Five

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I think you don’t remember that name anymore.”

 

“Why would I forget that, Joonie-a?” Jin stared at Namjoon, did not know if he should walk closer or not. “Did you just arrive?”

 

Namjoon nodded. “I’m sorry, I was overslept.” It was a lie. He was at the hospital before. But, once he saw Jin’s face, he felt numb and decided to just saw everything from the distance although he knew that whether he liked it or not, they would meet sooner or later. So then, he gathered his courage and called Jin before he reached the car.

 

“I see one habit hasn’t changed.” Jin remembered that Namjoon often missed his morning classes because he was overslept and fortunately it got better when they were together because Jin always made sure that he would attend his morning classes.

 

“You should forget that, Hyung.” Namjoon’s gaze had not left Jin. “I didn’t come here to talk about the past.” He knew his words hurt Jin. He could see it in his eyes. The older man’s eyes always showed all emotions he was feeling.

 

Jin quickly erased the pain in his eyes. He tried to maintain a poker face. “So, why did you come?”

 

“My hyung passed away. I must come back, of course.” Namjoon looked away to avoid looking at the gorgeous man before him. “Tell me, what happened to my hyung actually? He was a nice man, always did the right thing. He never broke the rule. How come he ended up as a drug addict?”

 

Jin looked behind him to his curious friends. He did not want to make them worry. “We can’t talk here. Where do you stay?”

 

“I’ll come to your house. Tell me where you live.”

 

Jin gave Namjoon his address and without bidding goodbye, he turned around and got into the car where his friends had been waiting.



 

Jimin wanted to ask something to Jin. But, the older guy closed his eyes ever since they left the parking lot. He knew it was best to give Jin some time.





 

Jin opened the door after he heard the bell and found Kim Namjoon. “Come in.” He stepped aside to let Namjoon in and closing the door after that. He sat down on the couch in the middle of the room. “Please sit down.”

 

Namjoon scanned the place. “This place is too cold for your taste. Hyung must be the one who decorated this room.” He looked at Jin but this time he could not see any emotions in his eyes.

 

“You didn’t come here to talk about the past. Now, what do you wanna know?”

 

Namjoon’s own words backfired. “I said that, didn’t I?” he sat his body down on the couch in the opposite of Jin. “Now, tell me what happened to my hyung.”

 

“He looked the same to me. Nothing changed. I got a phone call from the police two days ago about his death.”

 

“That’s all?”

 

“That’s all. Go ask the police if you don’t trust me.” Jin got up.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“Getting you water. No matter how mad I am right now, I still have manners.” He went to the kitchen and grabbed a glass from the kitchen set and poured cold water into it.

 

“This is more like you,” Namjoon said. He followed Jin to the kitchen. “It’s so colourful and bright. Your taste.”

 

Jin put the glass on the island. “And your point, Kim Namjoon-ssi?”

 

“Nothing. Just saying.” Namjoon brought the glass closer to his lips but stopped mid way when Jin said, “You two talked and texted each other. You must know something about him.”

 

“He always sounded the same. But a few weeks ago he kept on insisting that he was okay and happy even when I didn’t ask anything.” He put the empty glass back on the table. “What did the police say? I haven’t got the chance to meet the officer who contacted me.”

 

“They found alcohol and LSD in his blood and it looked like he had been using drugs for quite some time. But, what might actually killed him was the wound in his head. He was bleeding severely from the injury.”

 

“Have they caught anyone?”

 

“I haven’t a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter