Description of Races [MUST READ]

Inbetween Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: I know its long, but trust me, its a MUST READ before starting the story ;) Please note that as the story progesses, there are things in here that will be added, and prone to change. To be honest, there are a lot of things given away here xD Especially with regards to the characters in the story.

Races

 

Dwarven:

 

Dwarves are beings of a fantastical race that are known to be short in stature. They are ugly by nature, but once in every hundred years a unique form of a Dwarf will appear amongst the generations of Dwarflings, called the Beispellios. These Beispellios are dwarves born with beautiful and charming traits, along with the power to imbue the things they create with life. They are masters of craft, and can create anything out of any materials, as long its of good quality. Beispellios are also only subjective to females, there have been no Beispellios born of a masculine nature, and due to the beauty of these Beispellios, they find it hard to stomach mating with a fellow dwarven, since the difference between their physical traits are so great. If a Beispellios has a child or offspring, the offspring will not inherit any of the desirable qualities of the mother, instead reverting back to its usual Dwarven form. Beispellios are usually set as part of the Legatorum, which is a group of specific individuals from all races of the fantastical plane of Silver Hollow.

 

Physical Traits:

Short Stature

Dark Brown Eyes

Pale/Tan Skin

Traits:

Always has a Magical Tool Kit for making items

Hands cannot stop moving, always making something out of nothing

Likes to tie hair back for a bandana to keep fringe away from falling into their eyes.

Always has soot or dirt staining some part of their bodies

 

Characters Belonging to Race:

Sunny Lee Soonkyu


Reference Pictures:

[Female: Beispellios]       (Regular Male and Female Dwarf)

 

Elven:

 

Elves are yet another set of fantastical beings found in the dominant race of Silver Hollow. Known for their waifish, tall and slim stature, Elves are pretty much born with the recessive trait of light hair and light eyes. They have access to Elven Magic, but the ancient arts of it is long forgotten. They are studious, hardworking and are masters of all trades. They are skilled with the bow and arrow but none use it as often as they do in the old days.

 

They do not have pointy ears, unlike as described in mythology, and prefer either acquainting themselves with new knowledge, or simply relaxing and enjoying comforts of life. They live a very aristocratic life, and are one of the richest races that reside in Silver Hollow.

 

They have a tradition to choose the right members to join Legatorum, called Eligendo, whereby Elves of the young generation are selected based on eloquence, charisma and knowledge. These three traits are what the Elves believe as the most appealing for diplomatic relations.

 

Physical Traits:

Tall, Waifish Stature

Light Skinned, light eyed

Traits:

Knowledgeable

Always with a book

May be mischievous at times

Honest

Skilled with bow and arrow

Knives are alternatives

Characters Belonging to the Race:

Im Yoona

Seohyun (Seo Ji-hyun)

 

Reference Pics:

 

(Yoona) (Seohyun)


 

Gremlins:

 

Gremlins are folks of mischief and play. They are a sub race ruled by the race of Elves, and are always found playing some sort of pranks that usually turns the tides for plans into something more hellish. They have a queer obsession with aircraft, and all kinds of machinery, and hence are the bane for dwarfs, who love to craft things with their hands. A dwarf will fly into a rage upon seeing a Gremlin, even if it is not doing anything mischievous or fractionally harmful.

 

Gremlins are not part of the Legatorum.

 

Physical Traits:

Furry Creatures with Pointed Ears

Three fingers, three toes

Short stunted body

Things to Note:

 

The Gremlins’ love for machinery and aircraft extend even to the areas where they live. They can be found in old airplane crash sites, and the largest family of Gremlins live in a series of multiple aircrafts, all crafted using scrap metal and wood.

 

Reference Pictures:

(Where they live)


 

Halflings:

 

Halflings are ½ human and ½ other race of the Silver Hollow Families. They have traits similar or close to their fantasy counterparts, but are mostly human overall. They have no specific defining features, and are usually left with their human families.

 

Halflings are usually procreated through a visitation of the other fantasy races into the human world once every few years. A human will catch their eye, and if they are fertile enough, Halflings will be produced from the one night stand. These children are naturally integrated into their human families, and rarely do the other races choose single individuals---they have a tendency to find counterparts in married individuals, so that their offspring can be ensured family.

 

For female fantasy races that are impregnated from their fling in the human world, the child is either planted into the family of the married human individual with a help of a witch, who will redesign the family and neighbourhood’s memories of the the conceiving and birth of the child.

 

If the mother refuses to give the child to its human family, then they are left for adoption.

 

Fairies:

 

Fairies are yet another small group of the fantasy races residing in Silver Hollow. With small and light statures, fairies do not have wings on their backs, but are granted with the ability to fly. They are highly mischievous, fun and easily excited. More of the mood makers of the group of races in Silver Hollow.

 

Physical Traits:

Multicoloured Hair

Short Stature

 

Traits:

They’re the most excitable of the races

Can be honest, can be fit. They are very very well rounded in things that would help with mischief, like physical exercise

If a fairy has maximised their physical prowess trait, they will be inclined to move on towards martial arts.

Competitive and can’t sit still

They are usually a female dominant race, and excel well in holding gatherings and parties.

They are usually employed as bodyguards for witches, and a few of the weaker races

They shed fairy dust instead of sweating.

 

Characters in this Race:

Hyoyeon

Sehun

Key

 

Reference Pictures:

      

 

Human:

 

Most of the humans in the neighbourhood closest to Silver Hollow are halflings. They have multiple genetics of different fantastical races residing in them, despite looking human. These fantasy genetics can be unlocked with magic, or a trigger. However, upon triggering their hidden gene, these halflings take on dominant physical characteristics of their fantasy race. Not all genetic traits are passed down from the previous generation to another. Sometimes these genes may skip. Rarely do any halflings have triple amount of genetic traits from three different races. These individuals with three genetic inheritance are called Trestier. So a family may have genetic generations from all the fantasy races, but each of the children will inherit a different subtrait, depending on what kind of parent they have. EG: Human/Vampire + Fairy: Human/Fairy or Human/Vampire; Human/Vampire +Siren: Human/Siren or Human/ Vampire etc.

 

These Halflings inherit stronger physical characteristics from their human parents, in order not to have any disparity.

 

Upon triggering a change, they inherit all the magical capabilities of their fantasy dominant race, though tribids are known to have capabilities and traits from both their fantasy dominant races, making them much more powerful than others--thus the rarity of this species.

 

Human/Vampire:

Triggered with a bite from a vampire

Human/ Fairy:

Triggered by fairy dust (Upon changing, their hair goes through different phases of colours, depending on mood or maturity, instead of the multicoloured distinctive hair of the fairy race.)

Human/ Fairy/ Vampire:

Either a bite from a vampire/ get touched by fairy dust

Human/Siren:

Triggered by death in water

Human/ Elves:

Triggered using Elven Magic

Human/ Dwarves:

Death by fire

Human/Lycanthrope:

Triggered by bite/Magic

Human/Witch:

These are usually born as full witches, as the magical gene is more dominant than the human one.

Human/Draconian:

A bite from a Draconian can trigger the change

 

Characters in this race:

Kim Taeyeon (Human/Fairy/Vampire)

Kim Hayeon (Human/ Siren)

Kim Jiwoong (Human/Lycanthrope)

Bae Irene (Human/Witch)--Weaker witch side, ended up being human, for a long period of time till her eighteenth birthday.

Yeri (Human/Elf)

Minho (Human/Witch)

Jonghyun (Human/ Draconian)

Reference pictures (Before and After):

 

Taeyeon:

(Before, Untriggered)

 

(Fairy Gene Triggered, After) [Stage 1]

Irene:

(Before Change)

 

Yeri:

(Before)

 

Minho:

(Before)

 

Jonghyun:

(Before)

 

 

Vampires:

 

Vampires are the main dominant race of Silver Hollow. Pale skinned and dark eyed, they look almost alike to humans, save for the sallow nature of their skin. They do not have fangs, just slightly sharpened canine teeth that is easier for them to cut through flesh. Under no conditions do their skin have colour, or are they able to blush. Not that they cannot feel those particular feelings, they can, but due to the lack of a living pulse, their skin is unable to flush with colour.

 

Their halflings however, do have that ability to have flushed skin. It shows more noticeably than other regular humans, especially after the change, as the halfling’s skin colour takes on a vampire’s more white and pallid nature, making the flush of blood in their skin much easier to be seen by the eye.

 

Vampires, by nature, are extremely alluring. Unlike their mythological counterparts, they are able to procreate with both humans and vampires alike. Their physical traits make them naturally charming, and irresistible.

 

With regards to romance, vampires tend to have soulmates, but rarely do the right soulmates ever find each other. Soulmates can be born generations apart, or thousand years down the road.

 

Physical Traits:

Most vampires have lean or tall physiques.

They have pale sallow skin

No pulse

Their beauty is more delicate and feminine

Alluring and Charming, their physical beauty is more of the innocent kind.

Traits:

They cannot feed on human food, they either drink blood directly from the source (humans), or they feed of artificially made plasma and blood.

Vampires have a special blood collecting hospital that is run by vampires, to help create and supply packed blood and plasma. It runs like any normal regular hospital, but underneath all the treatments, they collect blood as a food sources for vampires.

They are not allergic to garlic. It will only give them severe stomach aches if they breathe in garlic for too long.

They can walk in the sunlight, but only if they have daylight rings.

They are also able to freely enter homes, but only if the person has no knowledge of them being a vampire. If a vampire halfling is present within the household, then no permission to enter is required for the vampire, since the genetic heritage in the household cancels out the effect.

Witch and Vampires work together and benefit mutually from exchange of daylight rings for rare vampire venom.

Vampire venom---A venom only produced by few vampires that have the ability to turn others into vampires like themselves. Since vampires can procreate, vampiric venom is not needed. However, their saliva has a neurotoxin that helps jumble their prey’s nervous system and sends humans into a daze. This helps them to feed, but it will n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter