Happy Holiday, ijustwantacue

Who's My IGOT7 Secret Santa? 2018 GxB [The Big Reveal is online! // News from 2018.12.31]

Gift for ijustwantacue

Gift from ?????

Title: A Happy Furry Tale

Pairing: April (Reader)/JB

How many words:
6885


Rating:

Warning: Mention of bullying and suicide

Note to my giftee:
Hi to my giftee!

Advance Merry Christmas.

I hope you’ll like this story. This has the same concept as the fave fic you provided. But I made sure to make it inspirational as you have said you want to learn something from it. Hopefully, you’ll have a new perspective about happiness through this story. And I also hope this will bring joy to you.

I also hope we can be friends after the big reveal! Let’s meet soon!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Happy Furry Tale

Mornings will always be my favorite thing in the world. A new blank page of your life to write on. New chances for opportunities but also a chance to commit mistakes. But either of the two, it will always be a lesson learned on your book.

The sun shines brightly on my face as I went out of my apartment building. Busy streets full of cars and sidewalk with hurrying people. I cross the street to enter my favorite coffee shop. I ordered my

daily dose of hot choco drink. "Hot choco for April." The barista called. I claimed my drink and walked out of the café. I then started walking again to the nearest bus stop.

While waiting for the bus I felt something touched my ankle and to my surprise, I saw a cute cat rubbing his head to me. I can't help but pet him. He's too adorable. He's a black and white cat with two cute little spots on top of his left eye. I held him with one hand and saw his collar tag. His tag has a heart shaped pendant with letter "J" engraved to it. "Hi there, J." I greeted as I carry him and sit on the bench. I put down my drink and started cuddling the cat. Unfortunately, I cannot stay any longer with him as the bus arrived. I put him down and bid my goodbye. I grabbed my drink and entered the bus. I chose the seat beside the window so I can take one last look at the cat

The cute kitty is still on the spot where I put him. He's sitting there looking at me as if he's telling me to adopt him. I know I have said it earlier, but I have to say it once again. HE'S TOO ADORABLE that I actually want to have him. But I can't because, one, he probably has an owner. And two, the bus already took off. My eyes are still stuck on him. He stood up, walked and run as if he's chasing the bus but stopped as the bus moves faster. I felt sad seeing his image fade as I will never get another chance to see my furry friend.

---------

It was a long day at work and the sun is about to set. Unfortunately, I have to stand on the bus due to rush hour. But it wasn't that long when we reach the first bus stop and I got a chance to have a seat. Finally, I can relax. I thought of having pasta for dinner tonight but

I'm too lazy to cook.

I took my earphone out of my bag and started playing my Twice playlist. Listening to music makes my bus ride complete. It was on the seventh track when I finally reached my bus stop. I got off the bus immediately as I need to drop by the convenient store to buy my dinner.

While walking my way to the convenient store I felt someone following me. So, I walked faster than my normal pace until I safely reached the store. I look outside to check who is following me but to no one is there. I took a basket, put all the food I want to eat and pay.

I walked outside the store and it seems to be safe to walk alone. There are more people outside compared earlier so I walk with ease but still I felt someone following. I'm so scared to look behind me but I still took the courage to peek. I was again surprise that there is no one behind me until I heard a cute meow. It's my furry friend I met on the bus stop this morning!

"You scared me!" I say as I got down to pet him. And next thing I knew, I'm in my house with my adorable new friend. I boiled some water for my ramen and put the instant rice in the microwave. I also started frying the kimchi, then the tuna and lastly the rice. This is the best dinner ever. Kimchi fried rice with ramen!

I munch on my food while the cute kitty munches on his fair share of tuna. After eating, I clean up the dishes and immediately rush to the living room to watch my favorite drama. I love Friday evening because I can stay late all night without worrying of working the next day.

I'm laying on my couch comfortably when the cat got up the couch and started rubbing his face into mine. He's such a sweet little one. I kiss and hug him tight before I have fallen asleep.

---------

I woke up to the sunlight that radiates my face. I slowly got up to stretch and realizes I'm on my bed. It weirded me out because I cannot remember how I got there. Suddenly, I hear some noise in my kitchen. I hear plates and utensils being set up on the table. It also seems like someone is cooking there. I went out of bed to see who was in there. I opened my door with a small gap and sneak into it.

I'm surprise to see a man in my kitchen. He's wearing a white loose shirt and black short. I can only see his back but I can tell his shoulders are so broad. He's also seems to be muscular. I got so scared so I decided to call the police. I look for my phone all over my room and realizes I left it on my living room last night.

I know I won't win against him but as a defense mechanism, I ran to my bookshelf and pick the thickest book to use as my weapon. I went out of my room and silently tip toed to my kitchen so that the man won't notice me. I'm just a feet away from him when I smashed his head with the book.

"AW!" The man cried. The spatula on his hand drops and so are his knees on the floor while both of his hands holding his head.

"WHO ARE YOU?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE. I WILL CALL THE POLICE!" I shout at him while slapping him with the book.

"STOP, PLEASE. LET ME EXPLAIN." He shouts while defending

himself from my attacks.

I continue hitting him with the book while he covers his head with his arms. He slowly got up and his chest bumped my face which hurts and got me scared more. So I stopped hitting him and stepped back a little but still ready to fight him anytime.

He removed his hands in front of him and reveals his face. His eyes are small but beautiful. He have two little moles on top of his left eye. His nose is point while is lips are thin. His hair is in a blueish gray color and he's totally rockin' that mullet. But even though he looks gorgeous I shouldn't be mesmerized by it because he might be a bad guy.

"WHO ARE YOU!" I shouted.

"It's me." He said.

"Who? I don't know you!"

"You can't recognize me?" He asks as he walks near me. He lowers his face closer to mine and to my shock I once again attack him. But this time he was able to catch my hand before the book lands his head. The book then falls on my foot.

"OUCH!" I cried the pain out as I sit on the floor.

"I'm sorry." The man says and the next thing I know I'm on his arms being carried into the living room. I then notice the man's necklace. It has a very similar pendant to the one my furry friend have.

He then lays me on the couch and he ran his way to the kitchen to get some ice from my fridge.

"Do you have any towel?" The man asked.

"There's a towel in my bathroom." I say as I point out the door next to my bedroom. He hurriedly goes inside the bathroom and comes back immediately to put the ice on my injured foot.

"I'm so sorry." The man says.

"Who the hell are you?"

"It's me."

"Who?" I ask with a confuse tone and expression.

The man then points to his necklace showing me pendant. "I'm your cat." He exclaims.

I laugh at the man's confession but he just returns the confuse expression to me. He then points out to his two little moles which my cat also has.

"Sorry, mister. But I don't have time for some prank. Please leave my house while I'm still being nice to you." I say.

"I'm not joking. This is me, your cat, JB."

"Oh so you have a name. JB, will you please leave my house now." I say as I walk to my door and open it.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." The man says as he goes out of my house.

---------

My weekend usually end up with me reading the new book I bought. I'm enjoying my soft couch and hot chocolate drink when my door bell rings. I stand up and immediately open the door.

"Hi!" I'm surprise to see my neighbor, who lives next door, with his little son holding a cat. Well, my missing cat.

"Oh, hi! Mrs. Roberts, How can I help you?" I reply.

"I'm just here to ask if this is your cat?" She asks.

"Oh my god, where did you find him?" I ask.

"He's in front of your door."

My cat then jumps out of the little boy's cuddle and rubs his face into his leg as if it's saying thank you. Then runs inside my house and sits in the middle of the living room.

"It's my first time seeing your cat. Since when did you had him?" My neighbor asks.

"I found him on the street last night. He's not actually mine. I'm just taking him in until I find the real owner."

"Oh, I see. I thought he is yours. He sits still in front of your door since this morning when I took out the trash. And then when I had to do an errand in the grocery he was still here. Now, I have to take my son to the playground and we saw him again."

"Really? I never thought or realize he's here. He never did any

noise." I reply. "Anyway, thank you, Mrs. Roberts."

"You're welcome."

"Can I visit your cat while he is still with you?" The little boy then asks.

"Of course! Anytime you want." I reply and the boy smiles.

The mom and son then greeted me bye to continue their afternoon visit at the playground. I then close my door and turn to see the man seated on my couch.

"Hey!" He greeted.

"How the hell did you get inside!" I screamed at him.

"I told you I'm the cat." He responds.

"You really think I will buy that?"

"Then, where's your cat?"

"He probably run into my room." I say as I walk into it to look for him but found nothing.

"Or in the ba- there you are." I found him just outside my bedroom door. "Here he is." I point to my cat and was surprise to see the man gone on the couch. "Where the hell did he go?" I walk to my kitchen to see if he is there. And just as I find my kitchen empty the man whispers to my ears. "I told you I'm the cat."

I jolt to his words and turned to the man. His face is few inches

away from me which gives me shivers. His eyes pierced to mine as I step back a bit to give us space from each other.

"How can you prove that foolishness?" I ask.

"Turn around." He says. "Count to three then look back at me."

I did what he told me and slowly turn my back at him. One, I count in my head and close my eyes. Two, I breathe deeply. Three, open my eyes and slowly turn to look at him.

He's gone.

But the cat is now right in front of me. Sitting still, looking at me. I'm shock and didn't want to believe it. "This can't be true." I whisper. The cat then meows and smirks at me like he's giving me that I-told-you look.

The cute creature then stands up and walks toward me while my eyes stuck on him. He then pass by me and I froze. Before I can even turn to look at him again, a voice talks.

"Do you believe me now?" And I turn to see the man again with his hands crossed in his chest.

---------

"Help you with what?" I ask as I place the tray of snacks in my coffee table and offered the man.

"I believe you heard what I have just said." The man replies as he dunks the oatmeal cookie to the hot chocolate.

"Yeah. I heard it clearly, sir. Everything just doesn't seems to be real. Anyway, how can I help you?"

"Don't call me 'sir'. I have a name and it's JB."

"Okay, JB. How can we break this spell you have?"

"I need to make three people happy. But I can't make it all by myself because they see me as a cat."

"I'm the only one who can see you as a human?"

"Yes." JB replies.

"How?"

"You adopted me. Whoever gave me this spell also gave me an upper hand."

"What do you mean?"

Somehow, the person who casted the spell also gave JB a chance of help from someone as it is difficult for him to break the spell in the cat form. JB explained that the person who willingly adopts him will be able to see him in his human body and will also be the one who can help him break the spell.

To break the spell, he needs to make three people genuinely happy. In return for the favor, JB offered to grant one wish of mine once we succeed.

"Thank you for adopting me." JB sincerely says.

"You're such a cute cat. How can I not -" I was cut off due to the tight hug from JB.

"I really thank you. You don't know how much I wanted to get back to my normal life." He says.

"No more thank you, please." I say as I tap his back as a sign for him to let go. And he did. Our eyes met and I smile at him widely.

"I honestly want you to stay as a cat but let's break that spell." ---------

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to help you all week. I was busy at work." I say as I prepare our breakfast.

"It's okay. I understand that." JB replies as patiently wait for his scrambled egg.

"Anyway, we can roam around the town and see if we can bring any smile for someone today!" I say enthusiastically!

"Really?" JB asks.

"Of course! I do not have any plans today aside from helping my furry friend."

"Thank you so much!"

"Here you go." I say as I pass his food.

"I'm going to finish this fast so we can start breaking this spell." He

says as he gives me a warm smile.

"Are you ready to break the spell?" I ask as I went out of my bedroom. While JB is patiently waiting for me in the living room watching the weekend morning news.

"I ‘am!" He says as he stood up and immediately run out of my apartment.

"Wait for me!" I shout as I run to chase him. Outside, I saw him back into his cat form. He meows and starts walking. I follow him as he walks his way out of the apartment building. My eyes are on him while I think of how could a man like him be cursed. He seems to be a nice guy. We've been living under one roof for a week already but he never tried doing something bad to me. He's always been patient and understanding to me.

I never asked him the reason why he was cursed neither he told me about it. I thought maybe it is too personal for him to share it. I'm afraid to ask because I didn't want to offend him and turn our relationship into an awkward-strangers-living-together again.

Last Tuesday night, while we were eating our dinner he told me that he's already getting attached to me. He said he is very thankful of me for taking care of him and he wants to protect me as well. I almost choked on my mac and cheese hearing it. However, he clarified that he meant it as a friend. Like, a best friend, which he also revealed he never had.

That's weird. How can someone never have a best friend. Regardless of that, I told him I can be his best friend which made him so happy. After that night, he became more comfortable around

me. He starts joking, singing to random songs in front of me and even dancing to Twice's tracks with me. Which makes me think why he still isn't comfortable opening up about his curse.

While deeply thinking about these thoughts, I saw JB stopped and stared in a group of kids circled around in the playground. The group seems to have a little riot. And as I observe it, I realized that there is a little boy inside the circle which I assumed is being bullied by the others. JB runs fast toward them and entered the circle. He then meows angrily to the group of bullies. But the kids didn't mind him. So he meows more and more. This dude thinks he's a lion that can scare children. But no, one of the kids got annoyed and kicked him.

"Oh my god, JB!" I shout as I run into him.

The little boy being bullied also runs into him. To my surprise, it is Mrs. Roberts' son. "Don't kick him!" He shouts to the other kids. The little boy covered JB using his body and hugs him tightly. But the kids act like they didn't hear him as one of the bullies tries to kick the both of them. Fortunately, I was able to reach them before he could even do it.

"Hey! Stop it!" I shout and the pack run away as fast as they could.

"Are you okay?" I ask the boy.

"Yeah." He answers as he wipes his tears with one of his hand while the other holds JB. "Here's your cat." He says as he hands me JB.

"Thank you." I reply and takes JB from him. "Let's get you home." I say.

"I don't want to get home yet. Can I play with your cat for a while?" He asks.

"Sure. The two of you can play in my house. I'll prepare some snacks too. Do not worry, I'll let your mom know you're with me." I offered politely.

The boy smiled and we walked together back to our apartment building. I told the receptionist to tell Mrs. Roberts that his son is with me. The boy excitedly plays with JB in my living room while I prepare snacks. I can hear his cute giggles which makes me smile too. No more tears in the little boy's eyes. It's now all laughs and smiles.

"Here's some cookies and chocolate drink." I say as I place the tray of snacks on the coffee table. "Thank you!" The boy says. "You're cat is so funny." He adds.

"Do you like him?" I ask.

"I love him. I always wanted to have a cat. So I can have a friend. But mommy can't afford to buy me." He reply. "I hope we can find his owner. But I will be sad. I won't be able to play with him again." He adds.

"I think he will be with us longer that we thought." I reply.

"Really?"

"Yes. No one is claiming him yet."

The boy then hugs JB so tight and kisses him.

"He is now my friend. My only friend." The boy says and some tears fell from his eyes.

"Oh no. Don't cry." I say and offers him a hug. And the little boy and JB rests in my warm hug. "You are his only friend too. He is so happy to have you as well." I add.

"Please do not tell mom what you saw."

"I won't." I say as I look at the boy. "Go ahead and eat some cookies." I say and he did. He wipes his tears and then dunks the cookies into the hot chocolate. JB then rests on the boy's lap. After eating the snack, the three of us continued playing. He also stayed for lunch. I prepared some pasta which he really like. We also watched couple of Disney movies until afternoon.

As we are about to finish The Lion King, someone knocks on my door. I walk to open it and saw Mrs. Roberts.

"Hi, Mrs. Roberts." I greet.

"Hi."

"Mom!" The little boy happily run to his mom and hug her tightly.

"Reggie!"

"I played with JB." He says as he points to JB who is sitting behind us.

"Is that his name?"

"Yes. Isn't he cute, mom?"

"Yes. He is so cute. Did you had fun playing with him?" The mom asks.

"So much fun. She is actually letting me play with him again. Can I play with him tomorrow again?"

"Of course you can."

"Thank you so much, mommy!" Reggie says and hugs his mom again.

"Let's get home now." The mom says.

"Let me just say good bye to JB." The boy says as he run to JB and give him one last hug. "See you tomorrow." He says as he lay JB down the floor.

"Thank you, April" Reggie says and hugs me as well. "You're welcome." I reply.

"Thank you so much, April. You don't know how much this means to me." Mrs. Roberts says with teary eyes. She then tightly hugs me. The mother and son then walks their way home. I close the door and turn to see JB back to his human form standing behind me.

He is crying.

"I was bad boy when I was young. I was a bully." He said. I walk to him and comforted him. "But you changed, right?" He did not answer me.

"I did horrible things, April." He said. "That's the reason why I'm cursed." He confessed.

JB was a bad boy. The worst. That's how he described himself. He used to bully his classmates. There was one in particular. He did not mention the name but as JB describe him, he is the most naive guy in class. JB enjoyed teasing and picking on him so much. Saying the most hurtful words in the dictionary. Doing the worst pranks ever existed.

Until one day, JB went to school and all eyes are on him. He was confused as to why it is happening. He then reached his seat and saw a letter from the guy. On the paper wrote "I don't know why you hate me so much. But I will no longer bother you. I'm sorry."

Later on, JB found out that the guy tried to take his own life. But thank God, he was saved. JB felt so guilty about it. However, he never had the chance to apologize to the guy as he already transferred school after recovering. While JB's parents sent him into a boarding school abroad to change himself.

"When I saw Reggie being bullied, I know I need to do something. Because I know something worst can happen in the future." JB says. "I want to change, April. I want to be a better person." He adds.

"You learned your lesson from that, don't you? I guess you never did that again." I say but he did not answer.

"I became a monster."

He finished high school and college abroad away from his family. Distance between his loved ones and the guilt of his mistake turned him into a cold hearted person. After college, JB went back home to

take over his family's business as his father retires. Their business grew bigger and better with his supervision. But JB isn't the best boss. As he said, he is a monster boss. His employees fear him. He is cold heart with a business is business mind set. Work is the priority. Never paid attention to his employees well being.

"I deserve to be cursed." He said. And I agree to that! He needs to learn his lessons and I think he is learning it because of his vulnerability now. Realizing his mistake more because of his current situation. His curse have opened up his eyes to the realities of the world.

"You have to change once we break this spell." I say.

"Of course. I will." He says.

---------

I woke up as JB barge into my room. It was not a great idea to leave my room unlocked. "Wake up, sleepyhead. We need to make someone happy today!" He says as he slid the my curtain and the sun radiates my face once again. "Get out of my room!" I shout and JB obediently went out.

After eating our breakfast, we got ready to go out. As we go out of my apartment, I realized that JB is still in his human form.

"Hey. Turn into a cat. We're outside." I say.

"What? I'm in my cat form." He replies

"No, you're not!"

"It doesn't matter. Other people can't see my human form. I already told you about that."

"Hi, April!" A woman behind me greets. I turn to see Mrs. Roberts with Reggie. "Oh I didn't know you have a visitor. Is he your boyfriend?"

"Boyfriend? Who?"

"Him." She says as she points to JB.

"Me?!" JB says, his eyes popping out of surprise.

"You can see him?!" I ask.

"Of course! He's very handsome, April."

"She can see me." JB whispered to me.

"I know." I whispered back.

"Anyway, I'm here to drop Reggie. He wants to play with JB again. I hope you don't mind." Mrs. Roberts says.

"Oh no, I don't. But JB..."

"Where's JB?" Reggie asks with concern.

"Uhm, JB is-"

"He's at the doctor." JB answers Reggie. "I'm his owner. I'm Jaebum." He adds as he offers a handshake to Reggie and then to Mrs. Roberts.

"What happened to JB?" Reggie asks.

"Uhm, he has some stomach ache." JB replies with hesitation. "Anyway, when I picked him up last night, JB told me he had a new friend named Reggie. And I assume it's you, mister." He adds.

"Yes!" Reggie proudly replies. "Can I visit him?" He then asks.

"As the doctor advised, he cannot have any visitors as of the moment." Obviously, Reggie isn't happy about it. "But I promised him to play with his new friend." JB adds. "Would you like to play with me?" JB asks as he lowers himself to Reggie. The little boy smiled widely.

JB and Reggie played the whole day. Tried played hide-and-seek and realized my apartment is too small to find good hiding spots. So they went to the playground while I stayed to cook our lunch. They went back when they felt hungry and munch on my special pasta dish. After eating they watched movies. Apparently, they both like musicals and enjoyed The Greatest Showman. Reggie also stayed for dinner and didn't want to go home. He enjoy being with JB. And so is JB to Reggie. They watched more movies until Reggie fell asleep.

JB and I decided to bring Reggie home. He carried him while I lead him the way to Reggie's home. I knock on the door and Mrs. Roberts opens it. "Oh my god, I'm sorry for this." She immediately says as she saw her sleeping son. "It's okay." I say.

"Thank you so much. I can have him now." She says.

"It's okay. I'll bring him to his room." JB offers.

"Thank you so much. Please come in." She says. "That's our room." She adds as she point to the bedroom. JB immediately brings Reggie to his room. Mrs. Roberts and I were left in the living room. "Thank you so much, April." She says.

"You're welcome, Mrs. Roberts. I like having Reggie coming over. My house lights up and becomes happier." I reply.

"He's a heavy sleeper." JB says as he went out of the room. "He is." Mrs. Roberts reply.

"We have to go now. Good night, Mrs. Roberts." I say.

"I really thank the both you." She says and hugs us at the same time. "You brought so much joy to my son. Specially the cat." She says and tears fall down her eyes.

"Are you okay?" JB asks.

"I ‘am! In fact I'm very happy right now. These are just tears of joy." She replies.

Mrs. Roberts told us that Reggie rarely goes out of their house after his father died 2 years ago. His dad is the only friend he had. She always drop Reggie to the playground so he can make friends. But he is not good in making friends. He's shy and very introverted.

One day, Reggie asks if he can come to the playground alone. Mrs. Roberts was happy about it and agreed. She thought maybe Reggie is already coming out of his comfort zone. But the truth it Reggie just doesn't want her to see him being teased by other kids. She is aware of Reggie being bullied but never told her son that she knew

it.

When Reggie went home last night he was very happy. She told us he never saw him that happy for a long time. She is very thankful how JB, the cat, helped his son cope up to loneliness. "He was genuinely happy last night." She says. "And my son's happiness is my very own happiness too."

We felt Mrs. Roberts sincere thankfulness as we went back home. JB is smiling the whole time. "I felt so happy knowing that I'm part of someone's happiness." He said.

"Speaking of that, maybe that is the reason why they can see you now. Because you made them happy. Maybe the spell is already broken."

"No. It's not yet broken."

"Then, how can they see you? Also, how sure are you it's not yet broken?"

"I do not know how and this necklace is still here." He says. The necklace will be the sign if JB is already curse free. JB tried taking off the necklace ever since he was cursed. He tried every way to do so but none worked. He said it will be magically gone once the spell is broken. "But as you can see it's still very intact." He adds as he pulls the necklace and to his surprise it broke. "Woops. Didn't see it coming."

"See I told you! The necklace is broken and so is the spell." I insisted.

"It's broken but it is not gone." He argued. "Let's say I made Reggie genuinely happy like what Mrs. Roberts said. But he's just one person. We need 2 more to break it."

"Didn't you heard what Mrs. Roberts said?" I say. "Reggie's happiness is her happiness too. It's hitting two birds with one stone." I add.

"I don't think that theory is right."

"JB, happiness can be passed on. Happiness isn't always about your own happiness. It isn't always about receiving the happiness first hand. Sometimes it's just seeing your loved ones happy. Seeing them laugh and smile makes your heart jumps with joy. Second handedly receiving the happiness of others. Experiencing the bits of their happiness."

JB reflects on the things that I said. He thought I made some good point and agreed with me. With that, he became more enthusiastic to spread the happiness to the world. "Let's go and find our one last happiness receiver." He says as he gives me his necklace. "Please keep it." He adds.

"Why?" I ask.

"I don't want it to get lost. I don't have any pockets." And I agree to his favor.

---------

This must be the loneliest Wednesday night of my life. I had a bad day at work. I was scolded by my boss. He didn't like the design I

made for the new packaging of our product. He didn't directly insulted my designs but the way he told me his feedbacks felt like he is degrading it. I open my door and enter my apartment.

"Welcome home." JB greets. "I cooked some mac and cheese. Did you have your dinner?" He smiles.

I appreciate JB's kindness to me. He's been a nice roommate. He's taking care of me like what he said he wanted to do. He cooks for me and even cleans my house. He waits for me to get home safely. Last Monday night, I got out of work really late. And I saw JB waiting for me on the bus stop. He said he was very worried and knows I will be scared to walk alone that night. He even teased me about when I got scared of walking alone the night I adopted him.

I smiled back to JB but thru my eyes reflect my real emotion while his eyes showed concern. "What's the problem?" One question and I started to break down. I can't hold back my feelings. I hug him so tight and dig my head into his chest. I can feel his arms wrap around me which give me comfort. And somehow eases my sadness.

"What's wrong?" He asks again.

"I'm sorry." I reply as I release the hug and wipe my tears. "I really just needed a hug. Thank you." I add.

Eventually, I told him everything that happened at work and he comforted me. The way he did it was different. JB is such a mature man with full of wisdom. He told me to understand my boss' situation as well. He might be stressed out of work too and didn't mean to hurt my feelings in that way. Which in fact, I agree. My boss never treated me that way before. This is actually the first time. That

is maybe why I felt upset with his choice of words.

JB told me he feels what my boss feels because he is a boss himself. He revealed that most of the time he have blurted the meanest words to his employees but never really wanted to hurt them that way. He is just stressed out of work and loses his control. But he felt guilty afterwards.

He also told me that any kind of comments or feedback, whether it is negative or positive. Or in what ever kind of way it was thrown to me, I should accept it wholeheartedly. "Those words will be the fuel to your burning desire." JB said. I truly got what he meant. Instead of letting hurtful words affect me, I should use them to motivate myself to do better and even beat my best.

But also, he told me to know my worth. I should always keep in mind that I'm worthy of praise and apprecaition in something I'm passionate about. However, he reminded me that I cannot also please everyone. It will still take a lot of hard work before I can get someone's respect.

"Crying is okay. Being hurt is okay. But it will never be okay to surrender to sadness. Some believe that we create our own happiness. But I don't. What I believe in is, we create our own sadness. That's why I don't really like this mission of mine to bring happiness to people. I mean, people always have happiness in their hearts. But at some certain time of their life they let themselves surrender to sadness. That's what I did. I let myself be trapped in dark and heavy side of life. At first I never wanted to be a human again. Aside from it's fun being a cat, I really don't know how I can make people happy because of what I believe in. But the strangers that pet me, kids that played with me and even beggars who shared

their food all helped me realize that there is a light at the end of a dark tunnel. They reminded me of happiness that is hidden for a long time in my heart. So I brought it out again and decided to help other people do the same. I want to help others bring back their own happiness."

JB's kind words melted my heart. Tears fell from my eyes. But now they are tears of joy. JB is like an unexpected present I never asked for. Helped me see things differently and learn a lot. He's a miracle.

"Never let sadness overtake. Remember that there is always happiness in here." He said as he points into his heart. And I smiled back to him. No words can express how grateful I ‘am for those words of encouragement.

Suddenly, a music in the background plays. JB is started playing Twice's Three Times A Day.

"I know you love them and dancing is your de-stressing method." JB says. "Let's dance?" He asks as he offer his hand and I accept.

We dance in my living room. We made weird and funny dance steps that didn't match the beat. We laugh at how silly are moves are. And then he grabs my hand and place it on his shoulder. While his hands on my waist. We move slowly to left and right, still didn't match the mid tempo song. We're just looking at each other smiling like fools. I cannot describe this moment. Surreal? Magical? Perfect? None of the words on the dictionary is applicable.

JB held my hand, put it up and spins me around. After a turn, I open my eyes to an empty living room. And JB is nowhere to be found.

---------

Three days have passed, still no signs from JB. What happened that night was weird. But it didn't freak me out that much. I mean, I adopted a cat that turned into a human and then suddenly disappeared. I'm now basically immuned to supernatural scenarios.

I think about JB everyday. I miss him, of course. He became my companion. But I always keep in mind what he told me. Never let sadness inside my heart. So, I did.

Reggie and his mom came over tonight. I invited them for dinner. They're looking for JB. The human JB which they knew as Jaebum. I told them he's far away for work which they believed. I cooked my special pasta recipe for them while Mrs. Roberts brought her specialty dessert, blueberry cheesecake. We enjoyed our dinner. Mrs. Roberts and I had a little chat while Reggie is watching another Disney movie. When Reggie fell asleep, they went home and I was left alone again.

After taking shower and finishing up my nightly routine, I turn off the lights in my living room and kitchen. But I left my fairy lights on. I went inside my room, turn off the light again but left my heart shaped lamp on. I sat on my bed and cover half of my body with my blanket. I took my book on my bedside table and continue reading where I left it.

I'm enjoying my book when I suddenly remembered JB's necklace. I haven't seen it since he was gone. I immediately got up, turn on the light and took the green box in the book shelf. I kept the necklace safe in there when JB asked me. I opened the box and search for it.

I took out all the other things inside but the necklace is nowhere to be found.

"It's gone. The spell must have been broken." I say to myself.

I then heard a noise outside my room so I immediately sneak outside.

It's him.

He's in my kitchen just like the first time I saw him. I can only see his back but it's too familiar for me not to recognize it. It's seems like he's preparing something. He then turns and reveals his eyes smile which I truly miss. On his hands is a strawberry cake and places it on the table.

I went out of my room and walk toward him. "JB." I call.

"April. I bought you a cake." He smile.

"Where have you been?"

"It's a long story. But the good news is, we broke the spell."

"I know. The necklace is gone. We did it. I'm so happy for you."

"But you don't look happy."

"It's because I miss you. I thought you will never come back." I confessed which left him a bit shock. "Anyway, how is the spell broken?" I asked just to change the topic.

"It's because of you."

"Me?"

"Yes. When we danced. You felt happy. Genuinely happy of that moment." JB says.

"Speaking of that, I wasn't able to thank you for that night. I really do appreciate your words of wisdom and encouragement. I learned a lot from you."

"I also learned a lot from you, April."

"What is it?"

"The simple joys of life is the most genuine kind of happiness." He says. "You happily dancing with me broke the spell. It was just a simple act of kindness that I did but it made you happy again." He adds.

"You brought back the light in my heart." I reply. "You told me not to let sadness get inside me so I did."

"And because of that, I promised I will grant one wish of yours. What will it be?" JB asks.

I just smiled at him while I'm taking some courage to say my wish.

"I want you to stay." I wish.

"Stay?"

"Yeah. I want you to stay in my life. Be my pet, companion or friend. Whatever you want me to associate you to." I say. "I want you to be

that person who constantly reminding me to be happy."

"Is that all? I taught you'll ask for a pet cat. I already bought one for you and Reggie."

"What?! You did not!"

"I already did. We will pick them up tomorrow."

"Then, I'll take the cat."

"But I hope you still want the bigger cat who will surely remind you to be happy." JB says as he moves closer to me.

"Of course!" I smile.