le friends

Airborne

someone wanted to know if Kibum and those friends of Jonghyun had met. 
well, here you got the flashback :D LOL. enjoy, whoopheads.

---

 

It was a couple of weeks after Jonghyun had announced that he was dating Kibum.
Most of the time he was busy flying from country to country, and whenever he was free he was spending it with his boyfriend.
Though, one day he decided to hang out with his old friends instead, who had already texted him numerous times to ask if he wanted to meet up again someday. He was really excited to be seeing them back after all those months, curious to if things would be different between them now. 
He hoped his pilot carreer didn't affect their friendship, because even though it was his dream to become a pilot he didn't want to neglect his friends either. They were there whenever he needed them, the ones he hanged out with and who helped him through break ups. 
They had been by his side all the time. They were the ones who pulled him away from his books to have some fun instead of studying all the time, and without them he wouldn't have met Kibum.

They taught him how to live his life a little and he couldn't be more thankful.

"Where are you going ?" Kibum asked curiously, standing in the door opening of their shared bedroom.
Jonghyun checked his hair in the full body mirror one more time before turning his attention to the blonde, smiling at him.

He was wearing a blue button-up with the first few buttons open, revealing his mole and collar bones and the sleeves rolled up to his elbows.
His legs were clad in simple black jeans with brown, laced Dr Martens boots beneath, giving him a casual yet stylish look. His hair was waxed into different angles, all messed up and wild, just how Kibum likes it.

"I'm going to meet up with some old friends," He explained, walking over to the boy. He gently grabbed his chin and pulled Kibum's pink lips to his, leaving a soft kiss on them before passing him by without another word.

"Can I come with ?" Kibum asked hopefully as he ran after his boyfriend who was already descending the stairs.
Jonghyun shrugged, "They said they wanted a guy's night, I don't know if they'd like it if you came,"

There was a little pout framing Kibum's lips as Jonghyun opened the door to their living room, "But I'm a guy, too, aren't I ?" 
The pilot turned around with a soft smile, "Of course you are," He laughed a little, coming a bit closer to Kibum.
"Just do your homework, or invite someone over, I'll be back in a few hours, okay ?" He said softly, caressing the blonde's cheek.
Kibum looked down in disappointment, ignoring Jonghyun's hand on his cheek.
Jonghyun chuckled, "Bye," He said, pressing his lips to Kibum's cheek before throwing on his jacket and making his way out of the house with a playful, "I love you !"

It was dead silent in the house whenever Jonghyun wasn't there,  Kibum didn't ask the servants much and most of the time took care of himself so except for a couple of maids cleaning the house, the others were probably in their rooms or out to buy groceries.
Their house was so big he could do everything he want, but there's no fun in doing something if you're on your own, right ?
If only his boyfriend was home more often.

 

---

 

Jonghyun thanked mister Park and told him he would call him when he could pick him back up later that evening, stepping out of the fancy vehicle and making his way over to where they had told they'd meet up.
It was a little café where they'd often went to when they were still seniors, a wave of nostalgia hitting him like an ice cold bucket of water, missing those times where they were still reckless and young. Well, they still were. But his dreame came in the way and he gave up all of that already a couple of years ago, just to be with Kibum and to become a pilot. He wondered if his friends still hung out like they did when they were still in highschool, he wondered if they already had a dream like him.

He stepped inside the little café and walked to the back, where they always sat. He smiled widely when he saw his five friends sitting in one of the booths, "Look who we have here," He heard one of the boys say, a smug smile plastered onto his face.

"Jonghyun !" Two of them jumped out of their seats and ran over to him, enveloping him in a tight (manly) hug.
"Dude, it's been way too long," One of them who was still seated in the booth chuckled, beckoning him to come sit with them.
He let go of the two others and plopped down in one of the seats, letting the tallest of them all drape his arm over his shoulders.

They began to talk and talk and talk, he really had to catch up.
Two of them already had a girlfriend and were already planning on getting married. Jonghyun felt slightly jealous, they looked so happy when they were talking about their girls and how their wedding was going to be. They were talking about how they would name their kids and where they would live. 

Of course he was happy with Kibum, and the fact that it wasn't all that easy for two boys to marry, was totally worth it because they were head over heels in love with each other. But their life was still not normal. He wanted to have a bunch of cute kids and a nice house, everything went different than he expected it to be. 
He had always imagined himself as a married man with a pretty girl, beautiful kids and a cosy home where he would return to every evening after work. Instead he was living with the love of his life in a huge mansion with dozens of employees, coming back home only a couple of times a week.
He didn't know what he liked better, the life he had now or the life he had always imagined he would have.

He would never ever trade Kibum for something else though, so eventually he just smiled at the fact that he could have the most beautiful person in the world in his arms, even if it was only a few times a week.
He was happy for the two, that they had found the love of their lives as well, and that they could live a normal one, unlike him.

He checked his cellphone to see if he had received any texts from Kibum but was disappointed with an empty inbox.
"And how are you and your boyfriend ?" One of them asked when he noticed him checking his cellphone, all eyes on Jonghyun all of a sudden.
Jonghyun smiled a beautiful smile, feeling oh-so proud to hear the words 'your' and 'boyfriend' coming out of someone else's mouth.

 

"We're doing good," He admitted, smiling like an idiot when his friends aw'd at the pink blush that appeared on his cheeks.
"I literally fell off the sofa when I watched that press conference where you said you were dating a boy," One of them joked, taking a sip of the beverage in front of him.
The other four nodded their heads, the guy sitting opposite of him laughing before opening his mouth to say something, "Yeah, I watched one of your interviews on tv and you said you met him at a festival, how romantic," 

Jonghyun snickered, "You don't remember the festival anymore ? You guys were there," 
The tall boy next to him sudenly stiffened, "What ? You mean the festival from when we were like ... nineteen ?"
Jonghyun nodded, looking at him expectantly. He felt the arm over his shoulder disappear, "You mean that your boyfriend is that blonde boy with the nice ?"

Jonghyun's eyes widened, "What do you mean you like Kibum's ?" He said somewhat disgusted with the fact that his friends took note of his boyfriend's , it was his property goddamnit.

"Jonghyun dude ! He was like ten when you met him at that festival !" The same boy exclaimed surprised by the sudden revelation.
 

"What festival ? I don't remember a festival nor a ten year old," The guy seated to his left said in confusion, trying to keep up with the conversation.
 

"Don't you remember that festival we went to during summer break ? We had to drag Jonghyun away from his textbooks that day !" The boy explained to his friend, eyes big and full of surprise that Kibum was actually that same boy.

"Vaguely," The guy answered hesitantly, looking up to the ceiling, trying to remember the event.
 

"Oh ! Yes ! Now I remember !" One of the other boys at the table said all of a sudden, almost knocking down his drink, "we were next to the lake watching girls !" He added enthusiastically, laughing loudly at the memories.

"I don't remember ," Another one said, shrugging and taking a sip of his coke.
"You were probably too drunk," Jonghyun explained.

"Jjong, you're such a pedo, I remember Kibum now he was just a little boy back then," The friend that had almost smacked down his drink chuckled.
"Fourteen," Jonghyun corrected him, "He was fourteen,"

 

--

 

It didn't take long or all six of them were drunk and goofing around in the dark streets, ignoring the scoldings they got from open bedroom windows.
Last time they did this kind of stuff they were only nineteen and it felt good to do it all over again. Though this time, Jonghyun had to think about the angel that was waiting for him at home.
"Maybe we should go home," Jonghyun slurred, his lips stretched out into a smile.
Without waiting for the other five guys to respond he grabbed his cellphone and pressed the speed dial, calling Kibum without standing still at the fact that it was almost midnight and that the young boy would probably be asleep already.

"Hello ?" Kibum's tired voice made Jonghyun smile, loving how it flowed out of the little speaker of his cellphone.
"Hey baby," He tried to act as sober as possible, the slight slur in his voice betraying him.

"Hyung, are you drunk ?" Kibum whined softly, disappointment hidden underneath his words.

"No no, I'm not, uhm," The older boy didn't even know why he was calling Kibum, he was supposed to call a driver, not his boyfriend, "Uh nevermind, I'll be home in a few, okay ?" He said through his smile, watching how two of the guys sat down on the pavement with half closed eyes, on the edge of giving out.

He heard Kibum huff, "kay," 

Jonghyun quickly called mister Park to ask to pick him and his five friends up, he wasn't planning on leaving five, drunk guys alone in the streets at almost midnight so he decided to let them stay over.
He gave his driver the address and hung up, following the other's actions by slumping down on the pavement as well, running his hand through his brown locks.

"Dude, we got ourselves trashed," One of them said as if it wasn't already obvious, letting out a loud sigh.
Two of them were already sound asleep, resting their heads on each other.
Jonghyun checked his watch and muttered a 'hurry up' to himself, getting impatient with the old man's slow driving. He was being unreasonable though, because he only called him a minute ago.
He didn't even ask his friends if they wanted to stay over, it was already obvious they weren't able to get home safely by theirselves.

A couple of minutes later they saw headlights somewhere at the beginning of the street, a fancy car slowly coming their way towards them and coming to a halt in front of the five boys.
Jonghyun jumped to his feet, dragging his exhausted body along with the ones of his friends inside the car. 
Not caring to buckle up or to greet the old man in front of the steering wheel, they began to head to Jonghyun's huge mansion where Kibum was waiting for him.

He couldn't fall back asleep after his boyfriend's call and asked one of the maids to make him hot chocolate milk as he was cuddled up in the fluffy couch in front of the huge flat screen, checking his cellphone every few seconds to see if he got any messages from his obviously drunken lover.

Kibum heard the little melody float through the house that indicated someone was at the gate, followed by one of the servants' voice.
It didn't take long or the same servant was in the living room, telling Kibum that Jonghyun was home with five other boys.

Kibum let out a sigh, giving the maid that was still up and had made him choclate milk to prepare five beds for the boys as he rushed over to the door.
In the door opening were revealed six worn out bodies, including the one of his handsome boyfriend who had two arms slung around his neck, helping to support the drunk boys.
He smiled sheepishly at the blonde, dragging all five of them inside and into the living room.

Kibum crossed his arms in front of his chest, giving his boyfriend a disappointed look as two of their servants guided Jonghyun's friends to their prepared beds. Jonghyun chuckled when he heard one his friends shout a "this house is a ing castle !".
The maids that were still awake were talking to each other in the corridor, their hushed voies echoing through the hollow hallways.
"You said you weren't drunk," Kibum said sternly, one eyebrow higher than the other. He knew that he couldn't win over Jonghyun though, eventually he was going to be the one that would give in and they would both just go to sleep peacefully. He did want to argue with his boyfriend right now because it was just unreasonable to stay out this late, knowing that he had to co-fly a plane to the other side of the world in two days, but he knew he wouldn't win over Jonghyun.

He was only seventeen, didn't even act like a mother or a wife. He was nothing more but Jonghyun's boyfriend and had nothing to say to him, it's not like they were married.

He sighed when he saw Jonghyun making his way over to him with outstretched arms, securing him in a tight embrace. Strong arms were wrapped around his little waist, handsome face pressed into the crook of his neck. He could feel Jonghyun inhale deeply, leaving little butterly kisses on the skin there. And Kibum found himself giving in again.

"You stupid ," Kibum muttered, pushing Jonghyun away a little. He held his hands on the other's biceps, looking him dead in the eye, "leaving me behind for the entire day," He huffed, making Jonghyun laugh softly.

Kibum proceeded to stand on his tippy toes, pressing their lips together for a brief moment before grabbing his blanket from the couch and working his long legs over to their bedroom.

 

***

 

I'm sorry if this short, but it's late and blah.
It's been a week ... right ? sorry for that, but I'm on break now so I have plenty of time to write ! :D

 

bnze