One

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was one hectic morning at the bakery. A lady stormed into the bakery right after Jin flipped the sign Closed to Open.

 

"I'm in trouble. You must help me!” she sounded so desperate.

 

“Take a deep breath, Miss…?”

 

“Park Yoora.”

 

“Take a deep breath, Miss Park, and tell me what happened,” Jin tried to calm her down. “Jungkook-ssi, could you please get some water for Miss Park here?” he asked his staff behind the counter and when Jungkook nodded, Jin said, “thank you.”

 

After she emptied the glass and took a deep breath, Park Yoora started, “So, it’s my director's birthday today and we’re going to have a surprise party for her at lunch time. I’m in charge with the cake but I’m doomed because the person that promised me to bake the cake disappeared and didn’t pick up his phone since last night.”

 

Jin understood the situation and he was willing to help her. “So, Miss Park, what kind of cake do you need?”

 

Park Yoora could not believe that she was so lucky to find a baker who was willing to help at such a short notice. She then explained what cake she wanted and Jin wrote doen the order in his journal.

 

“Can you really make it to deliver the cake on time at 11.30, Mr.Kim?”

 

“We’ll do our best, Miss Park. And me, myself, will make sure you’ll have the cake by 11.30.” Park Yoora shook his hands and quickly left Jin’s bakery before she was late to work. Once she left, Jin checked on his watch. 8.15. “Okay, not much time.” He got up and gave his order. “Jungkook and Jongdae, in charge with the customers. Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Jimin help me with the cake. Okay, let’s move.”



 

Jin exited Park Yoora’s office at 11.45 and still smiled remembering how she jumped in the air so high when she saw Jin came with a box in his hands. The look of happiness and satisfaction on his customers’ faces was a sign that he and his team had done a good job.

 

He climbed into his car and fetched his phone. He almost forgot to text his husband to remind him not to skip lunch. Ken was a hard worker and really good at his job but as a consequence he often skipped meals whenever he had important works.

 

To : Hubby

 

I got your note this morning. I’m sorry I was asleep when you left for the meeting. Don’t skip lunch today, okay?

 

Message sent. He put his phone back to his jacket’s pocket and drove back to the bakery. He checked his phone when the car stopped at the red light and saw that Ken had not replied. “He must be very busy.” The light turned green and he continued driving.


 

“Many people came when I left?”

 

“Yes, Boss. And we have three new orders for next week. All for Saturday. One wedding cake and two birthday cakes,” Jungkook answered. “Aww!” he rubbed his forehead. Jin flicked his forehead. “How many times should I remind you how to call me, Jeon Jungkook?”

 

“I’m sorry, Hyung.”

 

“That’s better. Where’s Jongdae anyway?”

 

“He went to the bathroom. He’ll be back in a moment.”

 

Jin nodded then went to his small office. He checked his phone again and still no reply from Ken. “That’s weird. He always replies no matter how busy he is.” He thought about calling him but then cancelled it. He did not want to annoy his husband. He put his phone on the table and took his jacket off be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter