Happy Holidays, ahgase99_nel

Who's My IGOT7 Secret Santa? 2018 GxB [The Big Reveal is online! // News from 2018.12.31]
Gift for ahgase99_nel

Gift from ???

Title of the gift: Maybe We Can Be Friends
Pairing: Mark x Reader
Words: 1813
Rating:
Warnings:
Note to my giftee: I really hope you like it! I know I might not have hit all of your interests, but I really wanted to try to give you my best work.
 

At 6:00am my phone alarm begin to ring incessantly. With a groan, I roll over and reach for it to turn the terrible sound off.

“Please. Please turn off,” I beg as I fumble with the device, still weighed down by sleep. Finally the room is quiet once again and I am left with the impending doom of Monday. My only solace in attending high school is the fact that it’s my senior year and that my small but loyal group of friends is waiting for me. With a sigh, I slip out of my bed and begin my usual morning routine.

 

The song in my headphones blocks out the sounds of everything around me as I begin my walk to school..

I softly sing to myself holding my head as high as I can going to a place that doesn’t really understand me..

My shoes scrape against the pavement as I quicken my pace to get there on time. I can’t stand the thought of being late.. Walking up to the building, I reach for the handle of the door and it's pulled away as someone opens it from the other side. I look up to see a familiar face and a bright smile.

"Y/N! Hello!" my best friend waves at me as she opens the door fully and moves over so I can enter the building.

"Hi!" I greet her back giving her a tight hug. “How are you, B/F/N?”

“Alright! A little stressed for the exam we have in math though” I give her an understanding nod and we begin our day. A long, interesting day.

 

Half of my first class is already seated in the classroom when I arrive. I take my usual seat next to my friend Erica as our rather angry looking teacher  strides into thee class and puts his things on his desk.He begins writing the agenda on the board as someone else walks into the room. Mark. He’s one of the most popular boys in school.  My eyes follow his fluid movements and trace the outline of his face. He's rather attractive. Of course I could never tell him that. He is nothing but drama and I really don’t have the time or patience to deal with him.Plus we’re in two separate worlds in high school.I scan him steadily only for my eyes to meet his and a brief smirk plays across his face. I rip my eyes away as I feel a warmth spread over my cheeks. I internally scold myself for getting caught looking at him. I’m so deep in my our thoughts that I don’t notice when my teacher begins his lesson.

"Y/N!" The teacher calls from the front of the room. “Stay on task”.

Once again I’m blushing. I send the teacher a quick nod and turn my eyes downwards toward my desk. When I look up again, I meet eyes with Mark. He only smiles at me, but I almost feel a jolt run through me. What’s happening? I arch an eyebrow in his direction before looking away. I don’t know what game he’s playing, but I’m not going along with it.

 

Class goes by without another incidence.In fact, nothing different than the usual happens until after lunch. My head is practically inside my locker when someone taps on my shoulder.

“Ahh!” I scream and fly around, hang raised to fight whoever dared to startle me. I’m shocked into silence when I see Mark grinning behind me.

“Sorry, Y/N. I didn’t mean to scare you,” He tries to hold in his laughter, but eventually fails.

“What do you want, Mark?” I ask with a frown.

I can’t help but notice the light dusting of pink that graces his cheeks as I wait for his answer.

“Uhh,” He lightly ruffles his hand, “I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out sometime?”

I almost choke when he finishes speaking. “I’m sorry what?”

He shifts his weight back and forth between his feet before talking again, “Would you want to go out sometime?”

“Oh..”I begin, but as if she could feel my emotions, B/F/N suddenly appears right next to me.

“What’s going on here?” she looks Mark up and down with wide eyes.

“Nothing. Later Y/N.” Mark barely looks at me before rushing off leaving me stunned.

“WHAT WAS THAT?” my best friend just about screams at me.

“I think Mark just asked me out? ‘’ I turn back to my locker in a weak attempt of acting unphased. I’ve spent so long telling my friends that I’d never be interested in someone like Mark. He’s just always seemed so different from us. But I’ve always had a bit of a crush on him.

“He what?!” again my best friend is much too close to me.

“It’s nothing. Just let it go.”

She signs behind me, “Whatever. You wanna come to my house after school?”

“Not tonight. I have a lot of homework.”

 

I go home directly after school knowing that I don’t have that much homework. I just knew B/F/N would keep questioning me more about mark and I'm really not in the mood. I throw myself on my bed with a happy sigh and decided that what I really need today is a nap. Right when I’m about to fall asleep my phone goes off.I’m shocked when I see Mark’s name on my phone screen. He really seems to have this effect on me.

 

Mark: Hey.

Y/N: you still have my number?

Mark: of course. never knew when i might need it (;

Y/N: off mark.

Mark: don’t you want to know what i want?

Y/N: no

Mark: i wanted to say that i meant what i said today

Y/N: and what was that?

Mark: i wanna hang out sometime

 

I lock my phone. I’m not playing this game with him. Or some dumb bet or prank. I try again to take a nap when *ding ding*

 

Mark: im serious. give me a chance.

Y/N: will you leave me alone if i say yes?

Mark: only if you hang out with me right now

Y/N: i think i hate you. meet me at the park

Mark: (;

 

When I get to the park, Mark in sitting on a bench with his back to me.

I quietly sneak up behind him, “Boo!”

Mark jumps with a scream and I almost die with laughter.

“What the , Y/N?1” He says hand on his chest.

“That’s payback. I couldn’t help myself,” I giggle and take on the other end of the bench, “What’s this all about, Mark?”

“What? I can’t hang out with a friend?” He looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

“We aren’t friends though, Mark.”

“What if I want to be?” He counters as if he’s had this conversation planned out, “There’s just something about you.”

“Is that a compliment?”

Mark moves a little closer to me, “No, it’s a fact. But you are beautiful. That’s a compliment.”

I scoff, “It seems like you want something other than a friendship.”

“What if I do?” He slides a little closer to me again.

“You’re going to have to work for it,” I stand up and turn to look at him, “I think I should go home now.”

“You just got here! Can we hang out for real soon?”

“Text you later, Mark” I respond as I leave, hiding the smile on my face.

 

Mark texts me everyday for the next three weeks. Sometimes  it’s just a meme from the internet and sometimes we have full conversations about things I never thought I would tell anyone let alone the most popular guy at school. Soon enough he starts sitting next to me in class and waiting for me by my locker at the end of the day. My friends even start to enjoy having him around. Soon enough he starts hanging out at my house.

 

We’re sprawled on my bed watching movies when it happens. I didn't expect him to kiss me but I won't say I didn't want him to. I fight him for power but I give in and let his tongue roam my mouth. He breaks away first, breathing heavy. I can tell that he didn't plan that either and he wants more.He rolls on top of me as he kisses me again. His hands roam down my sides reaching for the waistband of my pajama shorts. I help him out as he kisses down my neck. He pulls off my shirt with one motion leaving me exposed. He continues kissing on my skin until he reaches my clothed s. My bra is quickly removed as he plays with one and moves his other hand to my clothed core. A small moan is released from my mouth as he slides his hand into my . He smirks ily at me before sliding off my underwear and placing his mouth in between my legs. I moan louder than I meant to when his tongue runs over my and a finger enters me. "Mark…" I whisper as he continues. "I've been thinking about this for so long," he says as he inserts a second finger. I swirm under his touch until he removes his mouth and his fingers and pulls down his pants. I roll over and reach for his slowly it. He lets out a moan that only turns me on more as I pull him back onto the bed and straddle him. I lightly grind into him as I kiss him deeply. He positions himself at my core and slowly enters me . I moan loudly but cover my mouth. He waits patiently for me to tell him to move. He lays me down and starts ing slowly whispering compliments into my ear. I pant, "harder" as he hits that special spot inside me. Gladly taking my request he pumps into me harder pushing me closer to my edge. My nails drag down his back as he hits it deeper. Flipping me onto my hands and knees he continues his pace and tugs on my hair slightly as I moan loudly. Fireworks explode behind my eyes as he gently kisses my shoulder ing to catch his release. We collapse together breathing heavy. After catching my breath I roll over to look at him. He is already staring at me. Without a word he pulls me into his arms.

"This isn’t how I planned this happening" He chuckles. "I kind of like you. Well I like you a lot." He continues.

Hearing those words warm heart. I look up at him to see a blush spread across his face. I run my hand through his hair, "I really like you too, Mark.."