6th

Boyfriend...In Training?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey Donghyuck,” Renjun greeted once he entered the room once again, placing the small bouquet of roses on Donghyuck’s bedside cabinet. “I know I was here yesterday, but I brought flowers for you.” He felt relieved that no one was in the room – he wouldn’t have been able to live with the embarrassment of one of his friends catching him with flowers for Donghyuck out of all people.

 

Wait, does Donghyuck even like roses?

 

“I got roses…I don’t know if you like them or not but I always thought they were pretty,” he started, staring at Donghyuck’s unmoving face while he took one of the tanned male’s hands into his. “I went to class today. Ms Kim got mad at me for not concentrating though…I wonder how you are like doesn’t it get boring just lying down on that probably uncomfortable bed?” Renjun didn’t know why he got disappointed at the lack of a reply, it wasn’t like Donghyuck could actually answer him at the moment. “I liked you first, you know,” he whispered, almost afraid at the other hearing his words. “Mark-hyung is amazing but…I liked you first and I wanted to confess to you but…then Mark confessed to me. It’s actually a funny story, you know. Mark-hyung had proclaimed that he would be my boyfriend-in-training like you did a few weeks ago. Weeks?” Somewhere behind him, the door to the room had opened but Renjun didn’t really care. “Maybe it’s months now, I don’t know. Time has been blurring for me recently. It’s class and then hospital. See how dedicated I am? You should give me a pay rise or at least pay me.”

 

You could pay me by waking up, Hyuck.

 

“Um…I’m sorry but are you a family member of Mr Lee?”

 

Turning around, Renjun was met with a petite girl in a nurse uniform, a clipboard in her hands as she stared right back at him.

 

“I’m…his boyfriend,” he answered, smiling and bowing his head to her. “It’s nice to meet you.”

“It’s nice to meet you too…” Is my name really necessary?

“Huang Renjun,” he replied, turning back to Donghyuck as the nurse walked over and started checking the equipment.

“It’s nice to meet you, Mr Huang,” the nurse stated while writing down something on the clipboard. “Mr Lee is in a very stable condition which is a relief since he came to us in a very…unfavourable state.”

“Is there any estimate on when he’ll wake up?” he asked, staring at Donghyuck and squeezing the tanned male’s hand. Donghyuck looked…pathetic, in Renjun’s best words – he had lost a lot of weight due to the weeks (or was it months?) lost in a coma and lack of proper food.

“Best-case scenario is tomorrow, and worst-case scenario is never,” the nurse said in a small voice. “I’m sorry, we can’t really pinpoint a duration for a coma.”

“It’s okay, I was just…asking, I guess,” he replied, sighing before squeezing Donghyuck’s hand again. “I just want him to come back.”

“What kind of person is he?” the nurse asked, tapping away on the screen of one machine before scribbling on her clipboard once more.

“The kind that brightens up the room as cheesy as it sounds,” he stated fondly, remembering

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter