up after that and went back inside the ER just in case Jin woke up. Luckily he was still sleeping so Jimin used the chance to find any news about his boss’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter