Eleven

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Forgive me, Sweetheart, for doing this. But, bad people need to be punished so I'm punishing them. Just like I did to you. You left me and chose that ing married guy. You deserved to be punished, Wonshik-a." 

 

Namjoon smiled to the airlines staff as she handed him his boarding pass. He walked to the waiting room but it was a super heavy step for him. He knew Jin would never come and stop him from getting on the plane - nor contact him - but there was this tiny expectation that he would. He sat down on an empty chair and looked at the aiplanes that took off and landed on the runway that night. One of them would separate him miles away from Jin. His beloved Jin who had stopped loving him. 

Namjoon fetched the phone inside his backpack. 10.25 p.m. "Just this one. I'll give up if he won't answer." He then contacted Jin but after the fifth ring, he knew Jin would not pick it up.

"That's it." Namjoon exhaled but he still felt something stuck in his throat. "Enough." He switched off his phone and put it inside his bag and went to the bathroom to cry for the last time. 

 

 

After he left Namjoon's apartment the day before, Jin went to Jimin's apartment after calling him if he could stay with him for a few days. Jimin welcomed him with opened arms and Jin was so thankful for that although he had to sleep on the couch. 

 

10.25 p.m. and Jimin had long gone to bed while Jin was not sleepy at all. He stared at Namjoon's contact on the screen and did nothing. He knew that Namjoon would fly to Australia that night at 11.15. He texted Jin earlier to inform that but Jin did not reply back. His head was full of questions.

'Am I still in love with Namjoon after all this time?'

'Why did I start the kiss?'

'Why did I respond when Namjoon kissed me back?'

'Does it mean I betrayed Ken who passed away not too long ago?'

And ....

'Will I regret if I let him continue?' 

"God, why did You have to make my love life like this? I don't blame You but why can't You just make it simple like those romantic movies?" Jin almost dropped his phone when he saw Namjoon's name on the screen. He bit his nails because he did not have the courage to answer the phone. If he picked it up, what would he said to him? 

"No no no. Better not answer this." But, when 'Namjoon is calling' was still shown on the screen, Jin mumbled, "What if he has something important to say? What if he says that he won't come back to Korea ever again?" 

"Shoot! I hate -" he saw Namjoon's name was not on the screen again. "Okay, let's wait for a minute. If he calls back, I'd pick it up. If he doesn't, I'll call him." 

Of course it would not be that easy for Jin. Two minutes passed and Namjoon did not call back. Jin gathered the courage and put his thumb on top of the green button and closed his eyes tight before pressing the call button. 

"The number you are calling is not available. Please try -"

Jin ended the phone call and tried to call Namjoon again and again and again. But, no matter how many times he called him, he could not reach Namjoon. He had switched off his phone and there was no way Jin could catch him at the airport. 

"Why do you leave me again, Joonie-a?" A single tear fell on his palm. "Why did I have to act like I don't need him when all I want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter