3rd

Boyfriend...In Training?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seeing Donghyuck in the hospital room with tubes coming out of his body and an oxygen mask attached to his face made Renjun’s blood boil in anger.

 

Didn’t the bus driver see him? Didn’t he put on the brakes?

 

“I’ll let you two have a moment of privacy,” the nurse mumbled, loud enough for him to hear even if he was the only one in the room. Donghyuck’s parents had insisted that they wait until he was done, and his fake boyfriend’s sister wanted to grab something to eat. As for Mark, he had stayed in the waiting room of emergency, saying that he didn’t deserve to see Donghyuck in his current state.

“Hey,” he greeted, knowing full well that even the doctors and nurses didn’t know when he would wake up. “God, I feel like an idiot.” He sighed, grabbing a chair that was near the door to the room and dragging it to Donghyuck’s bedside. “Don’t scare me like that, Hyuck…I’m still scared.” His throat began to dry up, the urge to grab a drink appearing but not strong enough to make Renjun leave the room. The more he stared at Donghyuck, the more he was reminded of why he always had gone with the other’s crazy ideas.

 

I don’t like it when he’s quiet.

 

“They – your parents – found out, didn’t they?” he asked the other, letting his back slump as he peeked at Donghyuck’s resting face, his chest rising up and down slowly. “Man, even when you’re injured, I have to deal with this stupid deal.” Chuckling and shaking his head, Renjun let his hand cover the other’s; he was slightly shocked at how cold Donghyuck’s hands were. “You have to warm up properly, Hyuck, or you’re never going to make it,” he scolded, not being able to help himself from talking to the other like he always had done. “You’re lucky it’s only your extremities because your body is fighting to keep you alive and concentrating on your core but…” Pausing, Renjun glanced back at Donghyuck’s motionless face and couldn’t bring himself to open his mouth again.

 

But if it gets to your core and I lose you…I don’t want that.

 

“Mark-hyung and I went to the park today,” he whispered, knowing that if Donghyuck were awake, he wouldn’t have let the words out of his mouth. “We went to the tunnel and he said that you used to cry there. Every time I was mean to you, you would-” Renjun forcibly covered his mouth, the need to vomit climbing up his throat and becoming overbearing when he thought about being the reason why Donghyuck had shed so many tears

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter