Twelve

Untitled
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon directly went to work after arriving in Brisbane. He only had an hour to take a quick shower and prepared some toast. He grabbed his bag after making sure he had everything and drove his car to the office. 

"Joooonnn! Oh my God! I never thought I would be so happy to see you!" Steve, his workmate, dramatically welcomed Namjoon as soon as he saw him. Namjoon automatically smiled. "Really? I should have left you long ago of I know you'd miss me." 

"Shut up! Come on, let's get dirty." 

 

 

 

It had been a few years since Namjoon worked in the field. He missed it. Once he got promoted, he travelled and attended more meetings in many places and only stepped his feet on the plan site whenever he had to check something for a few minutes. 

"Looks good, Joon! I know I can count on you!" Steve said after Namjoon came back to the car. His uniform was painted with oil as well as his jeans and some on his face. "Shut up! Now, I need to take a shower again." 

Steve laughed. "Okay, Princess. Let's clean you." 

 

Steve drove him to a huge container that had been transformed into several bedrooms. There were more containers like that in this area for the workers. Namjoon thanked Steve and went to his bedroom and took of his clothes. He took a shower and made sure to clean all parts of his body and dried himself with a clean towel. He left some clothes and extra uniforms even spare safety shoes here. If he was too tired to drive to his flat, he would sleep there. 

He made himself a cup of coffee while waiting for Steve to pick him up. He checked his phone - work phone - and no messages. He grabbed his bag and switched on his personal mobile phone and several messages came in. "Ads ads ads, delete. So many ads," he sighed. Then, another ding and he was ready to get rid of it when he saw the sender. Kim Seokjin. 

Did you enjoy the flight? I hope you arrived safely.

 

 

 

Namjoon was staring at the blank screen in front of him. He was going to prepare the presentation for the meeting next day with the directors but his mind just refused to cooperate. He committed that he would start forgetting Jin. He had succeeded for - how long? - less than 24 hours. But, one single text from him was enough for Namjoon to doubt what he wanted to do. He...he...argh! He messed up his own hair and mumbled incoherent words under his breath. 

"You okay?" Someone asked. Maybe Steve. Namjoon shook his head. "What happened?" 

"Nothing. I'm going out for a moment." 

"Okay," Steve said and went back to his abandoned sandwich. 

 

 

Namjoon looked at his phone as if a tree just grew on it. He took a deep breath a few times then wrote a reply. Sent! Gosh, that was hard. 

I did. Thank you.

Jin replied his message a moment later. 

Happy to hear that. 

"That's it?" Namjoon cursed Jin inside his heart. How could he - ding!

Are you working? 

Namjood replied.

Yes, I am. You?

"Why did I sound so cold? That's not what I mean." Aargghhhh...Namjoon was frustrated. He was not aware of some staff who were wondering what happened to Mr.Kim. 

Ding!

On the couch in Jimin's apartment. Don't skip meal, ok?

"So, he went there. At least he's not alone." He was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter