Math test

My ice princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yesterday, I wished for a pet and got a cat the very next moment...

I wonder if my wish would come true today......
>>
 


<<


It's a Monday unfortunately... And the inevitable hell resumes...

"I DON'T WANNA GO TO SCHOOL....!" I groaned as I forced myself out of bed.

I dragged myself to school with all the incomplete work and projects stuck in my head. Maybe having all that stuck in my head isn’t helping anything. Perhaps something else should be stuck instead.

 

Dear my ice princess? Be stuck in my head… Erase all words and numbers from my mind… Your pretty little face alone should be enough…

 

“Out of the way please.” A familiar cold voice rang in my ears from behind. My ice princess?

 

I turned around, and saw the ice princess.

 

“Um hey! Going to school?”

 

“No. I’m going to the gym. Isn’t it obvious that I’m going to school? Please switch your brain on, we’re having a math test during the first period.”

 

WAIT WTF? MATH TEST? This is too much for my brain…

 

“What math test? What topic? How long? I haven’t studied anything… Well, I don’t even know there’s a math test... ”

 

“I can’t believe you… It’s a forty five minutes math test… On the latest chapter… Watch our math teacher faint in the toilet after marking your work... What have you been doing yesterday?“

 

“Um… Playing with my cat…?”

 

“I wished that cat was mine…” A murmur escaped.

 

“Oh.”

 

“What?”

“Nothing. Well, if you love Abby so much, you could come to my house everyday… I won’t mind.”

 

“Um, no thank you…I have Beagle. He’ll get jealous if he sees me with another cat.”

 

“What kind of relationship is this?”

 

“He gets jealous easily… Really easily.”

 

“Oh. Abby is a very nice cat… She’s always beaten up by her owner though… I’m not sure why, and she’s very cute.”

 

“Yeah she’s very cute. The owner must’ve went to the looney doctors…” S chuckled.

 

“True enough. Perhaps he was some kind of drunkard too... He walks around with a beer bottle looking like he was gonna smash someone in the head with his glass bottle… He’s scary… I’d never want to be in the lift with him.”

 

“Me neither…”

 

“Anyways, so ready for the math test later on?”

 

“Of course, not…” I haven’t read anything... “Oh no… I’m failing…”

 

“Shut up. You’ll do great. The chapter is simple.”

 

“I’m trusting you…”

 

“So are you saying that you only trust me now?”

 

“No- JUst that you know, um sometimes your standard isn’t as low as mine and-” She decided not to listen to anymore of my explanation and just sped up. “HEY WAIT FOR ME!”

>>

 

<<

 

“You have forty five minutes, and your time starts now.”

 

The moment I flipped open the math paper, I just wanted to run out of the freakin classroom and grab my math textbook like it was my life.

 

“I love you textbook… You’re my hero…”

 

“I love you too Yerin…”

 

My lips were so close to the textbook… And suddenly,

 

“You have another thirty minutes.” Ah crap. I haven’t even started…  

 

That’s when I realised that I was actually that dumb to spend fifteen minutes daydreaming ABOUT. MY. TEXTBOOK.

 

I just hope I pass…

 

“I’M GONNA FAIL…” *cries*

 

“JUNG YERIN. KEEP QUIET!” Did I actually cried out loud? Alright this this embarrassing…

 

I sighed loudly as I picked up my pen and attempt the questions, cringing to the spontaneous fantasy I had with my math textbook.

 

As expected, the perfect brain of mine, was coincidentally experiencing a massive brain malfunction as it echoed ‘SYSTEM BREAKDOWN!’

 

Great… I can’t take my math test now… I CAN’T EVEN WRITE ANYTHING DOWN…

 

*five minutes later*

 

IT’S OKAY JYR, YOU CAN DO THIS. JUST TAKE THE NUMBER IN THE QUESTIONS AND ADD ANY OPERATIONS.

 

YES I’m close to completing the paper and I have seven minutes left.

 

YOU CAN DO IT!

 

7…

 

6…

 

5…

 

4…

 

3…

 

2…

1…

 

“Times up! Pens down and pass your papers to the front.”  

 

And in case you’re asking, YES, I, Jung Yerin, casually substituted operations into math equations for the sake of completing the math paper.

 

At this point, I know the math teacher for sure is going to faint in the toilet… Better get her some ginger tea before she really does faint inside one of the cubicles with her head in the toilet bowl...

 

Okay this other spontaneous imagination of mine is getting me nowhere…

 

“So how’s the math paper?” I heard Yuju ask.

 

“It was so easy… I wish our end of year exams are as simple…” Sowon said.

 

“Hey Yerin!” Yuju waved.

 

“HuH? Yeah? Yeah it was easy…” Totally… As simple as the world’s hardest equation…

 

“What was your answer for question three?”

 

“Huh?” I WASN’T EXPECTING THAT… “UM… What was your answer?” I returned her question with a nervous laughter.

 

“Fifty four. Yours?”

 

“Oh, same answer…” My answer wasn’t even close to fifty four… It was like… five hundred and four? But whatever… I just felt the need to lie. I can’t let them know that I’m this dumb.

 

“How about question eleven?” Yuju asked again.

 

“What’s your answer?”

 

“Hmm…I’m not sure about that question… What’s yours first?” this is leading us nowhere… Might as well…

 

“Fifteen.”

 

“SAME ANSWER! So I think I got the right answer since you’re smarter than me.” SMARTER THAN YOU? THAN YOU?” Wait till you see my paper…

 

“But what’s your answer for question fourteen?”

 

“Um… three hundred and fifty three.”

 

And…Immediately I realised that I got too overconfident upon se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter