Silver Hollow

Inbetween Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So someone asked me to make an entire chapter that describes Silver Hollow, and also asked if Silver Hollow had any difference compared to the regular human world. NOTE THAT THE DESCRIPTIONS HERE OF SILVER HOLLOW ARE IN TAEYEON'S PERSPECTIVE, BUT NOT PART OF THE STORY, HENCE MAY NOT BE USED IN THE STORY IN THE FUTURE ITSELF.

Even if Taeyeon had not even marginally understood the idea of paradise, she would have blatantly said that the fresh new world she was seeing before her was one equivalent to paradise. The veil holding the two realms back rippled as they passed through, like a gentle surface of water being disturbed by the lightest touch of a human, rippling and parting, enveloping her body as she passed through. Watery like coolness parted against her skin, and for a split moment, panic rose in Taeyeon's chest at the familiar feeling of suffocation--the lack of air in her lungs assaulting her chest. But it was momentary, and what lay beyond in her eyes took her breath away instantaneously. Soft sounds of a mini waterfall, pittering lightly into a puddle on the ground echoed within the cave that they emerged, the sun, bright and orange, blazing to look at in their human world a beautiful sheen of silver. It was as though the moon and sun were altogether one. Taeyeon didn't dare to question the schematics behind this phenomenon, but the silvery sun's rays felt warm on her skin, just like any other kind of sun, but of a different colour and perhaps nature. Nature was abundant here, with curving paths of rock, road and soil grinding beneath their feet, lifting off the ground and ascending high above their heads, like a pathway of stairs, but without the tiring necessary action of lifting their feet, the soil sloping upwards in a bridge like form to the three different citadels hovering over their heads. Silver Hollow had nature and fantasy at its peak here, the sophistication of society high up within its dark silvery skies, the natural greenery that took breath away far beneath their feet, where it could lay untouched, and grow abundantly. 

"Took your breath away?" Jiyong's smooth timbre echoed gently against her ear, the slide of his arm wringing itself gently around her waist. "Welcome to Silver Hollow., the City of the Unnatural."

Taeyeon's eyes fell to the arching horse that stood welcoming at the corner, the bright purple, pink and blue lights high above their heads, glistening in the bustling citadels welcoming and filling her heart with a deep sense of awe.

"Why are there three levels?" Her fingers traced the pathway of the ascending citadels, each more sophisticated than the next. 

"Its the segregration of our vampiric kind." Jiyong muttered in her ears. "Not something that I'm very proud of, as a matter of fact, but the three levels represent the type of vampires living within each citadel. The first citadel is the City named Iridium, it is a place where all the vampiric slaves are given a place to stay and sleep." Her head turned swiftly and incredulously at his words. "I used to stay there, in the prime of my youth. Its mostly made out of dungeons, stacked haphazardly next or on top of each other, and the vampires there wear chains to signal their boundage to their masters." He flipped his hands, showing the insides of his wrists, where a mark, crudely carved into his light skin lay. "The vampires locked in there are usually vampires with a special hereditary quirk, they've inherited vampiric venom from their ancestors. Its a rare anomaly in vampiric species. The stranger your eye colour, the stronger the potency of the venom. They keep us locked in there, mouths pried open and fixed to machines, collecting vampire venom to make exchanges with witches. There are even vampiric children there. But thats not what currently matters." 

~~~~

"And this," Jiyong gestured to the magificent castle and its subordinate houses, surrounded by a deep moat, "Is my castle. Its name is An Cordia, which kind of means an image of the heart." There was a pregnant pause. "I would say that its a rather accurate description of it, as a matter of fact."

~~~~

Taeyeon smoothed a finger down the spine of a history book in the extensive library that she was in, clinging tightly to the ladder as she pulled the heavy and dusty book out of its place in the shelves. 

"A History of An Cordia, the Castle of Kings." She read aloud, musing quietly as she pried open the pages, coughing at the dust that spiralled into the air. "The beauty of the main city of Silver Hollow was not its huge Silvery Sun and moon that occasionally hovered like a painting behind the steepled city, but of the ethereal glow to what should be the residence of creatures of the night. Light bathed the city of Silver Hollow with gentle hues of pink and blue, segregated into three different sections, steep roads winding upwards viciously as paths to the next sanctuary, as though symbolising the cruel caste system that ruled the vampiric families by their noses, like stubborn bulls waiting to be led. At the top most of the city lay the King’s Castle, and the Legatorum’s Residences. Like the nature of their work, doom and gloom seemed to hang over the clouds close to the Castle, lightning cracking the sky above it, the soft silvery glows of light casting its wares on the moat that surrounded it. The Castle itself was alive, and loved to mimick its master’s own habits and feelings, shifting to feel and show the deep darkness they harboured in their chests and hearts, both magnificent and terrifying, as all kings should be."

~~~~

The Dwarven City, Kirlkrik.

 

If one was to stand right outside the Dwarven Village, having passed through the portal from Silver Hollow’s main city to its central branch of different villages for each race, they would find themselves facing a traditional village, well constructed, teeming with the luxurious smell of burning metal and hay, the sounds of metal and weapons being forged clinking from within its interior. Smoke billowed in the near distance from each chimney pipe of every house, for Dwarves always had this belief of keeping their forged items as close to them as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter