soaring

Airborne

 

From his blonde, soft hair to his beautiful blue eyes, perfect shaped lips and prominent cheekbones.

Waking up next to an angel was Kim Jonghyun's, one of the youngest pilots from over the world to co-fly a plane, favourite thing in life.

His eyes fluttered open, meeting big, blue ones that were staring at him. He smiled softly at the younger boy next to him, hand reaching out to tuck a strand of golden blond hair behind his ear, gently caressing his cheek.

He was going to fly to America that day and stay there for two days, leaving his perfect, beautiful angel behind for five days in total. Five days wasn't that long, but his heart still ached at the thought of not being able to wake up like this the following week. Being greeted like this every single morning would be nothing but a fairytale. 

His suitcase was already standing in the corner of their huge room -- zipped up and ready to be taken to the airport. His pilot's uniform was nicely ironed and hanging on a hanger, lifelessly dangling next to the suitcase. His cap was resting atop of the suit case, radiating pride and authority.
Jonghyun was proud of his job, really proud. He was able to discover the entire world, soar above the clouds and spend his time flying in the sky.
It was almost like a dream coming true, the only disadavantage was the fact that he constantly had to leave Kibum behind.

They had a huge house, a mansion. It was only normal for a pilot, let alone one of the world's youngest one, to be rich. Besides, his parents were wealthy as well and they had given him this house, along with maids and servants who lived there and took care of the household and Kibum.
The young boy was only seventeen years old and had no idea of who his parents were. One of them had to be foreign, seeing as he had natural blond hair and bright, blue eyes.


They had met three years ago, Kibum was only fourteen years old and Jonghyun nineteen, but the eldest immediately fell head over heels for Kibum when he first saw him walking around with his adoptive parents at a festival, despite the huge age difference. He was just so perfect.
He was still studying back then and obtained his private pilot's license a few weeks later. 

It didn't take long or Kibum was already sixteen and continued turning into a beautiful, young boy and the more he changed into an adult, the more Jonghyun realised that he was the one. They started dating and Kibum's adoptive parents couldn't be any happier for the young boy. He just seemed so unbelievably happy.
Jonghyun studied another seven months to get his IFR rating and was allowed to fly around the world after that, asking Kibum to move in with him since he had a huge house solely for him and he felt lonely, even though he had dozens of maids and servants.

Kibum's parents had six other kids to take care of and they were already getting old, so they didn't mind if Kibum went to live with the older boy. Besides, they didn't live that far away from each other, Kibum could still visit them whenever he wanted.
A month later or so, Jonghyun was eligible to co-fly a plane and to be nominated as the youngest co-pilot of Korea. They both knew that if Jonghyun accepted the offer of becoming a co-pilot of one of the biggest ailines that he wouldn't have time left for his boyfriend anymore.

Kibum gave him permission after days and days of contemplation and tears. He didn't want Jonghyun to leave him but neither did he want him to stay grounded with him on the floor. If his dream was to become a pilot, if his dream was to soar above the clouds, then it would be selfish to keep him with him glued to earth.

Jonghyun stepped out of bed, letting the younger boy sleep out a little longer and silently descended the stairs after leaving a soft kiss on his forehead. The gentle smile he got in return was utterly heartmelting.

He went to the kitchen, smiling at the maids that were at his service and politely waving them off, telling them that he could take care of himself. They just nodded, bowing a ninety degree and leaving again like the well mannered employees they were.

He rubbed his face in exhaustion, walking over to the huge refrigirator and grabbing a carton of milk. It was five a.m. and he had to be at the airport at seven, there was still plenty of time left to eat breakfast, put on his clothes and let his driver take him there.
He poured some milk in a glass, drinking all of it in one go before making his way to the big board mounted on the wall that had his schedule on it, drawing a red circle around the arrival date of when he would be back in Korea.

He had let someone assemble the board there so that all of his servants knew when he would be home and when not, so that they could make an arrangement among them when who could go home and who had to stay to take care of the house and Kibum.

His employees had actually quite the luxury life too, even though they did this for a living. They were provided of free food, a bed and the rights to do whatever they wanted to in spite of their daily, committed chores and when one of the housekeepers needed them. They really had nothing to lose, plus they had a really good pay and worked for the sweestest couple ever.

Jonghyun looked at the schedule, calculating how many days he had left to spend with Kibum until his next vacation and came with the result of only five days in a month.
He sighed internally, heart aching at the mere thought of leaving Kibum behind in this huge mansion with nothing to do save for studying and playing cards with one of their servants.

Kibum still went to school, he was homeschooled the first few months after he moved in with Jonghyun but he began to miss his old friends and teachers, so that's why Jonghyun allowed him to go back there. With a lot of hesitance of course, just because he was so protective over him. The mere thought of someone breaking his perfect, procelain skin made his blood boil.

He didn't notice he had been staring at the board until the young boy dressed in only one of his white, button-up shirts stepped into the tiled kitchen.
Jonghyun smiled at the sight, leaning against the wall next to the schedule waiting for the cute boy to approach him.
Kibum rubbed his eyes, before smiling back at his boyfriend and with his arms outstretched scurrying over to him, instantly wrapping his skinny arms around the other's neck when he came in reach. Jonghyun enveloped him in a hug, burrying his nose in the creamy, white neck of his lover and inhaling the sweet scent that seemed to always linger around the boy.
He smelled minty, as if he just stepped out of the shower and his blonde hair smelled like a thousand pretty flowers.

Kibum was smaller than him (with their age difference of five years it was only normal) therefore he had to bend a little to be able to wrap his arms around the tiny waist.

"Sir, I just got a call from mister Woo that he has a fever and won't be able to bring you to school today," one of the maids said, ruining their little morning moment. They broke apart and Kibum gave the maid a sweet smile, "Okay, I'll just go by bus,"
Jonghyun frowned, giving him an incredulous look before saying, "No, you're not," He protested, turning his attention to the maid and ordering her to call someone else instead.

He refused to let Kibum use the bus for several reasons. The last thing on earth he wanted was to see his delicate angel getting hurt. Not that he would get hurt in a bus, but he was one hundred procent sure that nothing would happen to him if he was brought by car, so that was exactly how he was going to school and in no other way.

"I can take care of myself, you know," Kibum said in that cute accent of his. Jonghyun wasn't sure where it came from, maybe one of his parents was Scandinavian, maybe American. His looks were definitely not from Korea or Asia in general. As for the accent, it could be from anywhere. Jonghyun guessed it had something to do with his foreign blood. Either way, the accent was adorable and suited him perfectly.

"No, you can't," Jonghyun teased, once again pulling him closer by the waist with a sly smile. Kibum's bright blue eyes pierced right through his, a tiny smile playing on those luscious lips. "For your information, I'm not a baby,"
Jonghyun snickered, "Yes you are, you are my baby,"
The younger boy had to refrain himself for slapping his forehead, the cheesy remark making his cheeks tint a rosy pink and his heart to skip a beat.
 

Jonghyun patted his after a while, telling him to put on other clothes and ordered one of the maids to make him breakfast. Kibum did as he was told, giving him a seductive smile before swaying his way out of the huge kitchen, making sure that the shirt rode up just a little bit to give his boyfriend a better view of his perfectly sculpted thighs, blonde hair bouncing up and down with every step he took.

Jonghyun grinned, holding back the urge to run after him and lock themselves up in their room. 
Because unfortunately for him, he didn't have any time to have a little fun with Kibum.

There was a sudden melody in the living room indicating that someone was at the gate and heard one of his servants push the button to answer, followed by a greeting, "Good morning, how can I help you ?"

Jonghyun kept listening carefully as he put the carton of milk back in the refigirator.
"Sir, mister Park is here," The servant informed Jonghyun when he stepped into the livingroom. Jonghyun smiled, "Okay, tell him to wait,"
He quickly made his way upstairs to their shared bedroom to take a quick shower and put on his uniform. They didn't live particullary close to the airport therefore his driver, mister Park, always had to come pick him up an hour and a half beforehand.

Kibum was sitting on the bed when he got out of the bathroom after a couple of minutes, packing his stuff for school but still dressed in only Jonghyun's shirt. Their eyes met and Jonghyun noticed sadness flash through Kibum's bright, blue orbs. He gave him an apologetic look, grabbing his uniform and walking all the way to the big bed in the center of their master bedroom.
He pulled the young boy in his lap and gave him a loving kiss, "I'm sorry," He whispered against his lover's pink lips. Kibum forced a smile, shrugging and climbing back onto the mattress to  finish packing his books.

 

He felt sorry to leave him behind, but on the other side he was also really excited to fly to America, it was just such an awesome experience to be able to fly around the world.
He rose from the bed with a sigh and started stripping off his clothes and pulling on his uniform. Kibum watched him, crawling over to him on the bed and balancing himself on his knees to fix Jonghyun's tie. They shared a soft kiss as Kibum put a knot in the tie, fixing the colar of his white shirt. 

He wrapped his skinny arms around Jonghyun's neck, kissing his cheek gently and pulling him in for a hug. "Don't go," He murmured, changing his position so that he could wrap his long legs around the other's waist.

Jonghyun chuckled and hoisted him up, bumping him a bit higher on his hip.
"I have to," Jonghyun smiled as Kibum put his head on his shoulder. He walked them to his suitcase and let Kibum slide out of his grasp, grabbing his cap and placing it on his brown hair.

He put on his uniform jacket and pulled at the handle of the suitcase, smiling at his lover before proceeding to go down the stairs.
Kibum followed suit, coming to a stop at the last step of the stairs, watching how Jonghyun adjusted the cap on his head and giving a couple of the maids orders. He sat down on the step, supporting his face in his hands as he watched his busy boyfriend.

Jonghyun noticed him after all the maids had received their orders and scurried away, walking over to the stairs and crouching down so that he was on eyelevel with the younger boy.

"I'll miss you," He gave Kibum one of his handsome smiles, but the boy just jutted out his bottom lip in return.

"I'll miss you, too," The youngest whispered after a couple of seconds, pout still evident on his face.

Jonghyun chuckled, leaning in to leave a sweet kiss on the other's pink lips and pull him in for a hug, whispering 'I love you's in his ear before retreating his hands and standing back up, walking to the door. 

Kibum jumped up and followed him, standing in the door opening as Jonghyun let his driver take his suitcase and put it in the trunk of the car that was now parked in front of the door.
The eldest quickly whispered in the maid's ear to take good care of the blonde, smiling and thanking her when she eagerly nodded her head.

Kibum stood on his tippy toes to give his boyfriend one, final kiss before letting go and allowing him to step inside the black, shiny car.
Jonghyun waved at him, flashing him a smile before closing the door.
The windows were tinted black, preventing Kibum from seeing him.

One of the maids called him back inside, telling him that his breakfast was ready and that the driver who'd bring him to school could arrive any time soon.
He gave her a brief smile before turning back to watch how the car disappeared out of sight.

He'll be back.

 

 

***

 

ah ~ the sattisfying feeling of finishing a chapter ~
Did you like it ? 

It saddens me that "lollipops and compliments" is coming to an end /sob
no really. 

Okay, so, the poster is nothing special. I know. The background is barely noticeable. I know. and was this first chapter too angsty . I don't know. (yet)

I hope you did enjoy the fluff, 
and I also hope that you're okay with the fact that Kibum is blonde, has blue eyes and has an accent in this story. LOL.
I don't know I was just kind of getting sick of the brown hair in my other story, so I thought that maybe it'd be a good idea to make a Scandinavian-like god out of him. LOL. so yeah, I hope you're okay with it. and also with the age difference. AND with the fact that he's shorter than Jonghyun in here.

haha.

so many differences, I hope you don't mind. Please tell me you don't mind. and if you do, then just act as if you don't. /sob

do comment, subscribe and all that other typical author's want their subbies to do. trololol.