3rd

Boyfriend...In Training?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How did you know?” He asked his sister who simply gave him a sly smile, a certain twinkle settling in her eyes.

“How could I not?” She asked back, grin spreading as she began to count off everything that she had observed on her fingers. “First, you protested against Mum and Dad saying you were dating but caved in to make them shut up. Second, you didn’t tell me anything about liking Renjun which is odd because you tell me everything regarding your gay crushes.” He scrunched up his face at her as she chuckled. “Don’t look at me like that when you made me listen to your half hour rants about Jaehyun-oppa. Third, Renjun didn’t seem like he was expecting you to take him here and that’s weird because Renjun is one of the most organised people I know. And fourth, Jeno is your right-hand man but didn’t know about you dating Renjun at all. So…”

“So?” He asked, already feeling tired at having being found out. He watched as Mihyun the lollipop in her hand before continuing.

“So…” She reiterated, locking gazes with him. “What’re you going to do when Mum and Dad find out that you’re not actually dating Renjun? They’re going to be mad because you lied.”

“They’re always mad at me, one way or another,” He mumbled, toeing at the ground beneath him and praying that his shoes wouldn’t be ruined too badly. “Just don’t tell them and we’ll be fine. We’ll do it for a month and then stop and I’ll just tell them that it didn’t work out. Simple.”

“Simple,” Mihyun echoed, the lollipop once more as she eyed Donghyuck’s scratched shoes. “Have you discussed this with Renjun yet?”

 

Donghyuck looked up at her, eyeing her all-knowing expression warily.

 

“What do you mean?” He asked, walking forward and grabbing his helmet. “And why do you care?”

“Are you kidding me right now?!” Mihyun retaliated, giving him a disapproving glare as he began to put his helmet on. “Do you not see the way he looks at you?!”

“I do, actually,” He answered, looking at her as he mounted his treasured bike. “He looks at me like I’m a pest.”

“He’s one of your best friends, Hyuck!” She screamed at him, scoffing and placing a hand on the handlebar closest to her in an attempt to stop him. “One that looks at you the way that Jeno looks at Jaemin and vice versa.”

“Like hell he would look at me like that,” He stated bitterly, already hating the way that his heart sped up at the thought of the Chinese boy. “Like hell he would even think of me as a plausible option.”

“We both know that you weren’t with Renjun that day and you never know if-“

“Him actually liking m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter