Happy Holidays, CandiedMisery

Who's My IGOT7 Secret Santa? 2018 GxB [The Big Reveal is online! // News from 2018.12.31]
Gift for CandiedMisery

Gift from ????

Title: Damaris Ball

 
Pairing(s): Mark and OC
 
How many words: 2012
 

Note to my giftee: I hope you like it. It might not be the exact plot you want, but I did my best and thank you. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Damaris Ball

 

“Andrea sweetheart. Will you listen to me?” pleaded Abigail to stubborn daughter of her.

The young lady turned around and faced her mother, as her expression hardened.

“Mother… For the love of the Moon Goddess, how many times do I have to tell you? The answer is no! I am fine and satisfied on my own. I do not need someone to live my life.”

“Oh, love. It is not my intention to annoy you by being persistent, but you, Andrea, should set example for the people. You are the queen, the ruler of this kingdom. There have been talks and rumours around the kingdom and even neighbouring countries about the ‘Mate less Queen’. Plus, sweetheart, you are twenty this year. It has been five years since your coming of age, yet your mate are nowhere to be found.”

Abigail kept on nagging Andrea and the young queen had to resist to roll her eyes. Andrea Elain Morrigan was the ruler for her kingdom, better known as Damaris. Population of Damaris consisted of werewolves. There were packs but all of them were governed under her. Damaris was famous for having a queen to reign, instead of a king. This is because their wolf is more dominate and stronger than the males, and also due to the fact because having a boy born into the royal family was rare.

“I love you, mother dearest but do you have to do a ball? Why can I just travel around the world to find my mate?” Andrea insisted.

She love the former queen but the werewolf queen was fed up and frustrated in search for her mate. She did her best but every time she wanted to find him outside the kingdom, she was forbidden to do so. Since then, she had been mate less for the last five years.

“Andrea, you precisely know why you are not allowed to do that,” her mother responded with her wolf on the edge.

Finally, Andrea gave up, knowing she was fighting a losing battle when it comes to her mother. After all, Abigail was the smartest ruler of Damaris.

“Don’t you worry. You won’t regret your decision.”

Abigail flashed her daughter a smile that Andrea grown accustomed with. Andrea snickered when Abigail started to skip on the hallway of the castle they lived in. Her mother might be fifty bit she was a teenage girl at heart. It sometimes made her wonder if Abigail is the mother.

After four days of preparation, the ball finally kicked off. Turns out, everyone in Damaris were invited to attend the grand ball.

Andrea was in front of the mirror, checking out her appearance and was satisfied with it. Someone knocked on the door, making her to turn around and she was greeted by her mother.

Being a werewolf has its own advantages. Looking younger is one of them. Andrea had always thought that her mother was the prettiest woman she had ever seen. That night, Abigail looked gorgeous with her black and turquoise gown, making her looked younger than ever. Upon seeing her mother, the werewolf queen greeted her with a kiss on her both cheeks.

“You look pretty as always, mother. I might have a new father tonight,” she teased Abigail, though Andrea wished that to occur because it had been awhile since her father passed away.

Both of them might not be mates but they both love each other. Her father had a mate but he lost her when she was killed during the war. Broken and hopeless without his mate, her father volunteered to help others that suffered due to the war.

Abigail visited those who were affected and helped them however she could. That was how they met. Abigail was intrigued by her father and became friends with him. With time, they both fall for each other. Her father’s broken heart was healing and her mother who never met her mate got married.

Her father was a beloved king of Damaris. He was fair and kind to his subjects, and always humble towards the subjects every time he visited. The whole Damaris mourned over the king’s passing. His loss was felt. He died due to the sickness that he always had. It was incurable and being werewolf could not even stop it.

The former ruler of Damaris slapped her daughter on her arm, telling her it was ridiculous. Laughing out loud, Andrea grabbed Abigail’s arm and together, they went to the castle’s hall and attended the ball.

 

Mark watched in amusement seeing his mother fussing over him like the mama bear she was, although she was technically a werewolf. It was the day of the ball. Everyone in Damaris were invited to attend, high class, middle class and low class. Mark was under the low class, although he hated the categories.

His family had been poor as long as he could remember. His financial problems never stopped him from pursuing his education. Helping his mother in the store and having multiple part-time jobs here and there, he managed to pay the school’s fee. Furthermore, they might be poor, but with a determined mother like Dorine, nothing was impossible. Give up never existed in her dictionary.

“Mom, stop. If we stay here any longer, we might not make it to the castle.”

Hearing that, Dorine hurried up and went to her daughters, fetching them so that all of them were ready. Mark was observing himself in front of the mirror in his room. Somehow, his mother managed to get him a nice and decent suit. He was wearing a white jacket with black dress shirt underneath and long black pants with shiny brown dress shoes. The red bow completed the look on him. Not to brag, but Mark knew he was good looking but not handsome. Seeing himself in the clothes on the mirror made he realized that.

“Come on, Mark. It’s time to go.” His sister, Tammy said. Mark put on a smile upon seeing how beautiful her sister was. He greeted her with a kiss in her left cheek and went downstairs to the car waiting them.

As they arrived, Mark went out first and being the gentleman he was, he held the door opened for his sisters and his mother. Thanking the driver, Mark held his arms for his mother and Dorine hooked her hand around the arm and along Tammy and Grace, they went inside the castle.

Mark was in awed as soon as they entered. He expected the inside of castle to be so dull and boring, like the exterior. But like they said ‘Never judge a book by its cover.’

The interior was modern than he expected. It looked more like a mansion with all the fancy and beautiful furniture decorating the castle.

Bowing down, he asked his mother to a dance and Dorine could not help to giggle like a teenage girl at the gesture. The fact that Mark looked more like her husband as time passed did not helped her. She accepted and they began dancing until Dorine was exhausted. As Mark danced the next one with Grace, he suddenly was hit the most amazing smell he had encountered in his whole life.

He was searching for the source of smell and as soon as he found it, it was as if the time was stopped. There, standing in front of him was the most gorgeous girl ever his eyes ever laid on. As if she could felt someone’s eyes were on her among the seas of people, she turned around and held her breath.

Oh my god.

Andrea, being the queen of Damaris, thought that she had seen a fair amount of good-looking men during her trip to other kingdoms but the man in front of him made all of them looked average.

“MATE.”

That one word came out from was loud enough to stop the music and everyone form dancing and chattering.

Mark’s eyes widened at that and he understood the scent of the smell. The scent was belonged to his mate, the beautiful lady who looked absolutely stunning in that scandalous dress of her. Mark loved it but how he wished to tear it apart because he wanted to see the beauty in her own skin.

His wolf howled at that thought and Mark let out a chuckle. Noticing everyone’s eyes on him and his beautiful mate, he took the initiative and strides towards her. That heart of Andrea skipped a heartbeat as her mate walked towards her. He reached for her hand and being the gentleman he was raised, he kissed her hand and his lips lingered before he looked at Andrea in the eyes.

Andrea was mesmerized with the sparkles on his eyes. It might dark brown in colour, which was common among werewolves, she had to admit it was the most beautiful shades of brown she had ever seen.

“Now, mate. Can I have the honour to dance with you?”

The young ruler nodded, not having the ability to speak as she might humiliating herself in front of her mate if she says something.

Mark smirked at her and laughed upon seeing her blushing.

“What’s your name, mate? By the way, you look absolutely breath-taking, love.”

Mark whispered to her ear, making her shuddered from the behaviour and hearing the endearment for her, Andrea’s face was red as tomatoes.

Seeing she being so adorable, Mark could not resist but to give her a kiss on the lips. Andrea was stunned.

“You are so adorable. By the way, my name is Mark. Yours?”

Shyly, Andrea answered, “Andrea.”

“So, what’s with the tiara? Is it apart of your clothing?” Mark had to ask, not able to hold his curisoty anymore.

Andrea laughed out loud at the question, thinking that her handsome mate was kidding.

She stopped laughing when she saw his confused look as he tilted his head.

Awww. So cute.

“You’re kidding me, right? You don’t know who I am?” Amusement was present on her voice tone as they continued to dance.

“Ummm…. You’re my mate?”

Mark was more confused than ever.

“I’m the queen of Damaris.”

Her mate went stilled after her confession and recovered from it few minutes later.

“Damn… We just met but I am proud of you already,” mused Mark.

Mark sighed internally when she laughed. Could she be more perfect?

Then, it hit Mark.

“What? So, then that makes me the king?”

He was totally in disbelief at that sudden information.

Andrea expected this kind of reaction upon meeting her mate. Touching his right cheek, “If you want to. I won’t force you if you don’t want to.”

“You mean you don’t want me? Are you rejecting me?”

Mark was upset at the idea but if his mate did not want him in her life, he would gladly to do so because if it would make her happy, he would do it for her.

“What? No, Mark. That’s not what I mean. I mean if you don’t want the title, it’s okay. I am fine being the only one to rule the kingdom. You can stay with me being my mate without doing anything.”

“Wow. It seemed our roles are reversed.”

Andrea chuckled at that. Mark decided he would not worry about the future just yet and live in the moment.

The whole kingdom was delighted that their young queen finally found her mate. Abigail cried as her daughter danced the night away with her mate. She was happy for her.

Dorine had never been more proud with Mark. She knew her youngest child would do something great. Whichever choices her son would make, she would support him. Tammy and Grace was proud and happy for their baby brother, and the sisters also found their mates at the ball.

The night was full of laughter and smile. Damaris was very beautiful at night especially with the festive mood. The sky night was clear and full of sparkling stars as if celebrating the meeting of the two werewolves.