mad

Airborne

Kibum had been grumpy all day long, and he had his reasons.
His exams were coming up and it was stressing him out, because all of his free time that he normally spent with his boyfriend, turned into study-time and he hated it. 

On top of that, Jonghyun was constantly working and was never there when he needed him. He was always left alone with the employees while Jonghyun went to meetings and interviews or was out of the country. It was frustrating and it had already happened several times that he broke down.

Every time he needed his boyfriend the most, he wasn't there. There were only servants and maids, but they weren't really a comfort. They couldn't hold him, kiss him or soothe him like Jonghyun could. The only thing they were usefull for was to protect anything valuable and fragile whenever the young boy had a break down.

It was Saturday and Jonghyun was back from the States a day ago. The first thing he did when he got home was kiss Kibum and go to sleep, too tired to talk or to cuddle. And Kibum would be lying if he would've said he wasn't disappointed.
He had been studying the entire day just so he could spend the evening with his boyfriend, but it seemed that his plans had gone up into smoke because once the eldest entered the house, he was already half asleep.

The next day he woke up without Jonghyun by his side, thinking that maybe he was already up and eating breakfast downstairs he skipped down the stairs and quickly made his way to the kitchen. However, he was disappointed once again when he saw the kitchentable filled with food the maid had prepared, but no sign of his boyfriend. 

The maid who was cleaning the pots and pans she had used to make him his breakfast turned around with a sweet smile when she noticed the younger boy's presence, "I had to tell you that Jonghyun-ssi is to a meeting," 

Kibum tried to cover up his frown and pout by faking a smile on his face, "Oh, ... did he tell you when he was going to be back ?" He asked, a bit of hope audible in his voice. The maid nodded her head as she put down the pan she had been scrubbing, "He should be back around one pm,"

"Oh, okay, thank you Saejin noona," Kibum thanked her, biting the inside of his cheek and walking back out of the kitchen, ignoring the maid's disgruntled face when she noticed him pulling a face at the breakfast she had prepared for him.

He went straight up to his room, wrapping himself up in a fleece blanket and sitting down in front of his desk. He begrudgingly stared down at his textbook, scoffing at a picture that they showed on the page; one of a boy and a girl sitting on a bench hugging and smiling.
He reached out for his pen and began drawing moustaches on their faces, grinning proudly at his masterpiece once he was done coloring the girl's hair green and giving the boy a unibrow.

He pursed his lips in thought, having the feeling that his artwork was missing something. He thought for a second before occuring to him that he had forgotten to draw the cliché string of snot below the boy's nose, smiling down at the picture and of course, scribbling something under it :

Jonghyun is a douchebag

 

--

 

Later that day, when he had given up on having a staring contest with his textbook and decided to actually study, Jonghyun came back home from wherever he had been to. As soon as Kibum heard the engine of a car in front of the house he jumped up from behind his desk and ran downstairs. A servant who passed him by grinned, finding it amusing how hyped up Kibum could get because of the other's homecoming.

Kibum opened the heavy door in a swift movement, squinting his eyes and spotting the familar black car at the gate. He saw Jonghyun stepping out of the vehicle, dressed in a pair of dark blue trousers and a white button up. His tie was loose around his neck and his brown bangs were slightly covering his eyes.

Kibum's heart did a little sommersault, eyes turning into those cute little half moons at the other's arrival. Jonghyun looked up to the door, noticing the other standing in the doorway and grinned at him, sending him a suave wink.
His jacket was slung over his forearm as he walked towards the younger boy in what Kibum found excruciating slow, the car behind him driving away to the garages.

As Jonghyun came closer, Kibum's smile got wider. His arms were stretched out and his hands were making grabbing motions at which Jonghyun had to chuckle, walking a bit faster and pulling the lithe frame against his own as soon as he could wrap him up in his embrace.
Kibum bounced on his tippy toes and pressed their lips together, burrying his face in the other's shirt afterwards. He felt Jonghyun place a featherlight kiss on top of his head and he had to smile softly. This was the first time Jonghyun had hugged him that day and it felt amazing. The day before Jonghyun was already asleep when Kibum crawled into bed next to him, therefore he had to try to fall asleep without the other's strong arms around his body and it was difficult, to say the least.

He got disappointed once again, though, it was as if Jonghyun couldn't stop disappointing him these days, because he hadn't held him against his chest for ten seconds or he already peeled him off, telling him that he still had a bunch of papers waiting for him in his office, patting his and leaving him behind in the hallway afterwards.

Kibum was flabbergasted. Did Jonghyun really just do that ? 
The loud footsteps that indicated the other was ascending the stairs confirmed it and Kibum huffed, a frown appearing on his forehead and quickly following the other to his office.

"Jonghyun," He whined, catching up with him in the corridor and pulling at the sleeve of his dress shirt, "Hey, I missed you, you know," He said, trying to persuade him to cuddle a bit longer. Jonghyun turned around, surprised expression turning into an apologetic one. "Yeah, I missed you too," He admitted truthfully, intertwining his hand with Kibum's soft one, the other one going up to caress his cheek. Kibum was still pouting, big blue eyes shimmering as they stared up to him. 

"Then let's cuddle," He asked, sounding almost desperate. Jonghyun's apologetic expression remained, untangling their fingers and hand retracting from his cheek, "I'm sorry but I don't have time now, I promise we'll cuddle later," He bent down to give him a soft kiss on the lips before turning back around and making his way to where his laptop and papers were waiting for him.

Kibum was mad.

He was really mad.

He hadn't seen him in four days because he was out of the country, when he finally comes home he immediately goes to bed. The next morning he's gone to a meeting and when he gets back he locks himself up in his office to finish up paperwork.

He bit down his bottom lip to prevent himself from screaming at his boyfriend. Even though he was really mad, he didn't want to start a fight. He wasn't sure if he could survive a fight now that he needed Jonghyun so much.
He bit down harder, the thin skin of his lip almost breaking. He turned around, blue eyes teary as he tried to force the tears that were starting to form back into his tear ducts.

He went down the stairs, going down the endless corridor and taking the second door on his left. He sat down on the couch, ignoring the maid who was dusting the antique, wooden furtniture. He gritted his teeth, balding his fists in anger and still trying and trying to hold back his tears.
He was just so mad at Jonghyun, he didn't know how stressed out he was, he didn't know how hard he had been studying and how hard school was right now. And why didn't he know ? Because he was always gone. He was always working and he never noticed when he had been crying because he was always too tired to even look at him when he came back from meetings.

The maid stopped with her cleaning and looked at the younger boy in concern not daring to ask what was on his mind. Kibum could hear he silently putting down the duster and leaving the room, and he felt grateful because he was really not in the mood to talk right now, let alone with one of their employees. And like that, he fell asleep with unshed tears and bottled up anger.

--

When Kibum woke up four hours later he immediately went to their room to study. He couldn't let the fact that he was mad at Jonghyun affect his schoolwork. He was still mad, oh god he was incredibly mad, but he tried to shove all of his anger towards his boyfriend to the side for a couple more hours so that he could focus on studying.

When a servant came knocking on his door to tell him he should go downstairs to eat dinner, he had told him that he wasn't hungry and that he didn't have any time to eat right now, blatantly ignoring the servant's pleads to eat because it is unhealthy to skip meals and yada yada yada.

The only reason why they were so concerned about him skipping meals or studying on his bed instead of at his desk was because Jonghyun ordered them too. It was funny, really, to seem them act all concerned when they really weren't.
Normally when he would skip dinner or lunch and ignore the servants who'd tell him to eat, Jonghyun would come get him personally but this time he didn't.
Kibum had to scoff when he realised it, that his boyfriend all of a sudden didn't even care about his health anymore.

He was probably 'too busy'.

He tried to study again after cursing Jonghyun some more under his breath, his mind making up all sort of ways to get back to him. Scenes like putting on the tightest jeans he owned and trudging down the street, flirting with other guys when he would tag along when Jonghyun was going to the gym or letting one of the hottest seniors tutor him Math flashing before his eyes. An almost devilish grin appearing on his lips at the thoughts.

He quickly wrote them down on a piece of paper and stuffed it in his pocket, grinning from ear to ear before resuming to his textbooks.

It took him another couple of hours before his brain got completely numb due to all the efforts it had been giving. Some of his papers were scattered across the floor that he hadn't bothered to pick up and his bag was on their bed with its contents spilled out.
It was only eight pm and he was already worn out, the sun was beginning to set and gave a somewhat romantic, orange glow to the room.

His head was resting on the surface of his desk, eyes still open and staring into nothing. School .

He heard the door of their room open and he knew it was Jonghyun, though he didn't look up. He was tired and wanted nothing more but to sleep. Not only school had worn him out, but Jonghyun too. His boyfriend was unconsciously wearing him out.

He heard him close the door behind him and walk towards his desk. There were two hands on his shoulders not a couple of seconds later, massaging them and sliding down his arms slowly. "Hey," He whispered in his ear as he bent down. Kibum shivered, letting out a soft hum to let him know that he was awake.

"Wanna cuddle ?" The voice was so soft and soothing, it felt as if all of Kibum's stress got washed away. He hated it. Because he was still mad at Jonghyun and he didn't want to let him have such a big impact on him but unfortunately, he had. The silly little smile on his lips was inevitable.

He didn't reply him though, he didn't want to give into him that quickly. He first wanted to let him know that he was mad at him.
Jonghyun noticed but didn't say anything about it, grabbing his wrists and tugging at them. He turned Kibum around and crouched down in front of him, fingers finding each other and tangling together. He looked up at Kibum with a small smile playing on his lips,  pressing a kiss to his knuckles in a loving manner, all the while keeping their eyes locked. 

Kibum had such pretty, fascinating eyes. They were deep and mysterious, like the ocean, they held a thousand secrets and mysteries. Jonghyun found them intriguing and enchanting, they were definitely one of the things he liked the most about his boyfriend. When he was happy they twinkled like little stars and when he cried they were shining and looked like beautiful crystals, he loved it. They were simply beautiful.

He pulled the younger boy to his feet, pulling him to his chest and wrapping the skinny arms around his neck, his own muscled ones snaking around his waist.
He let his head drop down to the smaller boy's shoulder, nuzzling his neck and inhaling his scent. Kibum let him, slowly letting himself get comfortable against Jonghyun's chest and listening to his heartbeat. He softly played with the back of his hair, turning his head a little to give him a small kiss on the cheek. He was still mad at Jonghyun but ... oh the hell with it.  As if he could ever stay mad at him.

With that thought he pulled his boyfriend closer to him, wanting to feel more of him because it had been way too long.
He felt Jonghyun smile against his neck and raise his head, "Are you mad ?" He asked softly, one hand leaving his waist to brush his blonde bangs out of his eyes.

Kibum shrugged.
"I'm sorry," Jonghyun apologised, "for whatever I did," He knew his boyfriend more than enough to know that he was indeed mad at him, it had actually been quite redundant to even ask him if he was, seeing as it was as obvious as white on black.
"I'll make it up to you," He quickly added, not giving the other time to respond, not as if he was going to anyway, he was way too stuborn for that, "I think it's going to be warm tomorrow, so let's go swimming," 

Kibum was excited all of a sudden, he loved swimming, especially with Jonghyun. They had a big swimming pool in their backyard but it had been too cold these past months to go in it.

There was a silence and Jonghyun kissed Kibum softly on the lips, "Am I already forgiven ?" He asked innocently, and Kibum stiffled a laugh because like this, it looked like he was the older one in the relationship.

He shrugged again, trying to play a little game with his boyfriend. He tried to act really indiffirent but Jonghyun saw right through him and smiled, because he knew he was indeed forgiven. He decided to play along and bit his lip in thought, eyes looking up at the ceiling and letting out a thoughtful hum, "And what about an ice cream ? Is that also a good peace offer ?" He asked playfully, a little grin playing on his lips. His voice was hushed because he didn't want to break the peaceful silence that the big room always surrounded, it sounded a little husky and Kibum liked it.

He scrunched up his nose as if saying he wanted more than only swimming and an ice cream, letting the pilot kiss him repeatedly on the lips without returning the action.

The soft smooching sound of Jonghyun kissing Kibum's pink lips over and over again filled the silent room and came to a halt when Jonghyun had another idea, "Oh, I know it," He said softly, almost whispering. The grin on his lips became more evident and he brought his mouth closer to the smaller boy's ear, "I'll make love to you,"

Peace offer accepted.

 

***