3rd

Boyfriend...In Training?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No way!” Renjun sighed when he heard the scandalised tone in the other’s voice, the other gripping his coffee cup like it was a lifeline in the small cafe that they were in. 

“Yes way,” He stated bluntly, sighing again for good measure. “Donghyuck really outdid himself this time, Jaemin.”

“Well, I can see his perspective,” Jaemin shrugged, taking a sip of his death coffee that was surely not meant to be consumed on a daily basis. “It’s like if you saw Donghyuck and I fighting. You’d probably make us sort things out by forcing us to be together.”

“But this is my ex,” He pointed out, causing Jaemin to shrug once more. “You know, the guy I used to date before he moved?”

“Should that matter?” Jaemin asked coldly, taking another sip of his coffee as Renjun let his latte become cold. “You didn’t tell us he dumped you. We all assumed it was a mutual agreement!” Renjun simply watched as Jaemin leaned over the table dramatically and glared at him. “So really, is the fact that you used to date Mark-hyung important? He’s still Donghyuck’s friend.”

“I-I don’t know…” He admitted, looking away since Jaemin’s gaze was too much to bear. “It’s just why now? Why when I think that I’m finally going to be fine without him-“

“Hold up, are you saying that there’s someone else?!” Jaemin exclaimed, his eyes becoming uncharacteristically wide in surprise. “Who?! Is it Jeno?!” Renjun sighed at his friend’s possessiveness of his boyfriend.

“No, it’s not Jeno,” He reassured the other who nodded but continued to stare at him in order to prompt an answer. “Okay, so maybe it’s someone just as stupid but I swear I didn’t mean to!”

“You’re not making sense, Injun,” Jaemin stated flatly, his face contorting into something between a confused face and a judging look. “Just tell me who it is, I won’t judge.”

 

Is it safe? 

 

Because what Jeno told me when he found out I was fake dating him…maybe…

 

“I think it could quite possibly, maybe, most likely…” He trailed off, looking away from Jaemin’s stare and finding a crack in the cafe’s mug very very interesting. “Be Donghyuck,” He muttered, feeling embarrassment reach his cheeks and wanted to simply flee from the oncoming reaction from Jaemin.

“Sorry, who?” Jaemin asked, a teasing smile on his face as he leaned forward, jutting out his left ear as if that would make him hear better even though Renjun knew that the right ear was better for human voice comprehension. “For a second, i thought you said it was Donghyuck.”

“Jaemin,” He whined, knowing that the other would only say that if he had heard correctly and judging by Jaemin’s chuckle, Rnejun’s theory was right. 

“Renjun,” The other whined, obviously mocking his tone, a wicked smile seemingly plastered on his face as Renjun took an annoyed sip from his cold latte. “Just tell him.” Renjun nearly spat out the cold liquid that was warming in his mouth when he heard the other’s reply.

“What?! You can’t possibly expect me to tell him!” He shouted after he had hastily swallowed, eyes wide and panic rising in his bones as he tried to imagine telling Donghyuck about his budding crush. “We’re fake dating! If I tell him, it wouldn’t be fake anymore!”

“Well, do you want it to be fake?” Jaemin asked, face somehow being void of all jokes and tricks, the seriousness in his eyes feeling quite foreign. 

“Well, yeah,” He replied, barely believing that Jaemin had asked him that. “He probably likes someone else and is just using me so that he doesn’t have to confront them-“

“Injunnie, listen to me,” Jaemin stated, effectively cutting him and off and just to spite him, Renjun opened his mouth to say something. “Shut it, I have a boyfriend and you don’t.”

“I used to have one…” He mumbled, furrowing his eyebrows and flopping back in his seat, cheeks puffed out like a child who was receiving a lecture.

“Yeah and look how that turned out,” Jaemin commented amusedly, shaking his head before continuing. “Now, let’s be logical.”

“But you’re not-“

“Shut it,” Jaemin stated, glaring slightly at him and Renjun forced his lips closed. “Again, logical. What would Donghyuck gain from asking you to pretend to be his boyfriend?”

“Um…you and Jeno are dating? Isn’t it obvious that I would be the only person?” He asked, scoffing and rolling his eyes. 

“Okay but Donghyuck knows heaps of people,” Jaemin pointed out, beginning to list people off his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter