Three

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You what?” Jimin shocked.

 

“Yes, his brother is my ex-boyfriend. I didn’t know at first that they’re brothers because one is Lee and the other is Kim. I found out about that on my graduation. Ken introduced him to me. Surprise surprise.”

 

“Why did you two break up?”

 

“I never know. He suddenly maintained a distance and finally stop contacting me no matter how hard I tried to talk to him.”

 

“He must have a reason.”

 

“Well, whatever it was, only him and his God know about it.”

 

“Where is he now?”

 

“Don’t know. The last time we met was ten years ago. Two days before I married Ken.” Jin paused and Jimin thought he did not want to continue only to feel surprised when Jin added, “He asked me to cancel my wedding.”  





 

Thousand miles away from Jin’s house, a man received a phone call. He cursed whoever it was who called him. He was finally able to close his eyes less than an hour ago. He sat up and reached his phone on the nightstand. It took him awhile to realize it was a Korean number who tried to reach him and it made him quickly pick up the phone.

 

“Hello?”

 

“I’m sorry to bother you, Sir, but is it Mr. Kim Namjoon?”

 

“Yes, I’m speaking. Who am I talking to?”

 

“My name is Officer Min Yoongi from Gangnam Police Department. I call to inform you that your brother, Mr. Lee Jaehwan, has passed away yesterday afternoon.”




 

Morning sun rose before Jin knew it. Jimin was sleeping soundly next to him and he let him sleep. He was thankful that Jimin spent the night with him. Jin left his bed and went to the front door to get his morning newspapers. They were there, at his door, as always. He brought them inside and put them on the island at the kitchen. Ken always had his morning coffee while reading them on the island. That thought caused Jin to stop abruptly with one hand on the fridge door and the other hung loose on his side. “He’s gone, Jin. He’s gone.”

 

He closed the fridge and grabbed himself a glass of water. He sat on the chair where Kin used to sit and look at no particular object. He expected himself to cry again whenever he thought about his late husband but he did not. “Maybe I’ve used up all my tears yesterday.”

 

He heard footsteps approaching and met sleepy Jimin whose eyes were still half closed. “Morning, Chim.”

 

“Morning, Hyung. What time did you wake up?”

 

“I don’t know. Did you sleep well?” Jin smiled at him.

 

“I guess so. I’m sorry that I left you to sleep when you were telling me something.”

 

“That’s okay. You must be tired.”

 

“How are you this morning?”

 

“Not sure. I haven’t cried since we came back here which is good. But then I realized that he’s not gonna have breakfast while reading newspapers this morning. Or tomorrow. Or the days after that.” Jimin gave him a side hug and they stayed like that for a moment before Jimin remembered something. “Oh, I forgot to give you something. I’ll get it.” He walked back to the bedroom and went back with something in his hand. “The officer from yesterday gave me this. He still need something from you a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter