Chapter 14: The Age of a New Beginning

Inbetween Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I thought that it was just going to be us, Taeyeon. The last I can recall, a kid who hasn’t even reached eight is not part of what consists of us.” Daesung watched Youngbae down his drink roughly, grimacing as his eyes landed on Yuri and Jessica holding hands. A smirk tugged upwards on Daesung’s lips as Seungri bumped his shoulder, grinning visibly as he jerked his chin in the direction of Youngbae.

 

“I thought he’d already gotten over his pining for Yuri.” Seungri grinned as he ground the words out through the corner of his mouth. “Looks like that hasn’t faded.”

 

“Well, he’s up against Jess. No one wants to be up against Jess. Just fighting against her alone without a sword is fatal enough. Though it’ll be interesting to see how the power of love might influence his strength.”

 

“What are you two whispering about again?” Goosebumps raced up both their backs as a familiar but sinister voice echoed out behind them, dripping with honey and malicious intent.

 

“Uhhhh.”

 

“Nothing!”

 

“I heard my name.” Jessica patted their shoulders, squatting as she pressed her fingers down solidly into their shoulders.

 

“I swear! Nothing!” Daesung yelped as Jessica pinched his ear. “Nothing, nothing! Our thoughts were innocent!”

 

“What?” Two differently pitched yelps burst from Daesung and Seungri’s lips. “Why you---”

 

“I’m sure they’ve learnt their lesson, babe.” Yuri slipped her hand over Jessica’s shoulder, holding her back almost effortlessly. “They aren’t worth it.” She paused, glancing her eyes over them. “Childish pubescent boys.”

 

“Hey!” Jessica cackled at her girlfriend’s words, nodding moments later, as sagely as she could, flitting back to Taeyeon’ side.

 

“You’re absolutely right, babe.” She peered down at the tiny girl still clinging to Taeyeon’s arms. “Hello! My name is Jessica.” Judy’s head lifted tentatively from its place on Taeyeon’s shoulder, eyes wide.

 

“You have a pretty name that isn’t like Tae-tae’s!” Confusion flickered across Jessica’s face momentarily.

 

“Oh! You mean I have an English name.” She chuckled. “Just like you huh?”

“Uh huh!” The tiny head bobbed up and down eagerly. She paused for a moment, tilting her head thoughtfully before patting Taeyeon’s shoulder comfortingly. “Tae-tae’s name’s pretty too.”

 

“How ‘bout me? How ‘bout me? My name is Seungri. Seungri is a pretty name, isn’t it?” Jessica scowled as she planted her boot on Seungri’s face, pushing him away, much to the amusement of Taeyeon and Judy, who broke out into tiny giggles.

 

“Where’s Jiyong anyway? And shouldn’t Judy be with BoA?” Jessica turned her face up slightly towards Taeyeon, just as Hyoyeon slipped through the doors, visibly harassed. “What the happened to you?” They stared as the rainbow haired girl collapsed onto the nearest couch, her formal dress torn in certain places.

 

“ elders happened.” The short statured girl snapped, growling under her breath as she ripped off the bottom of her skirt, causing the three males in the room to yelp, sighs of relief bubbling from their lips at the sight of the pants beneath it. Hyoyeon shot them a funny look.

 

“You’ve seen me in less than this, boys.” She deadpanned. “Especially when we were training.”

 

“You call it training.” Daesung grumbled, scuffing his feet.

 

“We call it the age of horrors.” Seungri finished his sentence equally broodily. “Its never training time, its always ooh! Lets beat up Seungri and Daesung’s handsome faces time!” He rubbed the side of his face where Jessica’s boot print lay. “Its no wonder that no one--”

 

“I don’t think you should finish that sentence at all, Ri.” Youngbae mumbled to his brother, nudging his rash brother’s side urgently as Jessica grinned at them sharply, tapping her sharpened nails on the metal bars in the room.

 

“Right. Right.” Seungri mumbled, shrinking back into his seat just as Jiyong strode in. “I’m just gonna keep my mouth shut.” Taeyeon shook her head slightly, controlling the twitching smile that threatened to grace her face urgently.

 

“Judy wanted to stay wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter