5th

Boyfriend...In Training?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next time Renjun visited Donghyuck in hospital had been a whole week since he had that conversation with Mark.

 

“And he finally shows his face.” Looking up and seeing Jaemin staring at him with a disapproving look as Jeno sat next to Donghyuck was enough to make him feel slightly guilty. He hadn’t messaged anyone in the week he hadn’t been to the hospital – he didn’t even have enough energy to get to his classes, already missing the scary motorbike that Donghyuck had forced him to ride. Or maybe I just missed Donghyuck’s warmth.

“Jun, we understand this is hard for you but…you should really let us know these types of things,” Jeno spoke up, the slightly younger male making his way to where Renjun stood in the doorway. “We’re here for you.”

“I’m sorry,” he whispered, looking down at his shoes and shuffling from side to side. “I couldn’t, I-”

“We understand,” Jeno cut him off, warmth suddenly engulfing him but leaving Renjun still as cold as ever.

“Junnie, please don’t push us away.” He heard Jaemin’s voice whisper in his left ear. “We don’t want to lose you.”

“I don’t know why I couldn’t,” he confessed, voice timid and shaky as he held on tighter to Jeno, feeling another pair of arms circle around him. Jaemin.

“Shock, probably,” Jaemin commented, sighing before Renjun was being pushed lightly out of the embrace and towards the boy in the bed. “Talk to him. Some people say that when you’re in a coma, you can still hear the things around your sleeping body.” Gazing at Donghyuck with the cords and machines helping him simply breathe and making his heart simply beat, Renjun couldn’t help but wonder if the situation could have been avoidable.

“Renjun?” He looked back at Jeno’s unspoken request, seeing his two best friends holding hands and smiling at him with as much love as their eyes could possibly hold. “He’s a good match for you.”

“When he wakes up, make sure you tell him, okay?” Jaemin added, waving a short goodbye before tugging Jeno out of the room much to the smiling male’s protests.

 

Tell him?

 

He sat down in the chair, admiring the other’s moles and eyelashes.

 

Could I tell him?

 

Reaching out for Donghyuck’s hand and leaning forward until his forehead touched the back of the tanned male’s hand, Renjun found the answer to his current predicament.

 

No, it’s not a matter of ‘can I tell him’…

 

Desperate for the other to wake up and greet him with his lopsided smile and annoying teases once more, Renjun squeezed Donghyuck’s hand in a silent plead.

 

…it’s whether I will tell him or not.

 

It had been faint but Renjun was certain that he felt Donghyuck squeeze his hand back.

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Ah, you’re here.” Upon hearing the voice that sounded remarkably like his own, Donghyuck opened his eyes to see his own face staring down at him. “Welcome!” Is that what I really look like when I smile?

“Who the are you?” he asked, sitting up once he realised he was in a bed and scanning the person in front of him from head to toe. This piece of really thinks he can imitate me-

“But I am you,” the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter