Chapter 5: Hooked

Inbetween Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Your name is Taeyeon, isn’t it?” A low charming but velvetine voice chimed in her dream, her lips tingling with a scent and a memory of a male she couldn’t place. “Its a beautiful name.” The male smiled gently, then placed his lips over hers...

 

Kim Taeyeon jolted out of bed, her breath coming in quick, panting gasps as her teeth chattered, slightly disoriented from the recurring dream that she’d been having for the past six months.

 

It had been six months since Hayeon had mysteriously disappeared from the hospital she was in, and six months, since she realised she had gaps in her memories that she couldn’t remember or place.

 

Where had I seen those hauntingly beautiful eyes before?

 

Taeyeon rubbed her forehead agonisingly as she lifted her feet out of her bed tediously, fingers grabbing the wheelchair next to her bed to prop herself into it.

 

There were only two things she remembered of her gaping memories. The hauntingly beautiful man with lovely purple eyes, and the name Silver Hollow Brooks. The name was the first thing that she had returned home to search online for some clues, but the internet had come up with nothing in its long archives and books.

 

It seemed as though this place never existed in this world at all, which, Taeyeon was definitely sure, was not the case. After all, she had a existing memory of a tall girl ordering someone being taken to Silver Hollow Brooks.

 

Oh.

 

And wolves.

 

The once bare and curtained room had bright rays of sunlight spilling through it, the floors and tables a mess of research over her obsession with finding Silver Hollow Brooks and well painted drawings of the man that haunted her recurring dreams. A half done painting of a wolf, with its teeth bared in a snarl, half leaping towards a car driving away on the road stood on her canvas, waiting to be completed.

 

“Ugh.” The aspiring artist rubbed her face, fading paint colouring her fingers and elbows as she twisted her dark hair neatly into a bun, stuffing a pencil found conveniently on a table into it to keep it in place.

 

Another painting, an image of the back of a purple haired lady standing on a hill filled the canvas beautifully, the details so precise and delicate that it seemed almost as though one was seeing a beautiful picture, photographed for memory, and framed meticulously on the canvas.

 

Taeyeon quickly washed up, the scent of delicious coffee stirring her energy as she pulled the shutters to her art shop. Multiple paintings of the things in her dreams that she saw lay reanimated on her canvas, spread all over the shop to be sold. Her fingers grazed over a painting of a faceless woman pulling a skin off her face, her real face hidden beneath the skin mask that was distorted and pulling away from the skin, like a horror movie brought to life, and the other, of a sunglassed multi-coloured haired girl, with glittering dust powdering the air around her skin.

 

There was one odd thing about her paintings though.

 

Apart from the man in her dreams---whose paintings she kept selfishly for herself, the rest of the people in her artworks were faceless, and featureless.

 

It did make Taeyeon yearn for a face or faces for these individuals to place to, at least, to make everything more grounded for her.

 

“Hi Miss Kim!” A nervous chirp from her shop assistant reached Taeyeon’s ears as Irene stepped into the shop, nervous but excited.

 

“I told you before, Bae Joohyun.” Taeyeon chuckled lightly as she hurled a paintbrush in the direction of the younger girl’s head, earning a chuckling yelp from the girl as the brush missed her purposely. “Call me Taeyeon Unnie.”

 

“She’s never gonna call you that, Noona.” Taeyeon’s eyes brightened as two males appeared at the door of her shop, one of the boy’s faces adorned with a bright but cheeky smile.

 

“Jonghyunnie! Minho!” She wheeled forward as fast as she could, reaching out to ruffle their hair as they stooped down to let her do so. “Are you here to help me sell my merchandise?” A wicked gleam filled Taeyeon’s bright eyes. “I’ll pay you for using your handsome faces to attract ladies.” She guffawed heartily as Minho blushed and Jonghyun grinned, shaking his head.

 

“Unnie! Unnie! Unnie!” A loud squeal of excitement assaulted all their ears as the youngest of their artistic team leapt into the shop, heaving big breaths of air into her lungs. “I MADE IT!” Yeri cheered as she pumped her fists into the air.

 

“You’re one minute late, Yerim.” Taeyeon grinned as the fifteen year old sagged visibly. “But I love you too much to fire you.” She chuckled as the girl brightened again at her words. “Come on, let start work.” She let a light huff of laughter escape her lips as Yeri bowled over Irene in a hug and cheered, her energy seemingly endless.

 

A low chime of the bells from the front door alerted th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter