Chapter 6: You've Seen Me Before

Inbetween Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A sudden knock jolted Taeyeon out of her reverie as she stopped painting her artwork, cursing under her breath as the brush jerked in her hand, adding a stray to the painting across the car as she was caught by surprise.

 

Minho peeked his head round the corner of the door, a frown decorating his handsome face just slightly.

 

“If they want to buy an artwork and want to see me, you know the procedure, Minho.” Taeyeon chewed on the end of her brush as she contemplated her next course of action over the destroyed stray blob of paint on the finished car in the portrait.

 

“Yes, I know, but the guy’s interested in your portrait of that purple eyed male.” Minho grumbled slightly.

 

“Its not for sale.” Taeyeon instinctively replied. “Tell him, its a private artwork, and my personal property. He may leave if he continues to insist--”

 

“He seems to know you though. And he has purple eyes.” Minho interrupted her midsentence, and Taeyeon’s brush trembled lightly at his words.

 

“Its a beautiful name.” The echo of the male’s voice filled Taeyeon’s head as she whipped her eyes round Minho, who nodded.

 

“And I think he looks like the guy in your paintings.” The boy offered, opening the door a little wider as she started to wheel herself outside, gritting her teeth as the bulky chair maneuvered its way with an agonisingly slow speed. “Do you know him?”

 

The paintbrush fell with a clatter from her hand as Taeyeon wheeled herself out of the room, as she came face to face with the male under the hood. Familiar purple eyes that haunted her in the realm of dreams roved over her features almost greedily, and she swallowed.

 

“Come in.” She could barely hide the tremble of nervousness in her tone as the male removed his hood, a shocking head of dark hair falling messily around his pale but stunning face. The male in her dreams gave her a triumphant smirk as he strode past Jonghyun and Minho, adjusting the collar of his formal wear regally, politely waiting with his cloak in hand as she wheeled herself back into the room, closing and locking the door behind her.

 

“I know you!” The words fell from her lips like a torrent bursting from a dam, uncontrollably, and albeit frantically. The male peered up from admiring her paintings, an almost bemused smile crossing his handsome face as he tucked his hands in his pockets comfortably and stalked powerfully towards her.

 

“Of course you do. I kissed you six months ago. But you may not remember.” Taeyeon spluttered half in bewilderment and mortification at his words.

 

“Wait. So my dreams are true?” She exploded, gripping onto his hand as though finding a spark of hope. “That means you’d know what is Silver Hollow Brooks and why I-I keep having these weird dreams about people that are dragons, mermaids, people that shed glittery substance from their skins and everything!”

 

“And if I told you that they’re true? What would change?” Taeyeon paused for a moment, dropping open as though she’d failed to contemplate such an impact. “Would you continue researching whatever this means?” The handsome male lifted one of the rare photos she had traced down on the internet that linked to the name Silver Hollow.

 

“What? You’re kidding, aren’t you?” Taeyeon laughed disbelievingly. “If these are all real, then there must be a connection from me to it! Or else why would I be having these dreams? There must be some kind of purpose--”

 

“They’re fragments of your memories.” The male interrupted her mid-speech. “Fragments of memories that are slowly trying to return.” His lithe fingers grazed the side of her head gently, and Taeyeon stared, transfixed as his face drew closer to hers, their lips almost within inches of each other as he scrutinized her. “You’re really resilient to memory wiping. A side effect, I’d presume, from Tiffany’s constant memory wipes of your memories when she started to deem you as unstable back than.”

 

“Back then? What do you mean?” Taeyeon demanded.”You mean I was someone different when you knew me? And who is Tiffany?”

 

“Physically wise...no.” The male laced his fingers together. “You’re still as beautiful as I last saw you, love. But mentally wise, I’d say you’re saner than you ever were then.”

 

“So I was a literal cuckoo bird living in the house.” Taeyeon gasped at that revelation. “I mean, there were rumours of how different I was now and then, and talk all about it, but I never believed them. You’re telling me that this Tiffany person is responsible for everything that happened to me?” She demanded angrily.

 

“Partially.” The male hummed. “And where are my manners? I forgot to introduce myself. Kwon Jiyong, at your service.”

 

“Kim Taeyeon.” The revelation that Jiyong had dropped on her clearly disturbed Taeyeon herself.

 

“Tiffany is your best friend.” Jiyong picked up one of her random sketches, blissfully unaware of the inner turmoil his constant adding of information was doing to Taeyeon. “She’s a witch, and was kept in her residence for breaking the rules of our community and performing illegal magic on a human. You.” He took a slight breath. “It was something that was as much of a trouble and a blessing to me.” He mused to Taeyeon lightly. “My time to find a wife was nearing its end of two months. The whol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter