1st

Boyfriend...In Training?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tired from forcing flowers into his best friend’s arms for his fake boyfriend, Donghyuck shoved his key into the lock of his family’s front door as unceremoniously as he could and kicked the door open. His sour mood couldn’t get worse – this truly was the epitome of being pathetic and in love with someone who he could never truly be with.

 

Sooner or later, Renjun will get together with Mark-hyung for real and then…it’ll all be over.

 

“Donghyuck? Can we talk to you for a bit?”

 

Toeing off his shoes and looking up at his parents who were sitting on their couch with serious faces, he nodded and walked over as calmly as he could. Shaking slightly, he sat down on the single chair they had next to the couch that he always fought Minhyun for and decided that if he was sad now, he can always be sad again after this talk.

 

“Donghyuck, we know you aren’t actually dating Renjun,” his dad stated – very typical of him as he always hated sugar coating his words. “Minhyun texted us saying you were sad while shopping for a bouquet and told us the general story.” Curse that .

“Hyuck, she didn’t tell us to rat you out. She’s worried,” his mother explained and Donghyuck felt the telltale guilt course through his veins at her words. “And so are we.”

“You haven’t nearly damaged the lock in years,” his father said lightly, the classic joke to try and crack the atmosphere that seemed to hang around Donghyuck. “You haven’t smiled to us in a few days. What’s wrong with our full sun?”

“Mark-hyung came back,” he informed them, taking a deep breath and making sure to look at them in the eyes. “He’s successful now and sooner or later, he’s going to date Renjun again.”

“Oh Hyuck,” his mother sighed, her eyebrows knit together in worry as she stared at him with the absence of her usual advice. “Did you try and set them up?”

“Who do you think I am?” he scoffed out, leaning back in the arm rest and wishing he had worn his leather jacket instead of his denim one just so that he could look that little bit more laid back and nonchalant.

“You’re not a bad boy, stop trying to push forth with t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter