parents

Airborne

The first time Kibum met Jonghyun's parents was a couple of months after the festival. They were texting each other constantly, even during the school hours and their friends got suspicious after a few days. When they discovered that it was a cute, blonde boy Jonghyun was always texting with they couldn't help but .

They were on the phone till midnight, talking about stuff they didn't care about just to hear each other's voice. Jonghyun would let Kibum blush and Kibum would knock the air out of the older boy with his mere appearance.
They both felt that strange connection between them but they never mentioned it, they were both way too shy and didn't want to ruin their friendship.

Jonghyun had asked the blonde over to come and see his parents, because they were really curious to meet the boy that had been occupying their son's mind these days. His mother had practically begged him to let him come over, forcing her husband to do the same. 
Jonghyun had never told his parents about Kibum, but they knew their son better than anyone else and saw right through him. It was just way too obvious with the way Jonghyun came home smiling like an idiot after he had been out with 'a friend', or how his face was glued to his cellphone screen when they were watching a movie.

One day when he was at the library, his dad had checked his mail on his laptop which was carelessly thrown on the sofa. It wasn't his intention to violate his son's privacy, but from the moment he opened the fancy device and saw a picture of a cute blonde with twinkling blue eyes everything clicked inside his head.
He would've never guessed that his son had a thing for boys, and somewhere deep inside it disappointed him. But as long as he had a bright future and a happy life, he was okay with it.

 

He didn't hesitate to show his wife, who's mouth fell open in pure astonishment. It was pretty unusual to discover that all this time your son has been having contact with a boy, something that was obviously much more than just 'contact'.
Somehow they just knew that his background picture had something to do with his weird behaviour, it couldn't possibly be just a picture of someone he thought was cute. 

So after Jonghyun had admitted that Kibum was indeed very precious to him, his parents had forced him to ask him over.
At first he had been hesitant, he wasn't sure how his parents were going to act around Kibum and he sure as hell didn't want to get himself embarrassed by them in the younger boy's presence.
He had proposed it to Kibum and much to his surprise, he was very excited to meet his parents. From the moment Kibum began smiling at him, saying that he would love to meet his parents, he didn't even fear of getting embarrassed by them anymore. Just one beatiful smile of the blonde angel and all of his worries got washed away.

They arranged a date for when Kibum could visit and decided to do it on a Saturday, when they both didn't have to study.
It was only Monday when they arranged it and for the rest of the week they didn't have time to hang out because of school, so they wouldn't be seeing each other for five days straight.

Time by time Jonghyun began neglecting his friends because of Kibum, he was spending all his free time with the younger boy and almost never answered his friends' texts because it always disappointed him that they weren't from Kibum. 
They didn't say something about it though, they knew how obsessed he was with that angel of his and decided to wait until he snapped out of it himself and realise that he hadn't been giving them much attention because of Kibum.

When Saturday came and Jonghyun picked the younger boy up, the presence of Kibum didn't fail to knock the air out of him, again.
It was just with the way he was standing there in a slightly too big sweater, thin legs clad in skinny jeans peeking out from under the hem of the upper garment. His blonde hairs were slightly tousled because of the wind and his blue eyes were scanning the area, trying to find Jonghyun's car.
His hands were hid in his sleeves because of the cold, shifting his weight from one foot to the other.

It didn't take long or he stopped in front of the smaller boy, letting him step in the vehicle and saving him from the cold. He began blowing warm puffs of air on his frozen hands, putting them on his cheeks as an attempt to warm them up.
Jonghyun had given him a subtle compliment, "You look good," at which Kibum had to smile.

When they arrived at Jonghyun's house and parked the car at the front door, they both quickly rushed inside.
They went through the corridor and took the third door on their left, stepping into the spacious living room where his mother was seated in the sofa.

She immediately jumped up with a bright smile, taking a good look at the little boy standing next to her son. Instantly her eyes began twinkling when Kibum spoke up, "Hello ma'am, it's so nice to meet you," He did a ninety degree bow and flashed the woman one of his cutest smiles. 
Jonghyun's mother let out a soft laugh, pinching his cheek, "Aren't you a pretty boy !"

The older boy had the urge to face palm right through his head but restrained himself, letting out an awkward laugh.
His mother could be ridiculous sometimes, she was young so she was still allowed to but he silently hoped she was going to keep herself together today because he really didn't want for her to embarrass him.
She was tall with long legs, beautiful long, curly brown hair that was tied into a pony tail and no wrinkles at all. She wore a white frilly top and a cute, black skirt that almost reached her knees. She had large brown eyes, just like Jonghyun and full, pink lips, also just like her son.

The blonde smiled in return, "Oh thank you ma'am, you're so pretty yourself," 
The woman gave Jonghyun a look as if saying that she was already liking this friend of him, letting out a little squeal as she hurried out of the living room to the kitchen in her shiny black heels.

"Wow, how old is your mom ?" The blonde said, looking up at Jonghyun with big eyes. 
Jonghyun chuckled, leading him to the sofa and sitting down on the soft cushions, "She's thirty-seven,"
Kibum gasped, eyes enlarging at hearing the young age of his friend's mother. That meant she was only seventeen when she got pregnant of Jonghyun.

Kibum could tell these were fancy people, with the way they were dressed and the interior and size of their house. They all wore shoes inside and had the most expensive clothing, he immediately regretted that had put on a simple sweater and jeans.

Not a second later mister Kim strolled in, looking slightly surprised to see the two boys sitting there. He wore a white button up and black trousers, very formal. Kibum didn't hesitate to stand up and bow at him, giving him a smile, "Hello mister, so nice to meet you,"

Jonghyun's dad went up to them, eyeing the small boy from head to toe and nodding his head, "Hello there," 
The eldest of the two held his breath, carefully watching his father's every action. His dad wasn't really the serious type. He liked to fool around with him and tell jokes, but first impression was always very important.

"Honey, have you met Kibum yet ?!" Mister Kim shouted at his wife in the kitchen, eyes still locked with the blonde.
"Do you wear contacts ?" He questioned after Mrs. Kim had peeked her head out in the living room, nodding her head at her husband with a grin.
Kibum vigorously shook his head, "No, I have natural blue eyes,"

Mister Kim gave him a thoughtful look before shrugging, "Well, nice to meet you Kibum, I am Jonghyun's father," He said, grinning at his son.
The first thing the blonde had noted when he came face to face with the man was that he was also still very young, probably a couple of years older than his wife.
He assumed that they were both still teenagers when they got Jonghyun, and he was just the slightest bit jealous that his friends had such cool parents, while he on the contrary had boring ones, they weren't even his real parents. Though, he loved them.

He was a bit taller than Jonghyun and had brown hair, hazelnut brown eyes that weren't as big as his son's.

 

Jonghyun looked like his dad, both very handsome. Kibum began to feel uncomfortable under the man's gaze, he fumbled with the hem of his sweater, looking shyly at the ground trying to ignore the intense stare of mister Kim.
"Dad, stop staring him down like that you're scaring him off," Jonghyun said, noticing the younger boy's tense posture and putting his arm around his little waist, pulling him closer. Mister Kim shot him a confused look, eyeing the arm of his son that was wrapped around the much thinner body suspiciously before murmuring an apologise and heading for the kitchen.

As soon as his father disappeared out of sight, Jonghyun retrieved his arm, ignoring the desire  to feel more of the smaller boy's warmth.
"How old is he ?" Kibum asked curiously, already expecting another surprising answer.
"Thirty-nine," Jonghyun answered casually, standing up from the sofa with a grunt when his mom asked them to set the table.

They made their way to the large kitchen where mister and mrs Kim were standing. Mister Kim had his arms around his wife's waist and it looked like they were just about to kiss when the two came disturbing the moment. Much to the blonde's surprise they didn't jump apart or anything and stayed put, whispering at each other. He wasn't used to things like this, because his adoptive parents never did stuff like that.

Their households were completely different. Jongyun ignored his parents, getting four plates out of a cabinet above the counter and carrying them to the dining room.
Kibum followed, blushing a little when he noticed the couple now kissing, quickly scurrying out of the kitchen.

"Your parents are really cute together," Kibum smiled shyly, cheeks still red from what he had witnessed just a few seconds ago.
Jonghyun snorted as he set the table, "If you say so,"
"They seem so in love," The blonde continued, almost sounding dreamy. Jonghyun gave the little boy a long stare, watching how his lithe fingers fumbled with the eating utensils, putting them neatly next to each plate.

"Mom ! Dad ! Stop being all lovey dovey and come here !" He shouted at his parents who were still kitchen doing god knows what. Kibum began blushing heavily when he heard pots and pans clashing against the floor all of a sudden, followed by mister and mrs Kim entering the dining room. What were they even doing in there.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes at them, "Stop fooling around when there's a guest,"
Kibum's blush got heavier, his body warming up from all the embarrassement he went through in only a couple of minutes.

Mister and mrs Kim smiled at their son, not feeling sorry at all. Jonghyun's mother put the food on the table, taking a seat in one of the chairs.
Kibum gave them an awkward smile, shyly pulling at the hem of his sweater. He turned around and pulled the garment off, having a cute tshirt underneath. 

Jonghyun eyed him from the corners of his eyes, heart beat speeding up eratically at seeing a flash of his back. He quickly averted his eyes to his plate, ignoring his parents who watched him suspiciously. Damn it. He should be more discrete next time.

Kibum sat down next to Jonghyun and opposite of mrs Kim, letting them fill his bowl with rice.
"How old are you, Kibum ?" Jonghyun's mom asked him with a smile. The eldest tried to ignore all the questions his parents were going to ask the blonde, they were probably going to ask the most inappropriate, embarrassing things.

"I'm fourteen," Kibum answered, picking up his chopsticks like everybody else.
Mister Kim choked on his good, eyes widening in astonishment. Jonghyun wanted to dig a hole and hide in it for the rest of his life, why were his parents acting as if it's such a big deal.
His mother's face contorted in discomfort, their son was after a fourteen-year-old ?

Kibum sensed the sudden awkward atmosphere, looking at the people surrounding him as if he had said something bad, giving them a concerned expression.

"Ah-uhm, still so young," Mrs Kim said awkwardly, forcing a smile at the boy seated opposite of her.
Kibum nodded cutely, dropping his gaze to his food and poking the rice with his chopstick. This was embarrassing.

"You kind of remind me of a girl," Mister Kim suddenly spoke up, one hand supporting his chin on the table as he inspected the blonde's pretty face.
Jonghyun's head shot up, glaring at his dad. The younger boy's eyes were narrowed, trying not to throw an insult at his elder.

"No wonder Jonghyun gushes about you all the time,"

"I don't -" The nineteen year old quickly tried to save himself from letting them put himself to shame even more, but was cut off by his mom.

"Oh Jonghyun honey, yes you do, you just never realise it,"

Mister Kim nodded at his son, thinking back at all the times when Jonghyun would come home after he went out with Kibum and gush about him the rest of the evening. Sometimes even blushing when he told his dad how adorable the younger boy was when he was shy, or showing his mother pictures of the blonde boy and asking her if she found him cute.

Kibum looked at Jonghyun hesitantly, watching how he slumped back in his chair and try to hide his face, "I hate you two," He murmured at his parents who just laughed and waved him off, turning their attention back to the boy next to him.

A darker shade of red crept on the blonde boy's cheeks when he looked into Jonghyun's eyes, quickly looking away and coming face to face with two grinning parents. Stupid adults.

"Aw, you guys are so precious !" Mrs Kim exclaimed, almost squealing. The food on the table was already long forgotten. Kibum and Jonghhyun weren't that hungry anymore all of a sudden.
He was already nineteen, why were his parents treating him like some puberty hitting little high school boy.

It was none of their business what he felt for Kibum and he most definitely didn't need their help when it came to love, he was already a grown up he could take care of such things himself.

"W-we aren't dating - or something," Kibum said hesitantly, looking down at his food, trying to hide his blush behind his blonde bangs.
Jonghyun felt something pierce through his heart at those words but ignored it, slowly nodding his head, glaring daggers at his dad who saw right through him and chuckled, it almost sound evilly.

"Well then, maybe you guys shoul mind the way you act around each other, otherwise people are going to get the wrong idea of you two," Mister Kim grinned, giving them the 'I know everything' eyes.
Jonghyun just sighed in defeat, picking at the rice in his bowl and trying not too sneak a glance at the pretty blonde next to him.

His parents were unbelievable.

 

***

 

wow, this chapter was pretty long, right ? 
 xxx