Chapter 3: World Turned Upside Down

Inbetween Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tiffany felt the veils between Silver Hollow and the human realm ripple and change as three individuals passed through the veil she had been guarding.

 

“Miss Tiffany.” One of the guards bowed as politely as he could avoiding eye contact with the purple haired witch. “The king requires you to immediately return to your residence in Silver Hollow, and to maintain no contact with anyone in the human realm. This is to be executed immediately, until the king believes he sees fit.”

 

“I have not found the right Queen for the King yet. As of now, I am still on a mission---”

 

“The mission will be taken over by Miss Sooyoung and her comrades. The king demands that you be brought back immediately.” The guard interrupted her speech midway, impatience lining his features as Tiffany clearly refused to obey.

 

“And if I do not?”

 

“We have explicit orders from the king to be able to do whatever it takes to bring you back to the Silver Hollow.” The guard reiterated stonily, the sound of a sharpened silver sword being drawn steadily from its scabbard raking clearly through the air.

 

Tiffany coughed slightly, smiling almost in disdain as she glanced at the three guards.

 

“Only three guards? And here I thought Jiyong would send more.” An eerie purplish glow light her irises, and the young witch gave a careless wave of her hand, sending two of the guard flying and crashing into a shelf.

 

“Fany?” A familiar echo of Taeyeon’s voice from behind the front door stopped the young witch in her tracks, eyes widening as her head whipped towards the direction of the door. “I heard a crash when I was trying to open my door. Are you alright?”

 

The split moment of distraction was all the time the struggling guards had needed to rid themselves of constricting boa that was Tiffany’s telekinesis.

 

Snarls of anger rippled from the three guards as their features violently elongated, and their canine teeth sharpened. Viscous drool dripped from their lips, and the loud snapping of bones filled Tiffany’s ears as she cringed.

 

“I’m fine, just go back home and stay there---”Her sentence was not finished as the first of the lycanthrope guards violently bowled into her, knocking the breath out of her chest, and landing her headfirst into a toppled cabinet.

 

“Tiffany!” Alarm could be heard in Taeyeon’s voice as the young witch winced, lifted her fingers to cast a muting spell. A low muffled thud echoed through the room she was in, and Tiffany exhaled a long sigh. She couldn’t concentrate like this, with Taeyeon at the door.

 

I swear, Taeyeon has really good ears at bad times like this.

 

The purple haired witch cracked her neck lightly, before shaking and spraying th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter